List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

How does it usually go when you ask someone's partner that question?
slap-slaping.gif

I'd expect them to be valued about the same. And either way, I think you'll have to pay more than just that pick.
I don’t think so. I think Carlton will be expected to finish higher than us.

Also, GC have an academy player this draft they may not want to waste pick 12 on in matching. Maybe they have more academy players next year which they can use our future 1st to trade.

Based on the current trade targets, here's ideally what I hope Leppa can negotiate

• F1 and Noble for GC pick 12 and 20
  • Pick 20, 33, 48 and 51 (Points value to Pick 4) for Brisbane's Pick 17 and F2 to help them match Ashcroft
  • Richards for Port's F2 to give us 3x F2s to help match McGuane
  • Offer Perryman >$900k x 6 years to guarantee GWS first round compo so they also trade us Peatling for a nominal swap of F3s next year.

In: Picks 12 and 14, Port + Brisbane F2, Perryman, Peatling
Out: F1, Picks 33, 48, 51, Noble, Richards

*Edited to update for Brisbane's new pick

Last edited:
I do t think so. I think Carlton will be expected to finish higher than us.

Also, GC have an academy player this draft they may not want to waste pick 12 on in matching. Maybe they have more academy players next year which they can use our future 1st to trade.
They'll sell it, but there will be about 16 clubs who are interested in it, and they'll likely get a better offer than a pick in next year's projected weaker draft that you'd project as a similar number to 12 - but could be better or worse. I'd say our pick would be valued slightly higher as it's more chance of ending up a low number, but probably equal chance of ending up close to 18.

Noble to Gold Coast plus a future Collingwood second rounder and Port 3rd Rounder.
Richards to Port
Lukocious to Port
Houston to Collingwood
Maybe some other picks swaps included.

• We give up Noble/Richards & a future second to get Houston. And we keep our future first and dont have to find one.
  • Port lose Houston and a third rounder but get Lukocious and Richards to help their forward line.
  • GC get Noble and a second rounder and third rounder for Lukocious (a guy they dont want/save on his salary and they keep their 12/20)

We then trade our future first into this years draft. Could we trade our future first to GC for 12 this year for a forward. Maybe split it for 16 & 18 ish

Pick up Perryman as a free agent.
Go hard for Peatling and/or Kennedy with remaining picks.

We now have changed our midfield profile dramatically to support Nick and Jordan. Back Allen and offload Bytel.

We do what Geelong does and rest Sidebottom and Pendles more in 2025. They both play more HB/HF as required.

Pressure now on Crisp, Lipinski, IQ, McCreery, Markov, WHE, Mitchell to lift their game.

We remain in the window with a younger best 23 team.

Helps cover the likely 2025 midfield retirees (Mitchell, Pendles, Sidebottom) and use the salary cap space created next year to target some future forward/back free agents for 2026 when (Mihocek, Howe, Cox, WHE are gone)

Based on the current trade targets, here's ideally what I hope Leppa can negotiate

• Pick 20, 33, 48 and 51 (Points value to Pick 4) for Brisbane's Pick 14 to help them match Ashcroft
  • Richards for Port's F2 to give us 2x F2s to help match McGuane (will probably need to trade in a third F2 next year)
  • Offer Perryman >$900k x 6 years to guarantee GWS first round compo so they also trade us Peatling for a nominal swap of F3s next year.

In: Picks 12 and 14, Port F2, Perryman, Peatling

Haha I love this and it's pretty creative and not that far fetched.

The Peatling part probably the only part that wouldn't work.

• Pick 20, 33, 48 and 51 (Points value to Pick 4) for Brisbane's Pick 14 to help them match Ashcroft
  • Richards for Port's F2 to give us 2x F2s to help match McGuane (will probably need to trade in a third F2 next year)

F1 and noble for 12 and 20 is horrible trade I’m sorry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane don’t have pick 14. They’ll have 17 or 18 depending on the result on Saturday. The order of the finalists in the draft is based on when they get eliminated in the finals not their position at the end of the H&A. The H&A position only acts as a tie breaker for teams eliminated at the same stage. GWS are currently holding pick 14.

Brisbane don’t have pick 14. They’ll have 17 or 18 depending on the result on Saturday. The order of the finalists in the draft is based on when they get eliminated in the finals not their position at the end of the H&A. The H&A position only acts as a tie breaker for teams eliminated at the same stage. GWS are currently holding pick 14.
Ah yea my bad. Just looking at their draft hand, they have pick 17 currently assuming Sydney win and then nothing until 55 so they'll struggle to match Ashcroft.

