List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

We had a lot of players in the 70's and 80's lacking talent, but their work rate and commitment were first rate. Unfortunately we had a few talented players in the 90s who thought that was enough

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
We just kept making finals and Grand finals in the &0s and 80's but alas, we kept on losing. We were very hard to beat at Victoria Park which I think, sometimes elevated us above our real ability

Great news. Leppa is all over it

Liverpool fc are very data driven when it comes to their recruiting. It can be super frustrating at times but it's generally pretty good.

It's about ability, age, right price etc super thorough with medical, onsell value eye wages.
They don't often spend huge money on a single player, they're measured in what they do and Liverpool very rarely get it wrong. When you consider what United & Chelsea are spending on players, with seemingly no thought process behind it other than "costs a lot, must be good", then Liverpool could be studied as a model on how to do it. I'm incredibly biased, of course.

They don't often spend huge money on a single player, they're measured in what they do and Liverpool very rarely get it wrong. When you consider what United & Chelsea are spending on players, with seemingly no thought process behind it other than "costs a lot, must be good", then Liverpool could be studied as a model on how to do it. I'm incredibly biased, of course.

Yeah, I am biased as well.

I don't think they are amazing owners as they are too driven by profit. But they are far from the worst.

If they properly backed Klopp we win at least another title and trophy.

I think Brighton is another club that does incredibly well in the transfer market.

But I do agree we nail most of our transfers and identity talent.

Thank god we aren’t going to be overpaying for Keane.

We should just give the game time to Dean.
He’s just as capable
And hopefully supporters won’t continually sook if, whilst learning, he is not as good as Howe, Roughead …. Picken …. or Rance. To afford Daicos and De Goey you need a few Deans and McCreerys. No Frampton in 2023 no premiership.

Yeah, I am biased as well.

I don't think they are amazing owners as they are too driven by profit. But they are far from the worst.

If they properly backed Klopp we win at least another title and trophy.

I think Brighton is another club that does incredibly well in the transfer market.

But I do agree we nail most of our transfers and identity talent.
I like Brentfords model of identifying specific players for specific positions that won't break the bank

No, he's not. Keane is a bigger man and more capable of matching the bigger bodied players Dean struggles against.
Dean really only struggled against Darcy who is 206cm. Amartey wouldn't support your theory that Keane is able to match the bigger blokes. Two different types of players though

Absofcukinlutely not.
Free hit. He has pace and has been okay in games I've seen. It's laughable to see how quick people are to reject players. If they were on our recruitment staff we'd have the same team list for ten years. Nothing but duds and spuds out there.

Dean really only struggled against Darcy who is 206cm. Amartey wouldn't support your theory that Keane is able to match the bigger blokes. Two different types of players though
That was a one off night and he continued to kick them out of his arse after Keane was moved. The full back in the team of the century had 12 goals kicked on him at Moorabbin one afternoon. The Blues should have delisted him!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Free hit. He has pace and has been okay in games I've seen. It's laughable to see how quick people are to reject players. If they were on our recruitment staff we'd have the same team list for ten years. Nothing but duds and spuds out there.
Also it is amazing how some people want Ferrari's when we only have enough capital for a clappped out Falcon.
Live within your means and look for a bargain at Car City, before heading to Prestige Auto with little to spend.

So far we've missed out on...
Petracca (pure fantasy anyway)
Smith (a few rumours early but now seems headed to the Cattery)
Keane (Would've been handy but I think his disposal is ropey)
Battle (that's a disappointment but we don't want to spend big on KPDs anyway)
Houston (seems to be staying but would be dynamic in our backline)

Any others I'm missing?

Any others I'm missing?
Probably Peatling and davies

Haven’t seen enough of Hind to comment, is he much worse than Noble? Will need a replacement runner out of defence if Noble goes, if Hind is free and Noble nets us a decent pick could be a net win?

Any others I'm missing?
You could probably add Lucosious - not that we were really into him.

Honestly with some of the names being thrown up on this board of late (Francis; Hind, Owies, Stringer etc) I'm really looking forward to the footy tonight. I need to cleanse my mind of the thought of some of these players being mentioned in the same sentence as Collingwood.

The cardboard is pretty bare for tall defenders James Blanck from Hawthorn might be one
Big boy but coming of a knee and would not be a first choice at Hawthorn would be behind Battle Barrass and Frost
Let face it we are not going to get a star it will be a honest battler at best think we would in the case be better at looking at the draft for a young bloke from the and groom him over the next couple of years
Dean Frampton and hopefully Eyre are capable of holding the fort in the meantime.
Also regarding a young mid Angus Sheldrick from Sydney would be worth having a nibble at hard midfield to break into
Sometimes spell check makes me giggle. I know you meant cupboard in that first sentence but it came out cardboard. Don’t know why it made me giggle but it did. 🤪

I wouldn't be opposed to getting Day in for nothing?

Basically same age as Checkers but much taller and I don't think has an injury history?

Worst case he's depth at least because we clearly don't see a spot for Kreuger

Honestly with some of the names being thrown up on this board of late (Francis; Hind, Owies, Stringer etc) I'm really looking forward to the footy tonight. I need to cleanse my mind of the thought of some of these players being mentioned in the same sentence as Collingwood.
I also can't wait for the footy tonight & rest of the weekend.

All the doom & gloom about not getting some of these spuds is driving me batty too.

Yea. Unless there's a gun that's really undervalued at the moment (ie salary dump), I'm not keen on the idea of potentially overpaying for fringe players that could end up list clogging.

A good scenario this year for us could be:

Noble for pick 20
Picks 20, 48, 50 to Brisbane for Pick 14 for points for Ashcroft
Richards for a F2

Take 14 and 32 to the draft this year. Give more opportunities to our young players like Allan, Mcinnes, DeMattia, Dean, Jiath, Ryan next year.

Go into 2025 draft with 2 F2s and source 1 more to match Mcguane. Have flexibility to trade out 2x firsts for a gun KPF/Mid. Sign up a gun mid/KPF like LDU/Oscar Allen as FA.

Dean is actually listed as slightly taller than Keane.
He is quite slender, though, but more time in the weight room should help rectify that.
Darcy is listed at 208cm and probably still growing, so he'd be a handful for anyone.

Yea. Unless there's a gun that's really undervalued at the moment (ie salary dump), I'm not keen on the idea of potentially overpaying for fringe players that could end up list clogging.

A good scenario this year for us could be:

Noble for pick 20
Picks 20, 48, 50 to Brisbane for Pick 14 for points for Ashcroft
Richards for a F2

Take 14 and 32 to the draft this year. Give more opportunities to our young players like Allan, Mcinnes, DeMattia, Dean, Jiath, Ryan next year.

Go into 2025 draft with 2 F2s and source 1 more to match Mcguane. Have flexibility to trade out 2x firsts for a gun KPF/Mid. Sign up a gun mid/KPF like LDU/Oscar Allen as FA.
I'm inclined to agree with you.

I would have liked to have gone hard for Bailey Smith but alas Geelong seems to have him. Houston is another that is being mentioned who would be a great get but not sure we are willing to pay the price. Peatling another I was keen on seems more likely to stay at GWS than not, likewise Davies at Gold Coast.

I'm keen to see what Leppitsch can do this off season. A fresh set of eyes over our list management and recruitment cant be a bad thing

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back