List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Leppa may just be wanting to find improved ways to help Hine identify talent.
The quote was:

"Justin Leppitsch has started in his new role as Pies list boss and is looking at new ways to rate and judge talent and current players as part of his new brief."

It'll be about looking at our metrics and criteria for evaluating potential draftees, trade targets and current players - in terms of both salary and draft pick/trade value.

To be honest, I've got no idea how they'd currently do it - other than vibe - or what way they'd move to - just so hard to measure likelihood of future performance - let alone to then weigh up the value of salary cap versus draft picks.

Last edited:

I was listening to SEN the other day and they were discussing what they think it'll take to get Bailey Smith trade done. They were all saying Geelong's late first round will get it done. If Smith chose us they would all be saying 2 firsts as a starting point.
There’s definitely media weighting with us
The bias from commentating just flows through into trade debates

The cardboard is pretty bare for tall defenders James Blanck from Hawthorn might be one
Big boy but coming of a knee and would not be a first choice at Hawthorn would be behind Battle Barrass and Frost
Let face it we are not going to get a star it will be a honest battler at best think we would in the case be better at looking at the draft for a young bloke from the and groom him over the next couple of years
Dean Frampton and hopefully Eyre are capable of holding the fort in the meantime.
Also regarding a young mid Angus Sheldrick from Sydney would be worth having a nibble at hard midfield to break into
Is that you Travis?

Frampton might not be the answer down back but he might improve if just left in defence to get his bearings, instead of filling holes every other week.
Agree. We can’t afford a major upgrade on Frampton and Dean, so may as well just play them. Bearing in mind Howe and Moore still get picked first.

This draft and trade period will be very interesting for us. We are in a very dangerous place right now with our list. We have the top end talent (age aside) to win a flag (minimal injuries of course) but if we don't capitilise on another flag in the next 2 or 3 seasons then we may see 5 or 6 top end players fall off the list at the same time and that would see us plummet hard.

If we are going for another flag and it seems we are then we need to "top up" but not with average players like Hind, Keene, Howard, Haynes or whatever C grade discards that are being floated, we have to hit up high end talent even if it is old, types like Stringer or Petracca would be good options (I don't know who will be available to get at this point but I think the Petracca situation has another chapter to play out). Now, this could deliver another flag in the next 2 or 3 years but at the price of a 5 to 7 year rebuild afterwards. Personally, I am ok with a 5-7 year rebuild, we have done it before, but I want us to squeeze every ounce of life out of what we have because it is damn tough to build a premiership caliber list. I hope we bring in 2 or 3 ready made quality players that can keep us in the hunt.

Let's not do a Tottenham Hotspur and spend £350 million on kids and average players.

The quote was:

"Justin Leppitsch has started in his new role as Pies list boss and is looking at new ways to rate and judge talent and current players as part of his new brief."

It'll be about looking at our metrics and criteria for evaluating potential draftees, trade targets and current players - in terms of both salary and draft pick/trade value.

To be honest, I've got no idea how they'd currently do it - other than vibe - or what way they'd move to - just so hard to measure likelihood of future performance - let alone to then weigh up the value of salary cap versus draft picks.

Great news. Leppa is all over it

Liverpool fc are very data driven when it comes to their recruiting. It can be super frustrating at times but it's generally pretty good.

It's about ability, age, right price etc super thorough with medical, onsell value eye wages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cloke

The saying is the "cupboard is pretty bare."

Clokey was famous for his metaphor butchery. Smoke and daggers behind the curtains.
I though he said smoke and shadows behind the windows?

Edit: he did

The quote was:

Justin 'Billy Bean' Leppitsch

The quote was:

I think they do use vibe but have also added aura

I always say, Talent gets you in the door. Whether you fail or become successor is dependant on your work rate.
We had a lot of players in the 70's and 80's lacking talent, but their work rate and commitment were first rate. Unfortunately we had a few talented players in the 90s who thought that was enough

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back