List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

He played his two senior games at Geelong in 2021 (R21 and R22) at CHB. He played both CHF & CHB all through his junior years

https://central.rookieme.com/afl/player/nathan-kreuger/

https://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/851422/kreuger-set-to-settle-in-defence

https://www.saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?t=103331

https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.a...0Xv0hBkw1yTrx8n5QUxoCj_MQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Nathan Kreuger set to make AFL debut with Geelong

Exciting swingman Nathan Kreuger is set to make his AFL debut with Geelong when it takes on North Melbourne in Hobart on Saturday.

EXCITING swingman Nathan Kreuger is set to make his AFL debut with Geelong when it takes on North Melbourne in Hobart on Saturday.

Kreuger has performed strongly at both ends of the ground for the Cats at VFL level but has found a home down back, which is where he will spend most of his time against the Kangaroos.

The 22-year-old, who comes into the team at the expense of Irishman Mark O’Connor (knee soreness), only found out he was playing at the same time as his teammates and showed his humility by saying it was an unexpected call up.

“We went out to do a captain’s run and did the normal thing and then we came in and all of a sudden it was ‘all right everyone get in’ and then ‘Kreugs, you’re debuting’ and everyone went wild,” Kreuger said.

“It was a bit of a surprise and all the boys got around me which was even better, so it is exciting.

“I reckon I will go to a key, either at full back or centre half-back, and do a job on whoever Scarlo (backline coach, Matthew Scarlett) wants me to do. I reckon it will probably change from quarter to quarter, or even half to half, but I am just happy to be in there and playing a role.”

At 196cm, Kreuger has long been earmarked as a key position prospect for the Cats, but after impressing as a forward before moving into defence and then performing strongly there as well, the main question that has lingered around him has been where he will ultimately find his spot in the team.

That's great but how about watching the actual game, he was bad as a defender that's why he doesn't play there and no club puff piece will change that fact, club wants to get better not worse.

I'm not FOS mate I worked for the Catters whilst Kreugs and Obee were at the joint. Athletically and at training he looks OK but as soon as there's an opponent he's just lost in defence and his awkwardness just makes him a liability back there. On several occasions his eyesight was questioned because he would just run into the backs of other players. No peripheral awareness.
You sir are on the money, thanks for providing some guidance to a misguided soul.

Kennedy is the one I’d love to get. Losing Adams and Mitchell being out most of the year was telling. Need someone to protect Nick and Ed. He should be a priority signing for little draft capital we’d need to give up.
Yeah I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk. Perfect fit for mine.

I believe anything is worth a shot. Most defenders are failed forwards. Pies for some reason are reluctant to make such moves. Rory Lobb was likely to have been at a new club this off season, if not for a move to CHB made out of necessity. Because he was an inconsistent forward who had trouble finding the ball. I for one have been hoping that McInnes is trialled off HB

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not sure we are that reluctant. Moore, Howe, Reid all failed forwards.
Agree though would like to see Reef and potentially Johnson tried at half back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Jake Kelly cooked?
Or is there something worth trying to salvage?

It always irritates me when Moore is referred to as a “failed forward”. His record playing as a young key tall statistically actually sits favourably compared to other very good key talls at the same age. He’s an excellent intercept defender, but I have little doubt that if he’d been given the opportunity he’d have been a very good key forward, and if his body had been able to cope with it, and absolutely elite forward/ruck.

Moore didn’t fail as a forward he was just a AA backman so played in his best spot, besides bucks didn’t really know what he was doing and Darcy kept getting injured.

Josh Sinn straight swap for Richards.

I am sure Sinn is from the same year as Nicky D. There was a Sandy v Oakleigh game at Rsea Park and Sinn absolutely killed it for Sandy and they beat Oakleigh.

Who says no to the deal?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back