List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong really has done a great job.
Holmes is an absolute gem. They nabbed him at 20 in the 2020 draft which was thought to be have very early.

Reading his background, he didn't play in his final year due to injury, but his mum is Lee Naylor (Commonwealth Games 400m gold medalist), and while raw, he strengths were obviously speed (top 400m running himself), clean hands, and a strong outside game.

The Cats seem to like kids with athletic running backgrounds.

Well done to them.

I wish he played for us.
So do we , we just get the wrong ones, Rantall was an elite runner, as was Tom Phillips.

i think the main difference between the pies losing players and freo, is that freo is good at replacing them. When we lose a half decent player like mark keane, we're regretting it because we cant find someone to replace murphy. When freo lose griffen logue, they draft someone better....
Freo finished below us on the ladder again this year. Who are these better players they have drafted?

i think the main difference between the pies losing players and freo, is that freo is good at replacing them. When we lose a half decent player like mark keane, we're regretting it because we cant find someone to replace murphy. When freo lose griffen logue, they draft someone better....
Helps when you spend most of your seasons outside the 8 and accumulate top 10 draft picks.

Of those players listed that we traded only one was a lock to be selected every week if we had kept them. That's Treloar and it clearly was a trade out of financial desperation. The others were waning talents on inflated contracts or fringe types that were relying on injuries to others to get a game.

You can't hold out and get max value on players who aren't currently in your best side because they might be in the opposition's best side. It's way too much money running around in the VFL. It would be like Melbourne holding on to Grundy because he's worth more to Sydney than them.
We managed to get pick 32 for Paul Seedsman back in the day when he was languishing in our 2’s, so I’m going to have to disagree that you can’t extract max value for depth players. You just have to work out what that max value actually is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please pick Collingwood would love to land him

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

If it was us he'd say so given both clubs aren't in finals

Which means he's going to Geelong

Cats still in finals , thought generally players hold off until the clubs out. Battle and Barass two differences from the usual rule
Finals nothing to do with it imo. Geelong said they are happy for Smith’s request to be a distraction (if he does choose them).

Considering other clubs maybe?

Exactly. Hawks are still playing ..

Yeah , but people raised eyebrows also when they announced hawks as a destination. If anything it would be off putting to the current players in respective teams whose position would be up for contention by new comers.

Im unsure what Hawks were doing letting those players announce them as the destination

Yeah , but people raised eyebrows also when they announced hawks as a destination. If anything it would be off putting to the current players in respective teams whose position would be up for contention by new comers.

Im unsure what Hawks were doing letting those players announce them as the destination

That's the new cocky and carefree Hawks.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back