List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm with L24 in that to me Reef's best chance is in more of Elliott role. I just don't see him becoming an effective workhorse in packs for a KPF role like Checkers plays. Whereas a lead up target with an allround game like Elliott seems more attainable.
You might be right in that

TBH, I don’t see him anything like Checkers or Billy

If we could use him as collateral to grab another young gun mid, I’d be down with that and re-shape our forward line in other ways
(I’m still dark on Logan Morris)

He's a cowboy, on a steel horse he rides and he's wanted, dead or alive
And I've been wrong, I've been down
Been to the bottom of every bottle
These five words in my head
Scream, "Are we havin' fun yet?"

Luke Parker is 32 in October. Stats for 2023 below. If Mitchell can't come back from his injury Parker might be an astute pick up as a big bodied, experienced clearance mid. Is he an upgrade on Macrae?
Screenshot_20240625-185540.png

Luke Parker is 32 in October. Stats for 2023 below. If Mitchell can't come back from his injury Parker might be an astute pick up as a big bodied, experienced clearance mid. Is he an upgrade on Macrae?
View attachment 2030094
I wouldn't think we would get someone already older than Mitchell. The last thing we need is more 30+ players.

View attachment 2030094
Why would we get rid of adams only to replace him with a player a year older that adams forced out of the 22

If he can chop out ruck at 34, it’s not absurd to suggest he can do it at 35

Racist history whereby it was one incident three years ago and he paid the price? Big deal
He averages 4.8 ruck contests per game. 7th on the Adelaide list alone, for per game averages (muddled by injury, but nonetheless - he doesn't chop out much).

His rucking contribution this season has been identical to Frampton... being quite poor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tex isn't a racist. Hes more of a dumb, ignorant boofhead at times. Still shits over blokes like May when it comes to likeability though

If May entered a German cave and emerged into 1986, he’d grow up into Robbo by 2019, media job and all.

And I've been wrong, I've been down
Been to the bottom of every bottle
These five words in my head
Scream, "Are we havin' fun yet?"

If you got a hunger for what you see
You'll take it eventually
You can have anything you want
But you better not take it from me

In the jungle
Welcome to the jungle
Watch it bring you to your
Sha-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-knees, knees

Agreed. What's with this latest obsession some seem to have with recruiting even older players to replace some of our older players .. ?
They’re concerned that we may run out of older players and there’d be no one to put forward as needing a rest.

If you got a hunger for what you see
You'll take it eventually
You can have anything you want
But you better not take it from me

In the jungle
Welcome to the jungle
Watch it bring you to your
Sha-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-knees, knees
Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don't think that I can take it
'Cause it took so long to bake it
And I'll never have that recipe again

This is wishful thinking on your part. No player is going to upend their life and family and move interstate for a one year deal. If he’s going to do all that it will be for a two year deal minimum, otherwise he’d be better off staying a one club player and moving in to a media role in Adelaide.

Heaps in other jobs do for the experience. I've done so multiple times - admittedly they've all been 2 year deals, but I would have done 1.

This wont come as a surprise, but on Mid-week Tackle, it was mentioned we have cooled on Bailey Smith.

Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don't think that I can take it
'Cause it took so long to bake it
And I'll never have that recipe again

Prefer Weird Al’s Jurassic Park;

Someone shut the fence off in the rain
I admit it's kinda eerie
But this proves my chaos theory
And I don't think I'll be coming back again

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad