List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Stiff competition Draper and Jackson…

The most valid question would be are we playing him as a ruck forward simply because we don’t have a viable alternative? Or is that our structure? Give me a Chol, Blicavs, Thilthorpe, McLean or Darcy every day of the week. Maybe that’s Condon in time, but the best path forward I can see would be Smit coming on super quick (best 23 relevant by 2026) to allow Cameron to play more forward because there doesn’t seem an obvious option out there aside from Lobb who is a stop gap anyway.
I think our forward line is our strength at the moment even with Checkers out and wouldn't go any stop gaps. Get a kid for the future as the talls are getting on.

Our wings and back flankers have gone from a strength to a weakness. Sidey and whe are playing different roles, Markov was awful, Noble hit and miss, Lippa struggling. That's what id be targetting in terms of recruiting from other clubs for the short term.

Last edited:
I wonder if we could trade:

Our future 2nd

For

Will Phillips & North’s future 3rd.

Pick upgrade for North.

I’d also love Charlie Lazzaro. Both out of contract this year. Would just give up our future 2nd for both.

Okay with losing Fin & Reef even to get Will & Lazzaro. Sets our midfield up for a while.

I think our forward line is our strength at the moment even with Checkers out and wouldn't go any stop gaps. Get a kid for the future as the talls are getting on.

Our wings and back flankers have gone from a strength to a weakness. Sidey and whe are playing different roles, Markov was awful, Noble hit and miss, Lippa struggling. That's what id be targetting in terms of recruiting from other clubs
Agreed in terms of the core list need. It’s led Hawthorn’s resurgence with Impey, Hardwick, MacDonald, D’Ambrosio, Amon, Scrimshaw, Weddle, CJ and Moore a clear league best, but if instead of investing 4 list spots into vanilla midfield options a few flank options and a genuine ruck/ fwd or fwd/ ruck option appeals to me. Hawthorn are the prototype of how quickly the wheel can turn if say a Demattia and Richards click it changes the shape of our mix. It took the Hawks 50 matches though…

The frustration of our group currently for me is with Lipinski and Noble. Unfortunately for whatever reason Lipinski remains an almost player when for a large chunk of the first half of the season he was alongside Naicos as our only top 100 rated player league wide. Noble can have periods like late last night where he looks a borderline AA talent, but then is beaten all ends up by Lohman at stages and commits horrible ball handling or overcommitting errors.

Forward line definitely our strongest at the moment because our small forward group is league best, IMO.

Could we potentially get Sydney’s two first rounders for our F1?

Could we then use one of them for Bailey Smith?

Geelong have pick 15 at the moment. I’m guessing that is what they will offer the Bulldogs- don’t think they have much else to offer player wise or pick wise

Could we potentially get Sydney’s two first rounders for our F1?

Could we then use one of them for Bailey Smith?

Geelong have pick 15 at the moment. I’m guessing that is what they will offer the Bulldogs- don’t think they have much else to offer player wise or pick wise
Do it if they're interested. But take them to the draft and then trade our Hawthorn second for a player - obviously wouldn't get Smith.

Last edited:
2MP is available, interesting prospect.
Essendrug gave him a pretty high amount on his contract after winning their b&f. Still has a couple of years left on that deal.

I wonder if it Richards to port is linked to Miles Bergman, kind of feel like Bergman could play mid

If we get Bergman, play him half back. Beautiful kick, great rebounder and plays taller than he is. Great Murphy replacement
Personally I can’t see that happening, but would jump at the chance if it was possible

If Wright wants out of Essendon, that reflects very poorly on him. It’s his fault he’s not in the side. Much like Cloke in 2016.

If the Bombers want to dump him (wouldn’t make sense as they don’t need the cap space and he’s depth in two positions) then he’d be of interest if very cheap.

With Markov being a train wreck this year, Sidey playing in the middle and WHE up forward, the cupboards bare in terms of flankers.

I'm hoping Richards comes in and plays wing for Bytel, but Lippa is still safe.
I’m hoping IQ plays wing - his power and aggression is lacking in both Bytel and Richards. We then need to find a HB, and the way Ryan has bounced back, he’s the logical choice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At what price? I don’t think he’s worth more than 300k per year. He’s decoy, softz
Averaged 2.4 goals a game in 2022, 1.9 in 23.

Average wage is pushing closer to 500k.

Think you are slightly undervaluing him 😂.

He’s ha a down season, but his previous 2 were very good. Harry Mackay had a poor season last year, excellent this season.

Things can turn.

I oscillate between he's got to be replaced to he's a really valuable player. He's taking a lot of contested marks. If you value the ruck part of the role, no other ruck around is as dangerous a forward half mark as Cox.
Love the choice of words in your description. "Oscillate". I would have gone with ambivalent but that doesn't quite explain it like Oscillate. Anyway, Cox is a very handy ruckman who we can get another good year out of

Averaged 2.4 goals a game in 2022, 1.9 in 23.

Average wage is pushing closer to 500k.

Think you are slightly undervaluing him 😂.

He’s ha a down season, but his previous 2 were very good. Harry Mackay had a poor season last year, excellent this season.

Things can turn.
He would be our third best tall forward…I don’t know that we can afford the cap space to pay him more than Checkers. Don’t think it’s fair either.

In my view big bucks are best spent on midfielders. We have some massive holes to fill, and actually it’s diabolical that we are still relying on Pendles and Sidey. Deport injury prone and getting close to 30, Crisp another.

Cox outside structure has been poor to average at best. He just doesn’t get to enough contests imo.

Obvs he is the best option we have but really need to recruit/draft a quality replacement.
I’m still hoping Condon makes the call to come home at the end of the year.

He would be our third best tall forward…I don’t know that we can afford the cap space to pay him more than Checkers. Don’t think it’s fair either.

In my view big bucks are best spent on midfielders. We have some massive holes to fill, and actually it’s diabolical that we are still relying on Pendles and Sidey. Deport injury prone and getting close to 30, Crisp another.
Wrights 2022 was head and shoulders better than anything McStay or Checkers have produced across their careers. Saying he’d be our 3rd best tall is nonsense.
His 2023 and 2024 have been impacted heavily by injury which I suspect has affected his form too. He’d be a huge upgrade on Cox as it stands in regards to forward craft.

I think Mason is reaching the end, and, not sure about what the pies are doing structurally to create it, but whoever replaces him needs to allow Cameron to keep doing what he's doing with defensive interceptions because he's been elite this year.
Moore could have a change of role to ruck/ forward and add quite a dynamic presence to the team

Wrights 2022 was head and shoulders better than anything McStay or Checkers have produced across their careers. Saying he’d be our 3rd best tall is nonsense.
His 2023 and 2024 have been impacted heavily by injury which I suspect has affected his form too. He’d be a huge upgrade on Cox as it stands in regards to forward craft.
Massive Collingwood supporter too

If he were gettable that would add a really interesting dynamic to our forward group because he has McStay and Cox covered and is only 27. I’m not sure he’s fallen that far back though that he’d be keen to move.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back