List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Could Marshall and McStay play in the same forward line? Is it a plan to cover the possible retirement of Mihocek?
I think they could. They’re pretty different types as far as tall forwards go, and checkers won’t last forever.

POSITION: Key Forward/Tall Utility

DRAFT ANALYSIS: “An athletic key forward tied to Essendon’s Next Generation Academy; Eyre catches the eye with his size, athleticism, and booming left foot.” – Ed Pascoe

Joshua Eyre came seemingly out of nowhere last year, working into the Calder Cannons' NAB League side in Round 9 and becoming a mainstay for the team; playing back and forward, before settling in attack. Eyre really caught the eye in Calder’s come-from-behind elimination final win against Dandenong, where he notched season-high efforts for disposals (11) and goals (two). His performance was arguably the catalyst in clubs recommending him into the AFL Academy for 2020. Eyre was also added to Essendon’s Next Generation Academy (NGA) early in 2020, with his mother of Indigenous decent helping him qualify. The young Bombers supporter also got to train with Essendon alongside Calder teammate and fellow Essendon NGA member, Cody Brand. Eyre’s recent combine performance and with the exit of Joe Daniher makes the prospect of him joining the Bombers even more likely as long-term key position cover.

STRENGTHS:

• Athleticism
  • Endurance
  • Versatility
  • Marking
  • Kicking
  • Upside
IMPROVEMENTS:

• Production
  • Durability
  • Strength

When you read the rest of the blurb it seems like hammys were the big knock on him, but you can't help getting excited at that assessment! Booming left foot sounds nice for the backline.

I have a feeling Ed Pascoe was pretty happy with himself when he used “Eyre” and “Eye” in the same sentence.

Hopefully Smith
Would like to bring in another quality young mid but I don’t think we have the capital after trading our first
Interested to see which young forward drafted in 2023 might be looking to return to Vic

Hopefully Smith
Would like to bring in another quality young mid but I don’t think we have the capital after trading our first
Interested to see which young forward drafted in 2023 might be looking to return to Vic
Unless we tank it this year, this years first was never going to be the key piece to a trade anyway.

Still don’t understand how Schulz was worth that pick btw, when Gini’s production and prospects were higher.

Unless we tank it this year, this years first was never going to be the key piece to a trade anyway.

Still don’t understand how Schulz was worth that pick btw, when Gini’s production and prospects were higher.
Schultz stats are mostly elite brother. Ginni's are not.
True

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schultz stats are mostly elite brother. Ginni's are not.
True
true, but think we have to put into context. One that's been in the system for 5 years and 26 years old and one in his third year and age 20. I think give it a few more years then maybe we can compare the two. But prob unfair at this point.

true, but think we have to put into context. One that's been in the system for 5 years and 26 years old and one in his third year and age 20. I think give it a few more years then maybe we can compare the two. But prob unfair at this point.
His dropping of the legs style game has been stamped out in the AFL.
That was his elite trait.
I doubt he will ever get to Schultz type numbers. Tackling, chasing, marking.
Remains to be seen.

Remains to be seen.
His pressure was better last year, so that's something he can improve on with more pre-seasons as he builds up physically and gets fitter. So it'll be an interesting watch to see what player he'll be in say 5 years time. When know what he can be like when his confidence is up. So if he can get back to 30+ goals a year and terrorise the opposition, that'll be a win for him. Just keep improving his skills as he gets older.

Goals per game isn’t the only metric of a players production.
Schultz has Ginni covered in pretty much every other aspect of the game, and it’s debatable as to whether Ginni can reproduce his 2022 goal production at this point.

Remains to be seen.
He scored the bulk of his goals in 2022 after they stopped giving him free kicks, so that’s just unfair nonsense. The rest I agree with though.

Agree - but for some reason, the symbol of a "first rounder" seems to satisfy teams

Wishing we'd been able to trade up and grab Morris.

Hopefully we can trade/FA in a big name and another low-cost mid that transforms under McRae

Give we dont have a 1st this year, we'll have to go for low cost trades or/and FA that doesnt cost anything.
Of course can trade our next years first, but would you two years in a row? Not sure.

We did it a lot between 2010 - 2020

He scored the bulk of his goals in 2022 after they stopped giving him free kicks, so that’s just unfair nonsense. The rest I agree with though.
No nonsense from me at all.
Shultz also scored plenty of goals whilst chasing, tackling and marking.
Ginni is not in the same stratosphere as him and never will be.

No nonsense from me at all.
Shultz also scored plenty of goals whilst chasing, tackling and marking.
Ginni is not in the same stratosphere as him and never will be.
I’m not arguing with the latter, but yes, the dropping his legs being an elite trait was nonsense. He performed in 2022 even after he stopped getting free kicks. If you want to ignore that it’s your prerogative, but don’t act like free kicks were his only avenue to goal because they weren’t.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back