List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I just enjoy the draft more because its so good to see kids realising their dreams of being drafted.They spend their whole lives, worked so hard to get to this point.
Trade period just gives me stress lol
They're teenagers playing footy, Jen.

They're teenagers playing footy, Jen.
And they still have spent a lot of their years getting to this point. Its no less true, because footy is what they want to do. Parents and everyone involved spends so much time into these kids to get them to a point where they can achieve their dreams.

And they still have spent a lot of their years getting to this point. Its no less true, because footy is what they want to do. Parents and everyone involved spends so much time into these kids to get them to a point where they can achieve their dreams.
They are still kids

I like the joy of draft night. Its like the joy of watching a premiership team after the gf. There are some great stories of parents driving ridiculous distances, but the more common story is talented kid likes playing footy. Gets a scholarship. Plays a lot of footy and plays it well. Gets drafted. We're not talking big sacrifice here.

You think they start as teens?
My 10 year old son plays basketball in a junior team.
He enjoys it and it gets him off his iPad, at least for a while.
However, I've seen plenty of ugly parents and coaches, who want their kids to become highly paid professional sports people so they can live off the proceeds.

If the kids want to do it, fine, but it's a tough gig and only a small percentage of them make it.
The AFL players we call spuds are still amongst the elite, but many of them still don't make it.
Imagine how Trent Bianco felt after being delisted by the club he grew up supporting.

It takes unswerving focus and dedication for these kids to get to the top.
So the ones who DO get there deserve praise.

My folks didn't really care too much about my junior years. Every year I would come home with trophies and the old man had the same response every time. He would say "when are we going to see all your trophies from your school achievements ", lol. Got to love ethnic parents

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My folks didn't really care too much about my junior years. Every year I would come home with trophies and the old man had the same response every time. He would say "when are we going to see all your trophies from your school achievements ", lol. Got to love ethnic parents
Did they want you to be a doctor?

Haha
I was an athlete when I was younger. I got plenty of trophies laying around lol My parents used to take us kids from competition to competition. I got lazy and gave up sometime in high school. Got too busy with school.

True The back breaking sacrifice of under 10s. Don't know how they make it through it.

What are you taking about?

All Jen said was that they work “their whole lives”

Did you think she meant from birth or something? I’d be willing to bet money that the vast majority of footballers in the AFL start their football journey as very young kids.

They don’t start playing footy as teens

Did you think she meant from birth or something? I’d be willing to bet money that the vast majority of footballers in the AFL start their football journey as very young kids.

Most start at under 9s or 11s but probably kicked the plastic footy around since they were 4, I know I did. I also think you misunderstood fonzy

Yes. Lots of little kids like playing sport. Not sure if I'd call it work though.

My 10 year old son plays basketball in a junior team.
He enjoys it and it gets him off his iPad, at least for a while.
However, I've seen plenty of ugly parents and coaches, who want their kids to become highly paid professional sports people so they can live off the proceeds.

If the kids want to do it, fine, but it's a tough gig and only a small percentage of them make it.
The AFL players we call spuds are still amongst the elite, but many of them still don't make it.
Imagine how Trent Bianco felt after being delisted by the club he grew up supporting.

It takes unswerving focus and dedication for these kids to get to the top.
So the ones who DO get there deserve praise.
Except for Bytel, he’s a spud.

Bring on October 7. The road to our own redemption and 2025 begin.

10/7 trade period begins
10+5=17

2025 (20-5)+2=17

Fingers crossed for season 2025

WTF does this mean???

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back