List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that a couple of journos have gone with Petracca not finding a suitor due to his salary peaking at 1.7m (?) over the next few years, rather than no club wanting to match the asking price that will be set by Melbourne. Unless we believe what we're seeing coming out of Melbourne: there is no asking price because he won't be traded under any circumstances.

Would've thought if he did want to leave, Petracca's camp would be well and truly aware that he'd have to have his figures manipulated (say back to an even spread each year or otherwise) or even reduced somewhat.

I am probably pleading the story to stick around for our sake but I doubt we've heard the last of it. Petracca doesn't owe Melbourne much but maybe the statement to settle the ship was the least be could do.

I refuse to believe they'll hang onto him if he's as disgruntled as he's made out to be unless they clear out some of the shit that's making him disgruntled.
I mean this bolded probably answers it but everyone is getting too deep. The problem was and always will be, he’s on too much money, he was too costly in a trade perspective and he made it even harder by saying he would only goto in essence two clubs based on the reporting.

I’m sure there’s a club in south east Queensland who could have potentially made it work. Until clubs have capacity to trade contracted players against their wishes deals like this will never be done.

I mean this bolded probably answers it but everyone is getting too deep. The problem was and always will be, he’s on too much money, he was too costly in a trade perspective and he made it even harder by saying he would only goto in essence two clubs based on the reporting.

I’m sure there’s a club in south east Queensland who could have potentially made it work. Until clubs have capacity to trade contracted players against their wishes deals like this will never be done.

What, the Suns? The same club that only last year traded pick 7 with a player just to get his salary off their books?

I'm not sure if we were actually linked to Weddle but I was crossing off teams coming into our pick he was on the board. Next minute I believe Hawthorn traded up and snatched him. We took Ed Allan with the next pick. Still breaks my heart.

There is of course an opportunity for Allan to push on in his development and match him for a career though.

I was hoping Allan would get to us, comfortable with Weddle as plan B, and terrified of taking Ryan with our first.

What, the Suns? The same club that only last year traded pick 7 with a player just to get his salary off their books?
Incredibly that was now two years ago. Time flies.

It was fun while it lasted, but it’s not happening. A two horse race for the biggest trade in terms of salary and trade capital in league history needs 12 months to come together not 12 weeks.

If it’s to happen Melbourne need to course correct over the next 12 months to make themselves attractive to any prospective trade targets and both clubs attempting to make a play need access to at least 3 1st Rd picks. The type of player that probably unlocks it is a Ben King or Mac Andrew.

That would be annoying. Particularly given, as reported, they are also into Peatling too.

Mids: Hobbs, Peatling, Davies, Garcia
Backs: Khamis, Keane

They should be our targets IMO.
Don't mind this as a group of targets. Cheap fringe younger guys who look capable, just starved of opportunity.

I've got my sights set on the tall defender who partners Moore and Howe next year.

If we get that Irish bloke who gave us the "it's not you, it's me" treatment a couple of years ago, he'll be great to smash.
If we don't get him and are stuck with Frampton or Dean - look out boys.
Keane would be a terrific pickup in this respect

Don't mind this as a group of targets. Cheap fringe younger guys who look capable, just starved of opportunity.

Khamis struggles as a defender? There was one game at Marvel where his opponent was the main target (can't remember which game).

I thought he was meant to be better as a forward?

Would much prefer quality like the Hawks are bringing in.

Khamis struggles as a defender? There was one game at Marvel where his opponent was the main target (can't remember which game).

I thought he was meant to be better as a forward?

Would much prefer quality like the Hawks are bringing in.
I think he's well-suited to that marking 3rd backman role, similar to what we have Howe do.

I too would have preferred Battle, but that's out of our hands

Yeah now I’ve read Trac’s commitment words I’m still not convinced. Weak as water. Still a good chance he gets traded this year IMO.

An exercise in calming the chatter in the short term, perhaps helping the Dees manage the outcome, and ensuring he’s not fully hated by the Melbourne faithful. Didn’t find it convincing at all - let’s see what happens.

People talk about evolution of tactics but this innovation of the modern art of sledging under Moore and Fly seems to have been missed.

No need for crude old school insults about other players' family or weight, which are easily deflected.

Moore and Co instead weaponising extreme kindness and caring* on field -- causing players to question their own relationships with teammates and club, leading to doubts and rifts that last months, fracturing relationships instead of bones. Upending the old "sticks and stones..." insidious but effective.

* As well as Darcy's knee

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Silly isn't it? One more point or goal by us in one of those draws & we'd be playing Lions this week. Despite our horror injury run this year.

Not bad for a bunch of slow old dogs

Guaranteed Lions are thankful they're meeting Blues & not us.
One more point for Freo, Essendon, North and we could have been 15th

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

People talk about evolution of tactics but this innovation of the modern art of sledging under Moore and Fly seems to have been missed.

No need for crude old school insults about other players' family or weight, which are easily deflected.

Moore and Co instead weaponising extreme kindness and caring* on field -- causing players to question their own relationships with teammates and club, leading to doubts and rifts that last months, fracturing relationships instead of bones. Upending the old "sticks and stones..." insidious but effective.

* As well as Darcy's knee

Love Happy GIF by Culver's

The bloke on Twitter ‘Sam Faff’ - he gets good mail. Saying 2MP to Pies.

I’m pretty much on board with any recruit at this stage. Win now mode.
Only thing we haven’t had a full season with McStay as yet. Would 2MP offer more than if McStay and Mihocek are playing regularly together? Is it Cox that makes way for him? Or is he depth? I don’t know.

I was hoping Allan would get to us, comfortable with Weddle as plan B, and terrified of taking Ryan with our first.
I remember feeling sick at the reports that Ryan was being considered at our first pick…

Suns will trade 6 for Rioli because Dimma wants him and he is contracted.
Agree that he is worth a late 1st at best.
If I'm the Pies, I'm asking for pick 20 for Noble and not budging, 20 or we hold him to his contract.
I’ve always looked at trading as paying the value that player is worth to your club as opposed to what he may be worth in the general market.

GC aren’t far off. If Rioli is someone they really need to provide run from the half back, as well as premiership experience, then it’s a no brainer paying pick 6.

Similarly, if they value Noble’s work ethic, durability, finals experience and hard running, then I’m sure they would have no problem giving up pick 20. I’m sure they’ll have another 1st round pick from Lukoscious.

Only thing we haven’t had a full season with McStay as yet. Would 2MP offer more than if McStay and Mihocek are playing regularly together? Is it Cox that makes way for him? Or is he depth? I don’t know.
It’s definitely Cox that makes way.

I’ve always looked at trading as paying the value that player is worth to your club as opposed to what he may be worth in the general market.

GC aren’t far off. If Rioli is someone they really need to provide run from the half back, as well as premiership experience, then it’s a no brainer paying pick 6.

Similarly, if they value Noble’s work ethic, durability, finals experience and hard running, then I’m sure they would have no problem giving up pick 20. I’m sure they’ll have another 1st round pick from Lukoscious.
If the Suns get a first rounder for Lukosious it will be highway robbery unless the Suns are paying a big chunk of his salary.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back