List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez. Melbourne Football Club.
They’ve officially transgendered from a AFL football club to a daytime soap opera.
It must be infuriating for Melbourne FC members.
It really is, isn't it? I guess that might be why they're hesitant in moving on people like Roffey, Pert & Goodwin.. could be inviting even more legal issues.

When recruiters and list managers fall for a player, they are pretty stick.
And Dekka always goes on his best available list as we know. For whatever reason or another, dekka and fly wanted Ryan. Whether it was rightly or wrongly doesn't matter now, we can just hope he can live up to what they imagined when picking him.
Well I think it does matter. Recruiters are hired / retained amd paid to pick good players. If you have more misses than hits, you need to be replaced. Derek hasn’t had an amazing record with actual national draft picks for a while now. He’s about at retirement age anyway, but clubs like Geelong, Hawthorn and Sydney are the benchmark when it comes to drafting. And we need to catch up…

Well I think it does matter. Recruiters are hired / retained amd paid to pick good players. If you have more misses than hits, you need to be replaced. Derek hasn’t had an amazing record with actual national draft picks for a while now. He’s about at retirement age anyway, but clubs like Geelong, Hawthorn and Sydney are the benchmark when it comes to drafting. And we need to catch up…
Maybe you should apply.

I think this draft will be his last.
But can't go wrong with this years draft, they're all pretty good from 1-40

Fair question.

Who is available - that part I am not sure.

I think Thilthorpe has signed on but since his return from injury, he looks like a new player. Been super impressed.

I mentioned it previously but the Dogs are stacked with talls. Is there someone in their VFL system who is genuine not getting a game because superstars are ahead of him? If I was a recruiter that is the club I would be sniffing around. Might be able to shake one free.

Hayden Maclean is another - local boy. Used to be a big fan of his, mainly because of his work ethic. Not sure how he has performed this season but it's seems like McDonald will be the main man with Amartey.

And the other player who is not a forward but I would love at Collingwood is Hinge from Adelaide.
I'm a fan of MHinge.

He was an emergency for the last 2 games of the year? I look up his name in the VFL team and he is there?

So yes he is a VFL player?
He is no more a VFL player than the forward you’re suggesting we look for in the WB VFL team - who’s behind their Superstars.
2MP has been dumped in favour of Caddy - who the Bombers believe is a Superstar.

I can't believe it's still 6 weeks until the trade period begins and what 700 pages and counting.......

So far what we know
  • The Petracca pipe dream vanished up its own backside faster than a rat up a drainpipe - was amusing for a few weeks
  • Stringer anyone - yuk. I just can't stand the guy
  • 2MP - hmm not convinced he will look good in a black and white guernsey.
  • Hobbs from bombers - bit vanilla for me
  • Tom Lynch - played what 4 games in 2 years and still getting paid a $million a year - surely not?
  • Peatling from GWS looks a good prospect - be very keen but plenty of other suitors
  • Davis from Suns - maybe as part of a JNN trade.
  • Keane - back to the future - hopefully we dont over pay
On the way out JFN - sad to see him go but consensus is statistically he is every bit as good as Rioli where speculation has it that he is worth pick 6 and some more, but our JFN only a bit of loose change. I hope we play hard ball and get a decent pick for him.

Richards - like to keep but he would be mad to stay if he is getting 3 years +1 at Port. We must maximise the trade value and get back into the first round.

I think we might have to accept that not much is going to happen this trade period.
Everyone looks good in a black and white jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Syd - have the academies
Haw - have been bottom feeders for years accumulating talent.
Geel - have the same number of flags as Coll between 2010 -2023

Given Flags, Finals, PF and GF’s are the benchmark I don’t see evidence of superior drafting.

He is no more a VFL player than the forward you’re suggesting we look for in the WB VFL team - who’s behind their Superstars.
2MP has been dumped in favour of Caddy - who the Bombers believe is a Superstar.

The point is Naughton, Darcy and JUH are actual stars of the competition.

It's a bit different to being unable to get a game in Essendons forward line. Against the Swans at Marvel even Wiedemann got a game ahead of Wright.

The Bulldogs VFL team finished second and they won it least season? If there is no tall talent in their forward line then I stand corrected. But that would be my starting point.

Maybe as a last resort then 2MP might be worth a throw at the stumps.

Syd - have the academies
Haw - have been bottom feeders for years accumulating talent.
Geel - have the same number of flags as Coll between 2010 -2023

Given Flags, Finals, PF and GF’s are the benchmark I don’t see evidence of superior drafting.
I'd also say with Hawks quick rebuild, it has mostly come from players they've traded in from other clubs..ones that weren't appreciated & undervalued.

Cats seem to have a good eye for picking up younger players they can develop that no one else considered.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back