List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

You mean a fair price for the best pressure forward in the league who was a pre-agent at the time? I think the fact that Petracca about faced so quickly is a good indicator of the type of deal it takes to get the biggest trade in history done. Petracca alongside Naicos and JDG is a mix that would be unrivalled league wide and is the type of mix that tips a club over the edge in a close competition. The fear mongering of people looking backwards not forwards isn’t enough to dissuade me of my faith in the list.
You think pick 10 and pick 34 was a fair trade? That trade price raised eyebrows across the entire league including most of the media types who usually push for a lopsided result against Collingwood, and that was in 2023 when everyone assumed the first rounder would be a pick in the late teens.

Regardless of that though, 3 first rounders for Petracca next year just isn’t on imo, and if that’s what they’re asking then I’d rather he go to Carlton and bust their cap up.

You think pick 10 and pick 34 was a fair trade? That trade price raised eyebrows across the entire league including most of the media types who usually push for a lopsided result against Collingwood, and that was in 2023 when everyone assumed the first rounder would be a pick in the late teens.

Regardless of that though, 3 first rounders for Petracca next year just isn’t on imo, and if that’s what they’re asking then I’d rather he go to Carlton and bust their cap up.
Yeah absolutely. Lachie Schultz will play 120-150 matches for Collingwood and probably kick circa 150-200 goals all whilst being a ridiculously strong overhead mark, capable of playing numerous roles in a forward group and the cherry on top his elite defensive game.

I’d be surprised if the 11th or 12th pick in this draft gets to that level. The problem the industry and supporters have is the obsession with a winning trade which is what we’d have had with a strong finish in 2025. It’s certainly not in the realm of the Callaghan trade which is what I would reserve a label of arrogance for if anyone claimed that a good deal.

To reiterate 3 1sts as an offer would depend on the strength of the 2025 1st. If that were ahead of a McGuane bid and he looked the goods I’d err towards not going hell for leather, but a pick that’s likely to fall after a bid I would be fine including in a 3 1st Rd pick deal for a top 5 in the game mid.

2 metre Peter or too injured Tom
There’s a few on here that seem to want Tom Lynch. I’ve gained a few dislikes.
Clearly they are happy for the Pies to part with a high draft pick for him. No thanks.
The Tigers don’t have a cap problem. In fact, they’ll have heaps of cap space after half their team departs and they will desperately want picks. They’ll happily pay all or most of his wage if it means getting a high draft pick they can use for their rebuild. Someone the other day referred to this as a reverse salary dump. And that’s correct.
Meanwhile, we need to be very astute with how we use the picks we currently have, and any we receive from trading players.

Seems like the club wants a handover for the presidency next year when roffey is at the end of her term.
Has the stoush with the previous president (Bartlett?) been resolved or is it still simmering?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn’t mean it was the right pick, Jen. Cowan was more credentialed, just looked to have more AFL potential. But Derek went with more of a smoky…
When recruiters and list managers fall for a player, they are pretty stick.
And Dekka always goes on his best available list as we know. For whatever reason or another, dekka and fly wanted Ryan. Whether it was rightly or wrongly doesn't matter now, we can just hope he can live up to what they imagined when picking him.

Has the stoush with the previous president (Bartlett?) been resolved or is it still simmering?
Still simmering I believe, this was from August, 2024.

The potentially scandalous defamation claim launched by former Melbourne president Glen Bartlett against the leaders of the club can go ahead in the Federal Court — but only in Victoria.

You're overstating how much difference there is between pick 10 and 15-18.

Still simmering I believe, this was from August, 2024.

The potentially scandalous defamation claim launched by former Melbourne president Glen Bartlett against the leaders of the club can go ahead in the Federal Court — but only in Victoria.
Geez. Melbourne Football Club.
They’ve officially transgendered from a AFL football club to a daytime soap opera.
It must be infuriating for Melbourne FC members.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back