List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Indeed. But even as a small example, a wander through a kids cancer ward will make sport and new stadiums seem like a pretty unimportant matter when there’s not enough staff, equipment or help available for families and seeing those kids.
There are even things not available in this country because they are ‘cost prohibitive’.
But I understand budgeting needs and the development of society as a whole. Bit harsh to think people affected by that don’t see it as money that could be spent elsewhere though. Calling them DH’s is pretty offensive.
You obviously haven't met said DH's and you obviously think the greedy politicians care about our health. Do you live under a rock?

The money can't "disappear" - it might be reallocated..
There's not an infinite supply of money and the resources required to build the stadium.

Choices are required as to how best to allocate the scarce resources - the competing interests are all valid - is there a business case that establishes that the AFL stadium provides the best overall outcome for Tasmania compared to other possible projects?
"Money disappears" is just shortened to mean it goes back to where it came from and used for whatever. It won't be used for medical etc.

Tasmania is a miserable place in winter.
I think they are going to find it difficult to recruit non-Tasmania talent over the long term.

So many more appealing states to be in during winter for young guys.

I still think the appeal of Gold Coast/Brisbane will keep growing stronger. The transformation of the city of Brisbane over recent years has been unbelievable. Throw in the weather and it becomes very competitive in luring talent.
I used to hate the cold, ended up in QLD but now love the cold, go figure.
I agree, it will be an interesting watch to see how it goes. The cold is not much cooler than Melbourne except for a windy day when there's snow on the mountain, it just lasts longer. I grew up in Melbourne.
You acclimatise.

Tasmania is a miserable place in winter.
I think they are going to find it difficult to recruit non-Tasmania talent over the long term.

So many more appealing states to be in during winter for young guys.

I still think the appeal of Gold Coast/Brisbane will keep growing stronger. The transformation of the city of Brisbane over recent years has been unbelievable. Throw in the weather and it becomes very competitive in luring talent.
Melbourne is a miserable place in winter!

I agree that a redeveloped Blundstone seems a better choice. Also closer to the airport.

But the argument for the new stadium - setting aside the cost which admittedly is hard to set aside - is that it will be walking distance to the Hobart CBD, and part of a precinct which the state government wants to regenerate, with benefits to local businesses etc. So while it will cost the earth, there are expected to be related economic benefits which go beyond the initial employment benefits.

I’m sure one of our resident Big Footy Van Demonians will set me straight on this.

But I’m not an apologist for the new stadium. Why not upgrade Blundstone and let the new club settle in and develop, before committing $ to the new stadium?

The roof is a furphy.
Agree. The only thing with Blundstone is, too many houses around and not enough parking space. The community there would be in an uproar, they don't like the lights as it is. They also want a new stadium for attracting young ones with pretty, new shiny equipment etc to make them more comfortable.

God the way Ralph was talking about a few of our real average list cloggers you’d think we’d be playing tomorrow night! Sure it’s great that Kreuger is listed as a fwd ruck, but the problem is he’s not actually that good at either. It’s even worse for AJ who is just a spent force who isn’t competitive enough to bring that tremendous skillset of his with any consistency. At least the McInnes discussion was a little more realistic. Without having watched the segment it read as a means to get the names out there like Patrick Naish’s manager did a couple of years back.
Ralph is pitiful.

How about we send 2025 first, pick 32 and noble to gold coast and get pick 13, pick 26 and Davies in return
We shouldn't be trading a future first unless we're getting a player worth a top 5 pick in return, because at this point with our list profile, we have to consider a drop off is imminent.

I'm not saying that we don't be aggressive in making moves to improve the team, but I would just put a cap on what we're willing to trade out that doesn't include a future first round pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw Petracca at a cafe with Craig McRae this morning. Not sure this one is over yet
Were they at the same table or at opposite corners of the cafe? Did they look happy, furtive, sneaky or just relieved? Who paid?

Were they wearing camouflage? Was it Max Gawn's joint or our very own Murph's establishment?

Was Caro filming?

More details please

We shouldn't be trading a future first unless we're getting a player worth a top 5 pick in return, because at this point with our list profile, we have to consider a drop off is imminent.

I'm not saying that we don't be aggressive in making moves to improve the team, but I would just put a cap on what we're willing to trade out that doesn't include a future first round pick.

next year's first will be used on McGuane so better to swap it into this years draft.

Melbourne is a miserable place in winter!
I agree.
Here in Istanbul the avg temp is slightly cooler than Melb in the winter and we get the occasional small amount of snow, however the cold in Melbourne seems to go straight through you.
Even though the winters here are slightly cooler it doesn't seem anywhere as cold as a Melbourne winter.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back