List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

5 weeks til trade period we’ll get there eventually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That why it sucks missing Final as have over a Month of Trade/FA Speculation and not many Announcements on it Officially

So the choice is a bloke who can’t play more than 4 games a season or someone who was dropped from a side who went worse than us this year…
Thankfully our recruiters are a little sharper than ignoring potential recruits from teams worse than us.
For example, they are not foolish enough to dismiss Phillips, because NM finished below us.

Last edited:

I personally think if we can get out of a trade period with the following, we've done pretty well:
  • Peatling and Davies to add to our midfield pieces. Both would fill that big body, contested hole we've been missing in our midfield, especially as I have concerns over how a 31 year old Titch is going to return in '25.
  • Mark Keane, a much improved player this year that I think could be a key piece in our backline
  • Peter Wright, probably the best available KPF. Quality player that's been a bit maligned at Essendon the last 1-2 years

The most important thing is it keeps our "powder dry" for 2025, none of those deals are going to force us to dip too deeply into our bag of picks for next year and all 4 of them would be on average-modest salaries. This year strikes me as a bit of a "pick the eyes out of what's available" type market, and planning to launch some big offers or raids in 2025.

As far as we know right now, the market isn't overly exciting unless you are a WA club (Bolton, Baker etc) or the Hawks (Barrass, Battle, SMith?), and the other potentially available prospects either aren't a need or aren't to an overly high level. All 4 of those guys I listed can realistically hold a spot for us in 2025 and beyond, and puts in a great position to target FA's like LDU or Oscar Allen or 2026 Pre Agents like Ben King or Aaron Cadman if any of them were to be available in 12 months time.

I'll throw this into the trade thread for what it's worth. Heard from one of our players ( what would they really know? ) that we are very, very progressed with securing 'he of the leonine torso' and also realigning draft picks, dollars and tarot cards in order for 'too injured Tom' to stroll across Swan street.

I give up. Who is “he of the leonine torso”?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I personally think if we can get out of a trade period with the following, we've done pretty well:
  • Peatling and Davies to add to our midfield pieces. Both would fill that big body, contested hole we've been missing in our midfield, especially as I have concerns over how a 31 year old Titch is going to return in '25.
  • Mark Keane, a much improved player this year that I think could be a key piece in our backline
  • Peter Wright, probably the best available KPF. Quality player that's been a bit maligned at Essendon the last 1-2 years

The most important thing is it keeps our "powder dry" for 2025, none of those deals are going to force us to dip too deeply into our bag of picks for next year and all 4 of them would be on average-modest salaries. This year strikes me as a bit of a "pick the eyes out of what's available" type market, and planning to launch some big offers or raids in 2025.

As far as we know right now, the market isn't overly exciting unless you are a WA club (Bolton, Baker etc) or the Hawks (Barrass, Battle, SMith?), and the other potentially available prospects either aren't a need or aren't to an overly high level. All 4 of those guys I listed can realistically hold a spot for us in 2025 and beyond, and puts in a great position to target FA's like LDU or Oscar Allen or 2026 Pre Agents like Ben King or Aaron Cadman if any of them were to be available in 12 months time.

Might not necessarily be the same names (eg. Peatling has said he wants to stay at GWS, Crows may want a steeper price for Keane than we'd like) but I agree with the concept:

A) A couple of fringe mids who have already shown they can play a role at AFL level to help us on the inside at stoppages and free up Nicky

B) A KPD capable of playing lock down on taller opponents to free up Darcy, I suspect we're pinning our hopes on Dean as an interceptor so it's more of a taller lockdown defender we need.

C) Another target up forward medium or tall forward to take a bit of pressure off Dan and Brody.

If we can manage that type of haul without having to give up our future 1st that would basically be manna from heaven for us next year, especially if we could use said future 1st to move back into the 1st round this year.

Exclusive footage of Stringer training:
View attachment 2099002

This is my visual of the fat lazy one

Video Games GIF by South Park

Sydney seem the landing spot for stringer of he leaves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good article today about Stringer. Stating he is only on $400K and he had a comparable season to Stengle who was AA and better season than Toby Greene who is on $1m. Indicated Essendon's risk of lowballing him may come back to hurt them in a big way

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good article today about Stringer. Stating he is only on $400K and he had a comparable season to Stengle who was AA and better season than Toby Greene who is on $1m. Indicated Essendon's risk of lowballing him may come back to hurt them in a big way

400 is ridiculously low for a player like him

400k does seem low. Like minimum wage especially with the cap increase
But he is over 30 now.

Thankfully our recruiters are a little sharper than ignoring potential recruits from teams worse than us.
For example, they are not foolish enough to dismiss Phillips, because NM finished below us.

A slight point to clarify.

It's not necessarily about AFL teams worse than us.

It's more that some of these players are VFL players in those teams.

Unless they have a nailed on defined role then I don't see the point. Surely we can do better.

Last edited:

The one thing they probably missed is how Stringer will react to getting paid, that's the big worry for anyone entertaining the prospect of bringing him across.

A fit and consistently firing Stringer would attract interest from 17 other clubs no doubt even at his age, but that's not what he appears to bringing to the table nowadays.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back