List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

But on Monday night the Power were adamant the deal was insufficient and were threatening to trade Houston to North Melbourne, which have offered a future first-rounder as part of a deal.

The Power view is that having agreed to trade Houston back to Victoria they are not willing to accept a lesser Collingwood offer when the Roos deal is clearly of a higher quality.

The only wrinkle in accepting a Roos first-rounder for Houston is that the Power would prefer 2024 selections instead of future picks.
It remains to be seen if the Magpies and Suns can restructure aspects of the trade deal to resuscitate it but the Power believed they were being strong-armed by Houston’s camp to accept a lesser deal.

Gold Coast was on Monday night threatening to trade the No.13 draft pick to a rival party if the trade fell over given huge demand for that selection.

And the Houston camp was furious that a trade that had seemed over the line on Monday night now seemed to have flatlined.

As of Monday afternoon the prospective trade would have seen the Suns still keeping picks six and 23 to hand to the Tigers for Rioli, who finished second in the 2022 best-and-fairest by a single vote to Tom Lynch and won this year’s Jack Dyer Medal.

If Houston's camp "strong-armed" then he would have nominated the us.

We can do:
13 for Norths F1
Luko for Port’s F1
29 for Noble (take it or leave it I guess)
6 for Rioli
23 + F2 for another teams F1
A couple of holes in that - what makes you think North will trade their future first?

Why is everyone assuming that you're not getting anything back other than Rioli from Richmond for 6 and 23 - I'd be betting on the wooden spooners F2.

It wouldn't be a straight swap of Lukosius and Port's F1 - you'll have to sweeten it. In the proposed swap it's pretty clear that we underpaid you and Port overpaid you to get near a balance for everyone.

Eg. Noble and F1- underpay for 13 and 29
Lukosius and steak knives for F1 - overpay
13,29,36 and Richards for Houston

You'll sweeten it - it's a dream deal for GC by Cameron - two salary dumps, two first round picks and Noble for 13 and 29. Massive win at this stage. After watching wht he did last year - how can you have so little faith?

Surprised Jakob Ryan’s name didn’t really come up. Happy to get Houston and continue to develop Ryan (wing probably his best bet) but I’d have thought his name might have come up for Port. Has more scope than Atkins who already isn’t good enough to be best 23 at 30 years old.
I reckon there’s more chance of Atkins getting back to his best with the crows then Ryan becoming a player.

When Noble announced he wanted a trade Fly said he would accommodate but wanted a good deal - that he is a required player.
1. They've obviously left it.

2. Yea they'll probably walk away from Noble
And we don't need to replace Noble next year. We would be fine with that. And the next player courted by GC will have to consider the likelihood that they get screwed over in the last minute because GC get greedy and leave them hanging. They have enough trouble getting players now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Collingwood can get a future 2nd for Richards and 13 and 29 for Noble and our future 1st I think we are better off long term than getting Houston. I think we can win the flag with out him.

Jiath is a terrific user and great mover. We have a few players we can play across half back.

We cant offer anymore than we have and the only change really should be Lucocious for a f2 or f1 with a f2 back. Even with that we are overpaying as we are going need more in 2025 to obtain McGuane

It wouldn't be a straight swap of Lukosius and Port's F1 - you'll have to sweeten it. In the proposed swap it's pretty clear that we underpaid you and Port overpaid you to get near a balance for everyone.
Yeah that’s the issue, you’re underpaying and Port is overpaying.

Therefore you need to find more draft capital to give to Port and go trade another player.

If Port really do screw this deal, do we just go for Barrass instead? Would be pretty handy pairing with Moore and Howe.

Rumour is that Barrass is physically cooked and needs to be actively managed for chronic back(?) issues.

Personally I would rather us turn to Sam Frost's manager and see how he reacts to a 2+1 year offer and a spot in our AFL back six on ok money, as opposed to the one-year extension for minimum chips that the Hawks can't even give him yet to toil away at VFL level next year.

He is exactly what we need to free up Moore and Howe and you never know what might happen when you give a different tree a bit of a shake, trade cost would be minimal too.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back