List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

They always could have made him stay at Port.
Nah. They're like us. They look after their players. Long term benefits over one deal. Who would you prefer to work for the club who locks Petracca in the contract dungeon and won't let him leave or the team who makes the best out of departures.

Definitely agree with everyone here saying we should sign Membrey. He is great depth for a position we sorely need coverage for. Even if he isn't best 23 (which he might be ) , one of Cox , McStay, Checkers even Elliot is always injured , we want to avoid the disastrous position we were in mid season this year where we were forced to play AJ and Kruger as we had nobody else .

Well... We might be in a bit of strife here.
12 months is a long time in footy, I imagine he'll take the next step in his draft year. He'll prob end up between 10-12
As long as he is around that range in the first round, we'll be fine. Unless we have a poor year lol But finals bound and wont be an issue.

It’s possible Robertson isn’t on a list any longer than Membrey or Tomlinson so the age demographic shouldn’t come into it. Who ever helps more next season should be only conference with these type of pick ups.
Maybe but it’s academic now. I think having landed Houston we should raise our eyes a little and look beyond 2025 if practical.

Nah. They're like us. They look after their players. Long term benefits over one deal. Who would you prefer to work for the club who locks Petracca in the contract dungeon and won't let him leave or the team who makes the best out of departures.
This was all really in response to a poster saying it's a good thing the Houston deal was done yesterday before the Bolton deal. I'm glad it was too.

Keeping him was just the other option they had. Whether that was a good thing or not, I wasn't really commenting on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d be staggered if we kept Ash over Reef
Not really a choice. One is contracted.
I wonder if they are thinking we should have let him go last year when he had interest.

I wouldn’t be, AJ has shown he can play that third tall role but he’s had to play the only tall. Yes he’s got a lot of flaws but lots of flair as well. Reef just doesn’t have it despite the BF community refusing to see it.
Reef is easily the better of the two.

I personally think we need tomlinson more than membrey. Having an additional experienced defender as a backup is crucial. God forbid something happens to Darcy Moore, wouldn't want someone like dean and Frampton as the main KPD.

I wouldn’t be, AJ has shown he can play that third tall role but he’s had to play the only tall. Yes he’s got a lot of flaws but lots of flair as well. Reef just doesn’t have it despite the BF community refusing to see it.

I reckon if we were wanting to keep Ash we wouldn’t be looking at Membrey

I would put Reef on the rookie list too, and I'd be pretty ruthless with the guys currently on there - Eyre, Bytel, Sullivan, Long all gone. Would rather take a look at some other guys than persist with them.

I think our depth is looking strong with Houston and Perryman walking straight in to best 18 spots guaranteed, so I wouldn't be bothering with these mature age rookies.

It's a deep draft, even late pings are more worth taking than these NQR guys in their 20s.
You may be onto something here.
But not necessarily as a late ping this year.

If it's a deep draft, then it stands to reason there will be talent left unselected (more than most drafts).
So it might be beneficial to bring some down to SSP trial (rather then keep the current ones).
Also next year MSD may actually be worth making sure we're in for the same reason.

Extending that thought out a year, there may be a few that have improved next year as 19 year olds and are worth taking late in the draft / SSP next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back