List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Cornes suggested Houston would be elsewhere next year & wasn't convinced with his statement about staying.

I can picture him in a Blues jumper. He has a bit of a Blues head about him.
How do Carlton afford another big salary on their books. They've got a lot of high paid players

I don't think we'd want to revisit trading what turned out to be pick 2.
If we need to trade out our 2025 1st for points for McGuane, we can do it after we know what it is.
That's unless we can get a good deal for trading into this year's draft.

How do Carlton afford another big salary on their books. They've got a lot of high paid players
They'll need to shed someone.

Carlton get Houston
Collingwood get Weitering
Port get Richards

I'm pretty sure that would work.

Interesting (without actually reading the context of the article).

Would just about make Quaynor surplus to our needs. But even with Richards thrown in I daresay Port would want a fair bit. Unfortunately for the buyer's sake, he just made AA.
Quaynor a lock down defender. Houston a quarter back rebounder
Not sure why one makes the other redundant.
Very strange comment

Yeah 19 will be the first pick of night 2.
No matter where it ends up.

Also just realized that the Battle FA comp will probably come in before it anyway (assuming the talk is real)...which IMO makes it not as attractive to us.
So even if Swans win it and end up with 18/19....it will probably be 18/20.

But agree.
Ironically the latest pick is worth way more than the pick immediately before it.
I looked it up and it’ll be a night one pick based on last year’s precedent (Moir to Carlton with the final pick of Rd. 1), but more likely 23 at least based on prospective NGA/ FS bids and Battle compensation. A theoretical 16 & 23 alongside any compensation for Noble starts to look a healthy draft hand.

That’s click bait re Houston. I’d say our only hope is also going to go against us which is Davies joining us as GM of footy.

I don't think we'd want to revisit trading what turned out to be pick 2.
If we need to trade out our 2025 1st for points for McGuane, we can do it after we know what it is.
That's unless we can get a good deal for trading into this year's draft.
There’s no circumstance where we’d move that 1st for points towards McGuane with the players we’re likely to lose over the next 2 off-seasons.

If we can bring in pick 20 for Noble and trade in Keane and Peatling/Davies on the cheap, it will be a nice trade period for us.

The other real position of need we need to look at is a small defender/rebounder with the departure of Noble. I think we have some nice prospects on the list in this position (Parker/Ryan/TJ) but I don't think any of those 3 are ready to be a regular best 22 player. I think there could be merit in bringing in someone if we think they would be a best 22.

Could Caleb Daniel be a nice stop gap player who you can basically get for free?
How?. He is contracted for another 2 years reportedly for $700-750k. He may have wanted to move 2 months ago when he was in the VFL. But he is playing seniors and he was interviewed last week stating he isn't going anywhere. The dogs are building something special and he wants to be a part of it

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I looked it up and it’ll be a night one pick based on last year’s precedent (Moir to Carlton with the final pick of Rd. 1), but more likely 23 at least based on prospective NGA/ FS bids and Battle compensation. A theoretical 16 & 23 alongside any compensation for Noble starts to look a healthy draft hand.

That’s click bait re Houston. I’d say our only hope is also going to go against us which is Davies joining us as GM of footy.
Yeah I'd forgotten about the 2 extra picks for North.

As the Noble replacement?

Is he a RFA? FA?

Would pick 20 be enough in a potential deal? Assuming we could even pry Pick 20 out of Gold Coast
Has 4 years left on his contract.
Port has a 2 first round picks on his head to pry him out.

Quaynor a lock down defender. Houston a quarter back rebounder
Not sure why one makes the other redundant.
Very strange comment

He got swapped out to a wing and replaced by Josh Daicos. If you get Houston you put Daicos back to the wing and thus Quaynor can be made redundant.

Or... you simply replace Noble with Houston and hope Quaynor returns to 2023 form, keeping Josh Daicos on a wing.

As the Noble replacement?

Is he a RFA? FA?

Would pick 20 be enough in a potential deal? Assuming we could even pry Pick 20 out of Gold Coast

Houston would be a good get.

If we can mix Joe Richards in the trade that would work well. Give them Jakob Ryan and throw in the second rounder we get for Noble.

I can see why Carlton want him as apart from Saad they lack quality ball users off half back.

He got swapped out to a wing and replaced by Josh Daicos. If you get Houston you put Daicos back to the wing and thus Quaynor can be made redundant.

Or... you simply replace Noble with Houston and hope Quaynor returns to 2023 form, keeping Josh Daicos on a wing.
I don’t think IQ is in any danger of being replaced if we find room for Houston because he remains well ahead of Parker. At least not in 2024.

im not sure where this has all come from, was only on the radio a couple of days ago committing to staying at Port
Just a delayed reaction maybe.
It was said in the age article that he had a chat to us as per due dilligence before he committed to staying at port.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back