List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

flipping hell watching today, I want that feeling back again desperately come on Pies let's go again. Bring on trade and draft period.

We’ll be back next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I kinda understand the hand wringing over Morris considering we were supposedly into him, but I’m in no way buying that he was a needs pick. This time last year we had Mihocek, AJ and McInnes as undersized KPF options which is well overstocked for a role that is super reliant on either freak athleticism or competitiveness. With Daniher gone next year it’ll be an interesting discussion to pick back up.
My view is that you don't draft for the first two years. You might get lucky with a Daicos or Ashcroft at the pointy end of the draft, but really you're drafting for years 3+. You go into the 2023 draft picking for someone you're hoping will do well and contribute between 2026 and 2036. Age 21-31. I wouldn't factor in any of the blokes you mentioned. We only have about 5 senior players who will play a lot of their career as contemporaries with last year's draft crop. Everything is a need for the period 2026+. With an old team, best available all the way.

Last edited:
No, as a club if we’re going to be able to identify the best talent we need to back ourselves in to retain said talent. The only thing your supposed “lesson” would achieve is clubs passing over the best talent and allowing them to walk where they want to for fear of them going home, which would lead to an even more compromised draft.

I think you need to look a bit deeper at this one. With the family connection at Geelong, you don’t need to be Einstein to figure that the lure back to Geelong would be far stronger than a normal draftee who does not have his older brother playing just an hour down the road.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

It would be good if we can find a low level fwd who has great marking ability to come in and eventually replace Howe. We have seen countless time just how reliant we are on Howe bailing us out with his intercept marks, especially when moore was in his form slump.

It would be good if we can find a low level fwd who has great marking ability to come in and eventually replace Howe. We have seen countless time just how reliant we are on Howe bailing us out with his intercept marks, especially when moore was in his form slump.

Or a defender even.

Or a defender even.
Finding pure defenders with great intercept marking ability is very hard as there aren't that many going around, and the ones that are anywhere close to that level command a hefty salary and/or require a lot of draft capital to obtain. We are better of finding a Howe 2.0 at a significantly cheaper price.

Finding pure defenders with great intercept marking ability is very hard as there aren't that many going around, and the ones that are anywhere close to that level command a hefty salary and/or require a lot of draft capital to obtain. We are better of finding a Howe 2.0 at a significantly cheaper price.

We could just tape a bunch of cats together?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back