List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Could either be a ploy to use the clubs as leverage to force gws to up their offer or he is potentially sick of this gws side repeatedly hitting a brick ball in finals.
Very Good Possibility

To be fair, De Goey played all year hurt and still managed two 3 vote games and a 2 voter.

So a fit De Goey would be part of the equation.

We also had no Mitchell all season. Allen appears like he could take the next step next season, we seem to be turning Beau into a midfielder and McGuane will be in there in 2026.

So I'm not sure if the situation is as dire as it may look on the surface in 2024

This McGuane kid - how good is he?

Are we talking Gavin Brown standard of offspring, or Peter Daicos level?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I personally wouldn't mind contributing financially to the club to arrange fresh grass be delivered to Matt Rowell on game days , if that's what it takes to convince him to request a trade to Collingwood at the end of next season.

Have no problem with perryman.

- Can play a variety of roles and the club in recent times have been excellent at targeting players for certain roles

- right age bracket for a team lacking in that age cohort

- doesn’t hurt pies weak draft hand or compromise next years draft

- can manipulate the contract so that it pays more two years from now when veterans have retired

1. Landing Perryman

2. retaining Richards (and repurposing him to nobles role)

3. attracting a tall to help with KPP depth

4. Upgrading this years picks without compromising next years draft too much

^ all this and I’d be a happy enough with the trade period

A couple of new pieces and the kids like Allan, Parker, HDM, Smit, TJ etc coming on next year and things don’t look too bad👍
Can’t see Richard’s replacing Noble - given relative lack of pace.
And we should try to overcome the body size issue that made Noble vulnerable at HBF.

I personally I wouldn't mind contributing financially to the club to arrange fresh grass be delivered to Matt Rowell on game days , if that's what it takes to convince him to request a trade to Collingwood at the end of next season.
**** him, if you can get good grass, send it my way. I need something after the Brownlow

I personally I wouldn't mind contributing financially to the club to arrange fresh grass be delivered to Matt Rowell on game days , if that's what it takes to convince him to request a trade to Collingwood at the end of next season.

Hopefully GC miss the 8 and he wants out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reef is super young and has shown he can kick goals. He lacks tank but that's because he is being developed only as a forward. He should be given time as a half forward and a role to run as a receiver to help get the ball across to inside 50. He's got physical tools and again... just 21.

Dean is too slow. His best game of the year is when he completed 3 basic plays without messing up.
The first 3 games of the season his direct competition scored at will and Dean looked far beaten. He is slow and has no ability to contest the ball in the air. Again, his lack of athleticism is OK if he was smart defensively... but he's not.
He had 17 marks in his last VFL game clearly he has no issue reading the play or is he lacking in smarts IMO.

Last edited:
Sort of but not really. For example, do you think we’d have a stronger hand at the trade table if we had an out of contract player who we hadn’t offered a contract to, or one that we not only had offered a contract to, but then upped said offer?
While it might not make a difference to the players decision, we’re showing our intent to try and retain him which potentially adds perceived value at the trade table.
Makes sense. Plus I think what I was missing (based on Bianconeri's response) is that even though he is 'out of contract' we don't have to agree to a trade with Port, and can basically "force" Richards into the draft where he runs the risk of getting picked up by someone other than Port. So I guess that does give us some power at the negotiation table.

I was taking 'out of contract' to quite literally mean that there is no contractual relationship between Club and Player, and therefore, player can do whatever they want and Club has no position to demand anything via trade.

If Markov can rediscover his 2023 form and go to another level, it will make the loss of noble and whatever we get for him far more palatable. Hopefully his poor 2024 season was as a result of him adjusting to becoming a first time dad. Hoping a strong and settled pre-season will allow him to rediscover his aggression and game breaking nature.

Future 1st and Richards should get it done
I wonder if we can split F1 with Sydney.
Offer 12 and 18 for Houston and hopefully a Future pick for Mcguane.
We’d still have a late first this draft.

With salary cap going up, I wonder if it is going to be more difficult trading for out of contract players next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back