List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a delayed reaction maybe.
It was said in the age article that he had a chat to us as per due dilligence before he committed to staying at port.

That'd make sense. Visiting Alberton is a bit like getting concussion - reactions can be delayed.

Has 4 years left on his contract.
Port has a 2 first round picks on his head to pry him out.

Well they want Richards don't they?

Maybe Richards and a potential pick 20 from Gold Coast?

I dunno we really don't have much currency lol

because the sequel is always better than the original :)
Sorry couldn't help myself.

Normally i'd 100% agree with you and be all over this.
Especially in a 'stronger' draft.

But i don't recall there been as much player uncertainty as this year.
So if we feel there are options for us next year, then i'd probably hang onto it.
Plus we need to to understand the strength of next years draft (e.g. GC having another 4 academy players etc etc)

IF...and this is a massive IF......we can turn Noble into 13, then i'd do the deal.
Which sounds counter-intuitive.

It would allow us to use 13 & 18 and then sell off the "first pick of night 2" for a F1.
That would really set us up nicely and retain future capital to remain flexible next year.
I’d personally rather trade most of our picks into next year and the year after to stockpile currency to make being moves for when Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Howe and Mitchell retire.

If this years draft is as deep as everyone says then we’ll find players with later picks.

That'd make sense. Visiting Alberton is a bit like getting concussion - reactions can be delayed.
Was seated near some Port supporters at the MCG a few years back - unique units you could say (and these were the ones that travel)

Was seated near some Port supporters at the MCG a few years back - unique units you could say (and these were the ones that travel)
You could really make a name for yourself as a geneticist if you could isolate the genome and demonstrate that they are actually a sub-species.

I’d personally rather trade most of our picks into next year and the year after to stockpile currency to make being moves for when Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Howe and Mitchell retire.

If this years draft is as deep as everyone says then we’ll find players with later picks.
i'm on the fence here.
If the plan is to go to the draft to replace them, then that drafting needs to happen this year.

If the plan is to trade....then moving the picks works.

The problem is the 3 pick minimum.....So we'll need some draft picks of relative usefulness.
We don't have the luxury of rookie upgrades this year (as we've had in the past).

Hard not go get aroused by the idea of Dan Houston playing for us. We went from
1st in points scored starting from defensive 50 last year to 15th this year.

Would be like having 2 Nick Daicos’ - one in the guts and one creating at half back

i'm on the fence here.
If the plan is to go to the draft to replace them, then that drafting needs to happen this year.

The problem is the 3 pick minimum.....So we'll need some draft picks of relative usefulness.
We don't have the luxury of rookie upgrades this year (as we've had in the past).
You don't think we'll keep any rookies? Not even Dean?

You could really make a name for yourself as a geneticist if you could isolate the genome and demonstrate that they are actually a sub-species.
Deliverance Dueling Banjos GIF

i'm on the fence here.

You can upgrade a rookie, even before they have to be elevated.
We elevated Oscar from the rookie to senior list after 1 year.

Walsh from the Blosers had his lower back done with a microdiscectomy, it's not as simple as removing some disc. The surgeon cuts muscles, nerves, ligaments, fascia and tendons just to get to the verrtebrae. Some surgeons go through the stomach and move your innards to get to the spine. The body is not a fan of being pulled apart!
Surgeons don’t perform microdiscectomies via an abdominal approach. It would completely defeat the purpose of a minimally invasive procedure. Lumbar fusions, sure it’s an option (ALIF), as are PLIF and XLIF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i'm on the fence here.

might be a plan to delist & re-rookie (if still available) all of Reef, MaCrae & Kreuger /AJ to open up minimum 3 spots on the main list

Surgeons don’t perform microdiscectomies via an abdominal approach. It would completely defeat the purpose of a minimally invasive procedure. Lumbar fusions, sure it’s an option (ALIF), as are PLIF and XLIF.
Tell me about it, first time I went in via an abdominal approach I was operating on a mate. He was wired, I opened him up, blew his body all over the place. And he's layin' there and he's screamin', there's pieces of him all over me, just like--! like this. And I'm tryin' to pull em off you know? MY FRIEND IT'S ALL OVER ME! IT'S GOT BLOOD AND EVERYTHING! And I'm tryin' to hold him together I put him together his insides keep coming out, AND NOBODY WOULD HELP!! Nobody help me. He sayin' plea I wanna go home I wanna go home. He keeps callin' my name, I wanna go home Johnny, I wanna drive my Chevy. I said well WHY I can't find your legs. I can't find you legs.I can't get it out of my head. I dream of seven years. Everyday I have this. And sometimes I wake up and I dunno where I am. I don't talk to anybody. Sometimes a day--a week. I can't put it out of my mind...I can't.......

Tell me about it, first time I went in via an abdominal approach I was operating on a mate. He was wired, I opened him up, blew his body all over the place. And he's layin' there and he's screamin', there's pieces of him all over me, just like--! like this. And I'm tryin' to pull em off you know? MY FRIEND IT'S ALL OVER ME! IT'S GOT BLOOD AND EVERYTHING! And I'm tryin' to hold him together I put him together his insides keep coming out, AND NOBODY WOULD HELP!! Nobody help me. He sayin' plea I wanna go home I wanna go home. He keeps callin' my name, I wanna go home Johnny, I wanna drive my Chevy. I said well WHY I can't find your legs. I can't find you legs.I can't get it out of my head. I dream of seven years. Everyday I have this. And sometimes I wake up and I dunno where I am. I don't talk to anybody. Sometimes a day--a week. I can't put it out of my mind...I can't.......
So, what went all over you after you pulled him off?, sounds harrowing

Some people have just too much time on their hands!
It was you, Charley!

So I can expect the same after I trek down there for our AFLW game next month?

You don't think we'll keep any rookies? Not even Dean?

Not that we won't keep them, just that i don't see any that are worth upgrading to the main list.
If Keene comes, then he is further back.
Yet to see anything from dean that suggests he has a long career at the pies.

Probably a discussion for post Trade period when picks and spots are better known.

You can upgrade a rookie, even before they have to be elevated.
We elevated Oscar from the rookie to senior list after 1 year.
yeah i know. Just don't think there are any that i'd be happy with upgrading.

might be a plan to delist & re-rookie (if still available) all of Reef, MaCrae & Kreuger /AJ to open up minimum 3 spots on the main list
Wasn't referring to how we create the senior list spots.
Just that i don't see us having current rookies i'd be happy to upgrade this year.

But it's all a bit moot until trade plays out and we know what spots & picks we have etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back