List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Would we be looking at Caleb Daniel?
Hope not, no more "short" people thanks. We have Schultz and that's enough. Nobody comes in under 183cm, I demand 6ft as a minimum height requirement. Unless the player has a strong 1-wood to make up for it, like Elliott who has a leap to compensate. Daniel is purely a ground level sweeper, doesn't do much else. He, like JFN last year for us will be missing from the Dog finals campaign I would say, if they are serious about winning a flag.

Bloke at work just told me his brother saw Leppa, Pendles, Darcy Moore and Petracca at a cafe having a meeting on Sunday! That would be our new list manager Leppa.

I Hope Please GIF

Bloke at work just told me his brother saw Leppa, Pendles, Darcy Moore and Petracca at a cafe having a meeting on Sunday! That would be our new list manager Leppa.
I like it, good enough for me! Welcome to Collingwood Christian Petracca....start the thread.

I wouldn't touch Lynch with a barge pole - Richmond would have to give us a first round pick for us to take him off their hands.

It's a strange expression that has always flumoxxed me. Barge poles are used to push the boat away from the thing you want to avoid - so with your view, you'd be better off touching him with a barge pole to keep us away from him.

Was in Derrimut somewhere - a small shopping strip or something so a bit off the beaten track. Anyway, hopefully something good comes of that!

That clinches it. Derrimut is notorious as the place to go to recruit disgruntled bloke who you nearly killed a few months ago. Pretty sure that was in Underbelly.

My two cents on the discussion:

Christian Petracca, 29 yo and coming off what sounds like a life threatening injury. Much as I love the romanticism of a Pies barracker coming to the club, the best 10 years of his footy are behind him and I can't see him being an equally good player (let alone better) over the next 4-5 years, so no thanks but Melbourne can keep him or some other club can go mad and pay the world for him.

Tom Lynch, 31/32? and coming off two years of playing f*** all footy, has previously picked Richmond over the Pies, AND he will cost 1.5m a year?? no thanks. If Pies are playing 1.5m a year to a key forward, I want their name to be Ben King, Charlie Curnow or Josh Treacy

Similar sentiments with Bailey Smith coming off a knee reco... albeit from all reports he's not headed our way anyway

I honestly feel that our best bets this trade season would be to pick up key position role players who won't cost a bomb in terms of salary or draft capital. If Barrass is locked into Hawthorn, they don't need Battle do they? Why not chase him to plug the gap that Murph's retirement has created

Then maybe a solid midfielder who is starved of opportunities at their current club, e.g. Alex Davies at GC or one of the boys from the Giants. If they aren't getting picked in the As regularly, they can't have huge price tags put on them by their club

As for key forward, I do think we need one (maybe more). But our currently forward line with Checkers and McStay and a bevy of smalls at their feet is capable enough of kicking winning scores more often than not. I would rather we hold for a year and then get a genuine A-grader who is <25 and will play the next 10 years for the Pies

Noble and our first pick for either their pick 20/26 or for Lukosius?

It’s not like Hine will do anything decent with that first pick

Then try find a way to turn pick 20 (if we got it) into a pick in the teens.

Send that pick into Melbourne with Ash Johnson and Krueger for Petracca.

Just spitballing here

I’m not a massive fan of Lukosius. But if all it’s costing us is Noble then I’m all for it and would hope we can somehow unlock his talent/agro.

I’d also much prefer it to chasing Lynch.

Not sure it would cost a great deal more than Noble either with a fairly hefty contract attached to Lukosius.

Hope not, no more "short" people thanks. We have Schultz and that's enough. Nobody comes in under 183cm, I demand 6ft as a minimum height requirement. Unless the player has a strong 1-wood to make up for it, like Elliott who has a leap to compensate. Daniel is purely a ground level sweeper, doesn't do much else. He, like JFN last year for us will be missing from the Dog finals campaign I would say, if they are serious about winning a flag.

1724725815629.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That clinches it. Derrimut is notorious as the place to go to recruit disgruntled bloke who you nearly killed a few months ago. Pretty sure that was in Underbelly.
leppa was seen pointing at Darcy saying saying to trac “it would be unfortunate if there were any more accidents “.

I wouldn't mind us going after Isaac Cumming, would be a good replacement for Noble down back. He's probably off to Port though.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back