List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m neither here nor there with Cumberland because his issues look to me to be between the ears, but both Leppa and Fly coached him in the bubble so I’ll back their judgement over the BF masses. IMO, his skillset relative to cost offers much more than the likes of Long, Bytel and Sullivan. I also wouldn’t rule the move out as cover for Noble.
I think that scenario is simply dumping some VFL talent to bring in more VFL talent. If he is an upgrade on the likes of Long, Sullivan & Bytel, then it isn't by much.

Got a few Tigers mates. Yes, sadly so. But they reckon we can have him for free that’s the calibre of player they rate him as.

At least throw in a first round pick as a gesture of good will for us to unclog your list.
Agree. Not only is he a pretty average football player, he has a lot of brain fades during games.

Not sure he's got enough in the noggin to comprehend Fly's game plan.

Melbourne is a miserable place in winter!
Yep. But take it down a few more notches in a state with about 10% of the population. Not a lot happening.

The fact you had James Siciliy come out and say it’s very unappealing for young guys, it’s clear how enormous the challenge is going to be.

Last edited:
Trac is an excitable boy.

I agree.
Here in Istanbul the avg temp is slightly cooler than Melb in the winter and we get the occasional small amount of snow, however the cold in Melbourne seems to go straight through you.
Even though the winters here are slightly cooler it doesn't seem anywhere as cold as a Melbourne winter.
I only spent two weeks there in early April (gave the ANZAC crowds a miss), it was nice and brisk in the first week and then a wee bit humid in the second week.

Great city, can they afford a decent stadium? The Istanbul Wolves (grey and green jumper with crescents) would go OK, massive home ground advantage.

Got a few Tigers mates. Yes, sadly so. But they reckon we can have him for free that’s the calibre of player they rate him as.

At least throw in a first round pick as a gesture of good will for us to unclog your list.
So it would be a potato dump, rather than a salary dump.

I saw Petracca at a cafe with Craig McRae this morning. Not sure this one is over yet
Unless it was in Derrimut I’m not convinced you’re being truthful.

Edit: beaten to it by 16,000 other posters.

Last edited:
I agree.
Here in Istanbul the avg temp is slightly cooler than Melb in the winter and we get the occasional small amount of snow, however the cold in Melbourne seems to go straight through you.
Even though the winters here are slightly cooler it doesn't seem anywhere as cold as a Melbourne winter.
You wanna try -25 degrees Celsius in Baotou inner Mongolia, China. I worked there for 18 months. Mind you in winter there is little wind, and mostly a cloudless, desert blue sky. Need good sunnies with the blinding white snow.

You wanna try -25 degrees Celsius in Baotou inner Mongolia, China. I worked there for 18 months. Mind you in winter there is little wind, and mostly a cloudless, desert blue sky. Need good sunnies with the blinding white snow.
Sorry mate I don't want to one up you but I am going to.
I had a Chinese business partner and I visited China on quite a few occasions.
He was from Changchun in Northern China and it got to -35 at times.

Sorry mate I don't want to one up you but I am going to.
I had a Chinese business partner and I visited China on quite a few occasions.
He was from Changchun in Northern China and it got to -35 at times.
I did a Skype call with a mate who lived in Regina, Canada, years ago. It was Summer here and Winter there.
It was 39 here and -40 there...
79 degrees difference!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree.
You should try Constantinople: much better weather

Preferably would love a Geelong like Dynasty from next season.
A lot of retirements, but it also means a ton of cash available.

Key is to blood 3 to 4 young Pies next season as mentioned. And sign or trade for 2 to 3 players under 27 years old like Peatling and Davies.

I think that scenario is simply dumping some VFL talent to bring in more VFL talent. If he is an upgrade on the likes of Long, Sullivan & Bytel, then it isn't by much.
I'm ok with that. I'd treat SSP as depth and keep churning through them until you find someone likely to be more than depth.

I agree.
It's a combination of the wind and houses just aren't built for cold weather.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back