I think I'd still do the trade of 20, 33, 48, 51 for pick 17 and have them throw in their F2 so we would then end up with 3x F2s to fully match McGuane. Note also that picks 19 onwards will be pushed out by any end of first round compo picks whereas 17 will come before that and only pushed out by academy bids and first round compo.

Net result will be Pick 12, 17, Perryman/Peatling for Noble, Richards and our bundle of late picks. We will still get McGuane for effectively our F1 next year.

Oh baby love
My baby love
You are correct

Every club’s out-of-contract players​

Adelaide: Lachie Gollant, Will Hamill, Elliott Himmelberg, Ned McHenry, Patrick Parnell
Brisbane: Luke Beecken, Darcy Craven, Darragh Joyce, Kalin Lane, James Madden, Carter Michael, Jaxon Prior
Carlton: Jack Carroll, Matt Carroll, Sam Durdin, Matt Owies
Collingwood: Jack Bytel, Charlie Dean, Josh Eyre, Ned Long, Nathan Kreuger, Oleg Markov, Reef McInnes, Joe Richards, Lachie Sullivan
Essendon: Jayden Davey, Will Setterfield, Sam Weideman
Fremantle: Tom Emmett, Odin Jones, Max Knobel, Liam Reidy, Ethan Stanley, Patrick Voss
Geelong: Jed Bews, Patrick Dangerfield, Mitch Duncan, Jake Kolodjashnij, Rhys Stanley
Gold Coast: Levi Casboult, Hewego Paul Oea
GWS Giants: Adam Kennedy, James Peatling, Harry Perryman, Conor Stone
Hawthorn: Josh Bennetts, Denver Grainger-Barras, Harry Morrison, Jack O’Sullivan, Ethan Phillips
Melbourne: Marty Hore, Joel Smith, Adam Tomlinson
North Melbourne: Blake Drury, Cooper Harvey, Charlie Lazzaro
Port Adelaide: Travis Boak, Charlie Dixon, Francis Evans, Kyle Marshall, Tom McCallum, Quinton Narkle, Tom Scully
Richmond: Mate Colina, Matt Coulthard, Noah Cumberland, Thomson Dow, Jack Graham, Kamdyn McIntosh
St Kilda: Jack Hayes, Olli Hotton, Zak Jones, Tim Membrey, Ben Paton
Sydney Swans: Harry Arnold, Jack Buller, Aaron Francis, Tom Hanily, Jacob Konstanty, Jaiden Magor, Lachie McAndrew, Caleb Mitchell, Cooper Vickery
West Coast: Coby Burgiel, Jai Culley, Luke Edwards, Josh Rotham, Alex Witherden
Western Bulldogs: Charlie Clarke, Riley Garcia, Jason Johannisen, Alex Keath

Carlton and North Melbourne lead the race for Houston, who is contracted for four more seasons, but the Power will demand a strong return for the back-to-back All-Australian.
Collingwood, Western Bulldogs and St Kilda have also expressed interest in Houston

Cumming announced last week he was leaving GWS to play for a South Australian team, with two sources telling this masthead at the time that his club choice could impact what Perryman does.

Perryman is mates with Setterfield who is OOC and only played 4 games this year - hmmm...

i know it is to trigger a compensation pick, but damn, thats a lot of money for a player who wouldn't even be top 10 on our list.
other players may get their nose out of joint, i know i wouldn't be happy

Ah yea my bad. Just looking at their draft hand, they have pick 17 currently assuming Sydney win and then nothing until 55 so they'll struggle to match Ashcroft.

I think I'd still do the trade of 20, 33, 48, 51 for pick 17 and have them throw in their F2 so we would then end up with 3x F2s to fully match McGuane. Note also that picks 19 onwards will be pushed out by any end of first round compo picks whereas 17 will come before that and only pushed out by academy bids and first round compo.

Net result will be Pick 12, 17, Perryman/Peatling for Noble, Richards and our bundle of late picks. We will still get McGuane for effectively our F1 next year.

With the bolded, current picks 19 and 20 are North end of first round assistance package picks, as they finished lower, I'd assume they'll be before any end of first round compo picks - but could be an incorrect assumption

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back