List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like making it work at Collingwood is where Richards wants to be, it’s probably about understanding where he could actually play in terms of spots wise. Is it wing?

He’s from country Vic, would want his family to be able to drive to games and watch him. Port don’t have that luxury for him.
The perfect replacement for JN off the HB line is my suggestion, we are fine with small/medium forwards ATM.
Very good run and carry, uses it beautifully.
Richards & Naicos as HB's 😍.
IQ play on a wing with Beau on the other.

Our doctors pull everyone off
Unlike Geelong whose players can recover from concussion With a Panadol
Do we pay extra for that? Would it be included in the soft cap or hard cap? Or the soft cap and then the hard cap?

Some guy on SEN just said Brand Petracca's entire family are mad Collingwood supporters and the family influence will be strong and it would be Brand Petracca's dream to pull on the black & white. This along with the Derrimut cafe meeting is enough evidence to call it.

Welcome to Collingwood Christian Petracca.

Under your scenario, MFC will have to cave in and meekly trade Petracca for significant unders.

Now, put yourself in MFC Board and Footy Dept shoes - how do they possibly explain and sell that to their members and supporters? They would all have to tender their resignations.

It ain’t gonna happen. At least one club - I predict Richmond (or Essendon) - will offer two first rounders and Petracca and MFC will agree to it, to bring this sordid affair to an end in a face-saving way.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It would be like Collingwood 2020 trade time again. I was spewing.

Last edited:
Would Tim Membrey be worth a look if he parts ways with the Stains?

Not quite what we need size-wise as a KPF, but he has always struck me as a smart third tall forward who can get out on the lead, is good in the air and converts his shots on goal at a good clip, similar to what Howe has done for us on the occasions when he has been shifted forward.
I like Membrey. I think he suits our style of a more mobile forward line. With the ball pinging around he only needs half a metre and he knows where to be.

Hi Sidey, I get your point but it has me wonering if there is any legal point to having doctors there in the first place. I know it's a good look, but is that it, the look?
Nah, let's get rid of em. All we need is someone to make sure that when players are stretchered off the cart goes through the interchange lines so we can put 'em back on when they wake up.

Hi Sidey, I get your point but it has me wonering if there is any legal point to having doctors there in the first place. I know it's a good look, but is that it, the look?
Why does there even need to be a legal reason for having a doctor? Aren’t medical reasons enough?

Watching Gettable this morning, it's dawned on me Richards has the same manager as Ginni..

He said that today is whacky wednesday, but they'll sit down in a couple days and have a chat about his next decision. Said it'll be making a smart decision given he is almost 25. As he'll need to make the best decision or him as its really important at this stage of his career.
So his manager is a prick then

I like Membrey. I think he suits our style of a more mobile forward line. With the ball pinging around he only needs half a metre and he knows where to be.
Hmmm....probably not the best idea to look at St. Kilda for top up players. Mental scares are real. His goal kicking under pressure is poor at best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Under your scenario, MFC will have to cave in and meekly trade Petracca for significant unders.

Now, put yourself in MFC Board and Footy Dept shoes - how do they possibly explain and sell that to their members and supporters? They would all have to tender their resignations.

It ain’t gonna happen. At least one club - I predict Richmond (or Essendon) - will offer two first rounders and Petracca and MFC will agree to it, to bring this sordid affair to an end in a face-saving way.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think you underestimate the power of what GPC has stated.
IMHO there certainly could be a case for Petracca saying to MFC (and the AFL), if you want to avoid all this shit, I want to go to the pies, so make it happen.

Some guy on SEN just said Brand Petracca's entire family are mad Collingwood supporters and the family influence will be strong and it would be Brand Petracca's dream to pull on the black & white. This along with the Derrimut cafe meeting is enough evidence to call it.

Welcome to Collingwood Christian Petracca.

Apparently Petracca's dad still has pictures of Peter Daicos on the wall at home!!!

I think you’re correct but it ends up with the soft cap, if it is for medical reasons.
So it starts in the soft cap, then gets in the hard cap and then goes to the soft cap again?

Got it.

Petracca is an upgrade over both De Goey and Mitchell, especially the latter. I would think the logic of going after a mid in their prime when we have several ageing midfielders would be obvious.
This is where I have serious reservations about CP. he is 29 years old AND has just been through a near death injury. Hope he bounces back to still be a pretty bloody good player… but is he “in his prime” any more?

Sam McClure on the Tradies podcast this morning said he thinks Adam Tomlinson will be at Collingwood next year.

Mitch Cleary responded saying he has heard Pies and Saints are the two that are interested.

So he won't be at Collingwood next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back