List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

So its reported the Houston camp were "furious" the deal wasn't agreed to and Port are threatening to trade him to North. They really are ****ed here. He doesn't want to go to North and doesn't sound like he'll go back to Port now so get your shit together Port you muppets
This is a great outcome for us.

He will never play for North and they cannot make him.

Port have pissed him off so he won't want to stay.

The only option now is Collingwood, and we look like we've done everything we can to get him here.

PA will now have to negotiate with GC to resolve it. One of them folds on where pick 23 goes - Richmond or PA.

Houston will be a Collingwood player next year.

Just needed to nominate a club like every other players does that eventually gets to that club ( some exceptions but rare)!

The openness has caused confusion.

Been confusing and frustrating for us as fans but the positive is that Port haven't been able to say to us "you got him to nominate you, so pay up"

It's left us with a minor piece of wiggle room to say "this is our best offer, if you don't accept you may need to keep him"

Was merely suggesting that it's not a guarantee
We are magpies for a reason! Some just love a shiny new object. Sure Houston will help out ball movement, but there’ll be a flow on effect there always is. Perhaps Houston isn’t as effective with us because our system doesn’t work for him like Port’s? Maybe clubs start sending defensive forwards to him? We improve with his addition along with Perryman, but nothing’s certain in footy.

I think what’s irritating me the most out of all of this is how differently GC are treating the Noble and Rioli trades. They’re giving up the world for Rioli who’s a just slightly above average player but at the same time are treating Noble like some kind of steak knives to our F1 for pick 13. They chased him under contract and offered him a 4 year deal ffs, it makes me want to just retain Noble and call the whole thing off on principle.
If we don't get Houston, we should be keeping Noble.

Unfortunately, I think GC wouldn't mind that because they are already getting Rioli

I wouldn’t mind getting hands on pick 13 outside, splitting with Swans and then going after those key position twins.

I’d love Houston but there’s other ways to make this trade period a success.

The only option now is Collingwood, and we look like we've done everything we can to get him here.

PA will now have to negotiate with GC to resolve it. One of them folds on where pick 23 goes - Richmond or PA.

This is a three way deal. It’s not “Collingwood need to give us more” it’s all 3 clubs do whatever to get the deal done. Which means GC might need to throw in something to make it work.

Absolutely laughable the media are making this a Collingwood issue, and the worst part is I’m not even surprised one little bit. All for clicks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just needed to nominate a club like every other players does that eventually gets to that club ( some exceptions but rare)!

The openness has caused confusion.

Don’t you think that’s already happened - but behind closed doors? I do.

Going public would ratchet up the pressure but I think Houston’s management had being trying the dignified approach to date.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Paul Connors has a lot of power, this will surely get done otherwise it will hurt Port moving forward with any Connors sports clients.
100%! They thought it was done and the last thing you want is to piss off the biggest management group in the game. I don’t expect much to change about the final deal, but this talk of sending him to North or pulling out altogether is fanciful and completely ignores this factor.

Paul Connors has a lot of power, this will surely get done otherwise it will hurt Port moving forward with any Connors sports clients.
I think if Houston ends up at North, his least preferred club, it would hurt Connors Sports in attracting new clients so they can't have that

Oh my god, Edmund now going the Houston to North as a Bradbury moment.

What a load of shit.

I genuinely feel sorry for any casual North fans out there who are eating this stuff up believing they might be a chance.
I used to think Edmund wasn't too bad but this past week hes shown what piece of excrement he really is

Media this morning already suggesting Carlton and Richmond looking like the biggest winners this trade period.

Despite of course Carlton potentially trading away their third best forward, a first rounder and future first for pick 3, beyond missing out on Houston and not being able to offload Kennedy or any others.

And Richmond losing their best 2 players alongside the retirement of an ex captain and retirement of one of their best ever.

Richmond, regardless of or perhaps because their team is a dumpster fire, have absolutely been given a BJ this week. They are unquestionably the winners of the trade period. Whether that eventually translates to wins on the field is anyone’s guess.

Port have four years remaining of a contract. They can quite easily make him stay, even if he is pissed off with them this week, this month, or for the remainder of this year. At the end of the day, he will get his head around the fact that he has to show up fresh in preseason if he stays at Port and contribute, and he will.

I still think he will end up at Collingwood, but there will probably need to be another sweetener.

If we don't get Houston, we should be keeping Noble.

Unfortunately, I think GC wouldn't mind that because they are already getting Rioli
I think it stuffs up their plans tbh, they’re looking at combining Noble as a link up man with Rioli off half back like we did with he and Nick in 2022 (which was a thing of beauty fwiw).

His value is less than Noble’s. He’s a neat footballer at best with some nice parlour tricks, but then you factor in the salary and he drops in value significantly. There’s just no way Port’s future 1st should be involved unless GC are paying his full wage which they won’t be.
Pretty clear that GC have kept 13 for this trade as it helps them get an unbelievable deal for the worst contract in the league

He may become a star, but it won't be for GC and they won't want to use him much over the time of his contract. Keeping him will just be pissing $2 million of salary cap away.

This is a three way deal. It’s not “Collingwood need to give us more” it’s all 3 clubs do whatever to get the deal done. Which means GC might need to throw in something to make it work.

Absolutely laughable the media are making this a Collingwood issue, and the worst part is I’m not even surprised one little bit. All for clicks.
Yea, I think if we were still holding out to keep 23 or 29 for ourselves then fair enough. But the fact we're not and we're also throwing in 36, we've basically offered up everything we have available to trade. It shows we've come to the table. Now it's up to GC/Port.

I think the pressure will ultimately fall down to GC. It will become a negotiation around the value of Lukosius and what Port give up for him. Right now GC making out with 2 F1s, Noble, salary dump for the cost of 13, 29 and Lukosius is too much.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back