List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I might be the only one on here that really really doesn’t want that to happen
Who was the last Collingwood player to wear a helmet ? (Brett James? Richard Osborne?)

On Logan Morris and hoping he landed at out 2nd pick I think jiath will turn out a ripper.

Would of been nice to go Morris and Jiath

if they are going to list the highest paid players, they should also list the average salary over the term of the contract.

The top 100 list is a fascinating read.

In the write ups they do indicate whether it is a back ended or front ended deal etc.

Taylor will be ranked in the top 3 at some stage over the next few years. Intercept KPD is the most valuable player in the game. Andrews not being close to the top 10 was the biggest surprise to me because he’s the most important to any team in the competition.

I tend to agree. The best ladder predictor is just about a ranking of intercept defenders. It's why a couple of maybe blokes like Esava and McKay got such good offers.

I’m also a big no to Daniel. He can’t take ground with his legs and is too easily exploited down back. There’d be 3-4 blokes at state league level that offer as much with scope to grow.

I think he's a maybe in the role Adams played for us last year. Some contest work and some lowering the eyes to hit forwards.

The top 100 list is a fascinating read.

In the write ups they do indicate whether it is a back ended or front ended deal etc.
Grundy now at $1.1m-$1.2m pa seems to confirm what I was told in the year we traded him. Apparently, he was another that took unders initially in his contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he's a maybe in the role Adams played for us last year. Some contest work and some lowering the eyes to hit forwards.
Adams in that role was an elite contest player which is why he rated so highly in score involvements and goal assists last year. He’d be snout at the trough burrowing away, feed it out to the finishers and we’d be off. I just don’t think that’s Daniel.

I do think we’ve missed that role this year and it has to be Shoota for mine because like Adams he’s not the most reliable user in general play. It seems that they’d rather him as a link player.

Watching all 4 finals though has really just reinforced the need to bolster our ground level stocks. As usual the mark and set shot KPF’s have been bit part players. The athletic leap at the ball and get behind the defender types in Dear and Cameron look much more effective. It’s such a fine line though because we’re set in that area with Mihocek and McStay, but how many more seasons can we expect from that combo? Considering what the draft is giving us in terms of it’s strengths and I’d definitely be going best available which is likely to be ground level types.

I saw a stat recently that had us 11th for average inside 50s, but also in the top 2 or 3 for average scores from inside 50s. Apologies. but i can't find the link to it right now.
So once it's in there our forward line does seem to be pretty productive compared to the competition. It would be nice to have another reliable marking target for the long down the line kick, but put me in the crew looking for more running+intercept types.

Daniel and Jack probably aren't happy therefore not performing well like a happy player would. I'll bet they both would play their guts out under Fly.
Happy worker, better production.
Fox reported "Caleb Daniel, has fallen off so much defensively that he can’t be played or used to transition down back"

$750K for 2 years is a lot for a small, slow player who has dropped off defensively

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Adams in that role was an elite contest player which is why he rated so highly in score involvements and goal assists last year. He’d be snout at the trough burrowing away, feed it out to the finishers and we’d be off. I just don’t think that’s Daniel.

I do think we’ve missed that role this year and it has to be Shoota for mine because like Adams he’s not the most reliable user in general play. It seems that they’d rather him as a link player.

Watching all 4 finals though has really just reinforced the need to bolster our ground level stocks. As usual the mark and set shot KPF’s have been bit part players. The athletic leap at the ball and get behind the defender types in Dear and Cameron look much more effective. It’s such a fine line though because we’re set in that area with Mihocek and McStay, but how many more seasons can we expect from that combo? Considering what the draft is giving us in terms of it’s strengths and I’d definitely be going best available which is likely to be ground level types.
I liked Caleb as an inside mid, but that was back in 2016, so you're probably right that he couldn't do a role like Adams's one anymore.

I actually think Tay is a good kick going inside 50, as he lowers his eyes and goes for easy ones - and you expect a fair rate of turnover going inside 50. it's him trying to hit 45% degree passes upfield in spots where turnovers really hurt that is his undoing.

I saw a stat recently that had us 11th for average inside 50s, but also in the top 2 or 3 for average scores from inside 50s. Apologies. but i can't find the link to it right now.
So once it's in there our forward line does seem to be pretty productive compared to the competition. It would be nice to have another reliable marking target for the long down the line kick, but put me in the crew looking for more running+intercept types.
I thought we’d be lower for average I50’s because of the mid year stretch where the ball effectively lived in the front half of the opposition. Before and after that the flow of the I50 count felt relatively even and our forward efficiency was top drawer as the numbers suggest (hence why Hoyne was a big fan of our profile mid year). Finding easier ball has to be a priority for our system in 2025.

I would love to find the post where I was begging to take Logan Morris at the end of last season.
The season before, I was asking for Max Gruzewski. He'd be one I'd like to see us go after.
Job done.

“Moir might be out of our range, but I really like Logan Morris as a key position from Western Jets. I don't think the Western Jets are going to win many this year. But he looks a really good prospect.

May still grow a bit. And had a big game on the weekend. He seems like an athletic type of CHF we could use.

I have really liked Logan Morris from the start of the year. I'd love the pies to land him tomorrow or Archer Reid!

There are 2 kids in particular that I think would be a fair value for out 1st round and/or 2nd round picks, Archer Reid and Logan Morris.

I think these guys are who we should be targeting at 20ish and 35ish. Would be the key forwards for the future to replace the likes of Mihochek and McStay.”

I thought we’d be lower for average I50’s because of the mid year stretch where the ball effectively lived in the front half of the opposition. Before and after that the flow of the I50 count felt relatively even and our forward efficiency was top drawer as the numbers suggest (hence why Hoyne was a big fan of our profile mid year). Finding easier ball has to be a priority for our system in 2025.
Getting some reasonably quality mid support ( biased toward inside ) allowing ND to be more creative will ramp this up instantly. The key is that it must be AFL quality and superior to Finn/NL/JB types.

Yes, he will be locked down but again a spread of quality is the key, also allowing more time for quality behind the footy which until JD went back was pretty poor this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back