List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely West Coast trading pick three would have to be the most spoken about thing in the media today. What a trade for the Blues. It’s mind-boggling that the Eagles would do it.

A cautionary tale re pinning flag hopes on one player. Remember....

Brian Peake - Geelong

Chris Judd - Blose

Mike Richardson - Pies

Lance Franklin - Sydney

Gary Ablett Jnr - GC

Gary Ablett Snr - Geelong

Not sure GC expected to win the flag with GAJ, that was more marketing.

Another example would be Beams back to Pies in 2019.

This North push is even more ridiculous than the Carlton push

He's not going to bloody North

If there was any realistic chance of him going to North it would have happened by now. He doesn't want to go to North. He'd rather stay at Port

F**K ME! Port drew a line in the sand with not dealing with us back when Stevens wanted to come to the Pies... and now this. **** THEM! Houston would be a great assett and quality player ....but not at the expense of ever dealing with Port again.

Imagine being the number 3 pick right now? Whoever it is will be over the moon knowing they’re going to a contending Victorian club.
Lot of pressure on him though - blues have given up 2 first rounders , a second rounder and their leading small forward to land him. Wouldn’t want to be a Dow

Surely West Coast trading pick three would have to be the most spoken about thing in the media today. What a trade for the Blues. It’s mind-boggling that the Eagles would do it.
Not much to say. WCE think it's a good deal for them, so do Carlton - otherwise it wouldn't have been done. Time will tell.

F*K ME! Port drew a line in the sand with not dealing with us back when Stevens wanted to come to the Pies... and now this. *** THEM! Houston would be a great assett and quality player ....but not at the expense of ever dealing with Port again.
We are forever grateful that Stevens was sent to Carlton instead. Ironically they replaced Stevens with Josh Mahoney, ex Collingwood and Bulldogs reject who spent three years in the VFL before Power desperately picked him up in the PSD. He was a premiership player in 2004. Moral of the story there’s always an out.

We will move on if the trade fails but I doubt it will. Their beef is probably with the suns not with us. I doubt there’s any Ill-will unlike 2003.

A cautionary tale re pinning flag hopes on one player. Remember....

Brian Peake - Geelong

Chris Judd - Blose

Mike Richardson - Pies

Lance Franklin - Sydney

Gary Ablett Jnr - GC

Gary Ablett Snr - Geelong

That’s why we’re after Houston. We don’t want to pin our hopes on Nick alone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way that is phrased makes it sound as if Richmond will be adding 6 & 23 without sending a pick back, which would be madness

I mean it seems obvious

Look at the insanity going on at West Coast and Gold Coast

Both coached by former Richmond coaches and both absolutely bending over to help out Richmond. You don't need a tinfoil hat for this one lol

There's a certain "flavour" at least on this board that getting Houston almost guarantees a flag - history suggests other clubs going down the same path have failed - not to say that Houston wouldn't be a great get if that happens.....
There's also a certain flavour that a speculative pick at 36 is preferable to getting Houston.

Everyone is so scared of Houston getting to Collingwood
Their hated clear to see
Revenge Of The Sith Evil Laugh GIF by Star Wars

There's a certain "flavour" at least on this board that getting Houston almost guarantees a flag - history suggests other clubs going down the same path have failed - not to say that Houston wouldn't be a great get if that happens.....
Of course it doesn't guarantee a flag. Gives us a better shot though.

Both the Rioli and Lukosius trades should be walked back to less generous terms.

Unfortunately that won’t happen.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back