List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

A comparison to Dusty after the injury is fair. He never returned to the same level he was, and his injury occurred when he was around 28/29 as well. I don't think paying what the Demons would want is worth the risk, particularly with his contract.
Dusty also lost his Dad later that year. I think that had as much impact on his footy as the injury. He also generally didn't get out of 2nd gear until finals, which the Tigers dropped out of at the same time.

Still a pick above 35. Richards obviously 40s. Maynard is teens.
We got more for a uncontracted Paul Seedsman than that when we traded him to Adelaide and he wasn’t even best 22 at that point. Noble has been offered a long term contract by GC while he’s under contract, he’s best 22, we don’t particularly want to lose him, yet he’s only worth an end of second round pick?

Spare me…

That's what I think too. Richards has a decision to make. The others are hoping for an offer from any club and we'll make final decisions on them after we see where we're at post trade week.
Due to the exodus, it’s possible the tigers are going to be in the market for mature players on top of the myriad of first round selections they have and will have On this basis there may an opportunity for some clubs to obtain second and third round picks in exchange for players surplus to requirements.

There's a positive to every negative, they are going to disrupt their magic that is their now. Who's going to be disgruntled in their backline? Who are their mates? I hope it's Ginni, we know what he can do 😂
Sorry Jen if you still like him. I did too at one stage.

I know some Hawk fans who were bullish about James Blanck - who did his knee and missed this year. Might be gettable with these additions - is he worth targetting?

The scariest part about bringing in Trac is that contract.

It's a monster and it's goes until he is 35 years old.

Yeah but they have a lot to do with appointing the next footy director, or providing direction whilst a position is vacant.
True. Good thing that our President and CEO are still there, currently in the process of appointing a new GM of footy.

The scariest part about bringing in Trac is that contract.

It's a monster and it's goes until he is 35 years old.
That's the only thing I don't like about this trade. If he drops out, we're stuck with a monster contract.
We've just got out of that debacle, well almost.

That's the only thing I don't like about this trade. If he drops out, we're stuck with a monster contract.
We've just got out of that debacle, well almost.
Stars get both big and long contracts - clubs just have to take those risks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s probably an unpopular opinion, but I’m happy to trade Richards for a good draft pick.
Likewise. Physically, he’s a very little dude. He can add strength but he won’t add genuine size. I think there’s a cap on how good he can get - if he continues to develop and becomes a threatening player, a large number of decent defenders should be able to block his strengths.

It’s not uncommon for a player of his ilk to come in and have a good impact when nobody is really putting the work into him to shut him down.

Port’s 2nd round pick could come in handy at the draft.

Doesn't matter if it's unpopular - all good.

Is it because you don't rate Richards?

What pick would be acceptable? And would you take that pick to the draft or used it as part of another deal?
For me his age is a consideration. He’s 25 and not in our best 22 at the moment.
He popped up a few times in a few games, will he get better or stay the same, who knows?
If we can get a late 2nd for him I’d be happy.
We will need points next year again for McGuane.
A future 2nd maybe?

One of the most astute acquisitions of any club in recent years for me is St Kilda picking up Mason Wood as a DFA. Fantastic marking winger with great forward craft. Would dream for our club to find somebody similar for dirt cheap, otherwise a winger is a clear need at the draft

Stars get both big and long contracts - clubs just have to take those risks.
That's true, it just makes me uncomfortable but also a little excited because it's Trac and to save him from those demons would feel great. I'm torn between my head and my heart, it's frustrating.

Likewise. Physically, he’s a very little dude. He can add strength but he won’t add genuine size. I think there’s a cap on how good he can get - if he continues to develop and becomes a threatening player, a large number of decent defenders should be able to block his strengths.
Err, so is Tyson Stengle, Bobby Hill and Nick Watson? Small players need other strengths such speed and good forward craft, both of which Richards has.

It’s not uncommon for a player of his ilk to come in and have a good impact when nobody is really putting the work into him to shut him down.

Port’s 2nd round pick could come in handy at the draft.
Slightly bigger than the games record holder.

Yep. I’d probably back Petracca to play good footy for those 5 years as his preparation etc is more Pendles like than Dusty like, but expecting him to have Pendles or even Steele like longevity is still very optimistic.

That preparation thing about Dusty is/was a complete furphy.

It has been stated over and over again by teammates and coaches alike that he was meticulous in his rehab from injuries and was pretty much the best trainer at the club.

Dusty wasn’t Gary Ablett Snr in his approach. It just seems to be something people have picked up and ran with since the cliff came so quickly for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back