List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

On the bolded I call bullshit. They were writing articles early in the year that we would have a war chest to go hard at free agency etc with, now we can’t handle a single high salary when we don’t even have any $1m players on the books yet?
My understanding is at the time there was thought to be retirements of some of the older brigade which would have opened up some cap space. They are all going around again so there goes that idea I guess?

He told them to leave some money on the table if they want flags.
Motivating Native American GIF

My understanding is at the time there was thought to be retirements of some of the older brigade which would have opened up some cap space. They are all going around again so there goes that idea I guess?
I seriously doubt we’ve given our older brigade on 1 year deals the kind of money that would negatively affect the salary cap to that extent.

I seriously doubt we’ve given our older brigade on 1 year deals the kind of money that would negatively affect the salary cap to that extent.
Steele said his Mrs has gone back to work to pay for their renos, I think jokingly in response to when he confirmed that he is going around again after the game.

Maybe a clue the new deal is a fair bit leaner though.

On the bolded I call bullshit. They were writing articles early in the year that we would have a war chest to go hard at free agency etc with, now we can’t handle a single high salary when we don’t even have any $1m players on the books yet?
The writing earlier this year was on the basis of half of our 9+ 30 year olds retiring this year and some more next year also with Treloars salary also ending. However with no retirements it is reported that we are once again have a fairly limited salary cap. Either our salary cap is ****ed after years of kicking the can down the road or someone is hoarding a big pile of cash

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The writing earlier this year was on the basis of half of our 9+ 30 year olds retiring this year and some more next year also with Treloars salary also ending. However with no retirements it is reported that we are once again have a fairly limited salary cap. Either our salary cap is ****ed after years of kicking the can down the road or someone is hoarding a big pile of cash

They offered a big deal to JUH this year that was close to Sydney offered...The cap is not limited...

Gives me the shits every year hearing teams like Carlton that throw around 7 year/$900,000 contracts to every campaigner seemingly have cash to spare and we're forever maxed out
Maybe this is why we overpay at trades as we don't have the real money to compete at FA. Our salary cap has been reported to have been crap for the past 20 years paying NQRS exorbitant $$$ and rolling their contracts over when we should be delisted. I can't remember the last high priced recruit that we got in. Can anybody?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back