List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes it is. I've lived up the coast of Australia as far as Brisbane and traveled as far as Townsville. As much as I liked the heat and countryside in my 20's, I still prefer Tas. I was greeted by a Tassie Devil in 2021, story is in the welcome or newbie thread I think.
Disappointing to see you barrack for Clarence though.

Tomlinson makes Billy frampton look like Peter knights he’s that bad
Stay away from him as king size donkey

Not really Dave, he was the best forward available and you have to back your culture and development programs. I'd argue he played a lot better for us than he has (so far) for the Catters. BUT having said that no other Victorian Club has the "go home" factor that Geelong has and their "Falcons Academy" and accompanying feeder private schools all contribute to a fair few of these "lads" having a fairly well developed sense of entitlement. Couple that with some "do anything for a dollar" managers and advisors and the Cats are on a pretty good wicket when it comes to retrieving their homegrown talent.
He's a bit of an old fashioned player type. Needs to be at a club that hits up blokes leading at the footy, but Cats want him pushing high up the ground and running back forward.

Yes it is. I've lived up the coast of Australia as far as Brisbane and traveled as far as Townsville. As much as I liked the heat and countryside in my 20's, I still prefer Tas. I was greeted by a Tassie Devil in 2021, story is in the welcome or newbie thread I think.
On one trip to Tassie, I spent a few days on Bruny Island - just a wonderful place.
A pub with great meals, a winery, an oyster farm, a distillery, a cheesery, great fishing and scenery.
Who could ask for more?

I agree that a redeveloped Blundstone seems a better choice. Also closer to the airport.

But the argument for the new stadium - setting aside the cost which admittedly is hard to set aside - is that it will be walking distance to the Hobart CBD, and part of a precinct which the state government wants to regenerate, with benefits to local businesses etc. So while it will cost the earth, there are expected to be related economic benefits which go beyond the initial employment benefits.

I’m sure one of our resident Big Footy Van Demonians will set me straight on this.

But I’m not an apologist for the new stadium. Why not upgrade Blundstone and let the new club settle in and develop, before committing $ to the new stadium?

The roof is a furphy.
Hi mate definitely not upgrading Blundstone,it's the worst ground in the competition and as a spectator sitting there is horrible, cricket Tasmania are in the process of getting out of there as it's seen as being unviable,
The idea behind the new stadium with a roof is that a game can be played there at any time of the day or night, where as it's no coincidence that all of belerieves games are day games due to the coldness of Hobart winter nights and the breeze off the water.. also the new stadium is being built at 23,000 capacity but designed in such a way a further 17,000 seats can be added as needed without the need to alter the roof structure ect.

Not fussed if Keane doesn’t come Dean and Frampton can do the job with a bit of mix and matching
People forgot the Frampton did a pretty good job on Daniher at the Gabba in round 4 and did well on McKay twice and well as some other decent performances and Dean after a iffy start to his career did well i a number of games
Think the focus should be on Peatling and Davies and a forward
Maybe we could look at Wade Dekersen from GWS hasn’t played but a big unit who played well at both ends in the VFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any truth in the rumour that we are speaking to Lukosius‘ management?
He could be a good get if we can sort his contract price out.
No. Not anymore.
We only enquired if it was a salary dump
It was speculated on gettable, we arent that interested.

Lots of Richmond connections here involved that all know each other well

Hardwick
Leppitsch
Fly

I’d ask overs and start the negotiations from there

Everyone in here wants to ask for overs
Everyone in here wants to offer unders
Everyone in here wants to under pay and offer shorter length contracts

When you add it all together you end up with Hind and Keane and don't improve

Not fussed if Keane doesn’t come Dean and Frampton can do the job with a bit of mix and matching
People forgot the Frampton did a pretty good job on Daniher at the Gabba in round 4 and did well on McKay twice and well as some other decent performances and Dean after a iffy start to his career did well i a number of games
Think the focus should be on Peatling and Davies and a forward
Maybe we could look at Wade Dekersen from GWS hasn’t played but a big unit who played well at both ends in the VFL
Keane staying probably means Eyre is safe.

Well he has stated to needing professional help due to PTSD over it and has insomnia because of it.

That's not a normal kinda worried but I'll get over it reaction.

Wether it's long lasting or temporary is anyone's guess, hence the caution.

What happens if he loses his will to take hits or physically put his body on the line. Is he the same player?

Sorry for my tardiness in responding.

The Age article is the most comprehensive I've read and there was no mention of a diagnosed PTSD, that's your conclusion. All it says is that he's struggling with the trauma of the surgery and his injuries. It was a significant surgery and was extremely stressful upon his partner and family so that's hardly surprising. He's said he's uncertain about his playing future. Again, not surprising given the significance of his injuries. He also said he's suffering some insomnia. Insomnia is something that everyday stress can indeed cause. He's seeing a phycologist (not a physiatrist). Again not confirmation that there's a mental health issue, just good common-sense management of a traumatic experience. Salient paragraphs cited below.

Christian Petracca has revealed he is suffering from insomnia and seeing a trauma psychologist to deal with the aftermath of his life-threatening football injury, while AFL great Matthew Lloyd reported that some of the Melbourne superstar’s teammates believed it was time for Petracca to leave the Demons.

“It’s been really, really tough. Probably the most traumatic thing I’ve experienced in my life,” Petracca said on the Howie Games podcast. “The trauma of everything … it’s actually not necessarily the incident of it, it’s the aftermath of it. The surgery in general was a really traumatic experience: being awake for it, internal bleeding, wasn’t able to be put to sleep under anaesthetic. I can think of every single thing happening at that time.

“This must have been 3am in the morning. I didn’t know at the time; I was drugged up. Bella [Petracca’s partner] came to the ICU the next day and basically said that at three in the morning … we got the number off the surgeon because he called to say you might not make it, basically. He’s in critical condition.”

Asked if there were fears he might not survive the operation, Petracca replied: “Yeah, because there was internal bleeding and everything. So [I was] in serious and critical condition. For me, it was more that, that hit home rather than the actual injury itself. I’ll be fine physically, and I’ll be able to train and get back to playing and everything. It’s just more that ... the people around you feel it more than you.

Ash had a great game and kicked 5 goals in the VFL - should have played seniors the next week.

Fly (as he is entitled to do) - said I want to see more from Ash

I reckon that was the moment Ash was like 'whats the point, i won't be playing seniors anytime soon' and put the cue in the rack.
If he can’t understand there’s more to being a forward than just kicking goals in the modern game, and gives up when told so, then he doesn’t deserve to be on an AFL list.

His words alone are enough to trigger my similar trauma. Mens mental health is brushed aside so much and not supported as the community would say it is. Comments by Lyon and Swartz who have claimed the ‘mental health card’ in the past disgust me.

I have stopped actively engaging in the Petracca rhetoric because I heard what he said on the podcast and sympathised with him having gone through something similar.

There is only one side to this equation and Melbourne especially coach CEO and president should have come out and publicly wrapped their arms around him with love like they did Oliver. If I was Trac I could not fathom the disparity in the treatment of the two.

Trac has spoken and it’s about the trauma and recovery. People don’t listen.

I don’t care now where he plays as long as he is surrounded by a great support system.

The way MFC and the media have handled this from a trade angle is naive and ignorant.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hear hear. Had my own issues over the journey so definitely not trying to minimise or dismiss mental health. Just questioning whether Trac actually has a mental health issue or is just struggling with the injury, surgery and recovery which in itself shouldn't be minimised.

Reports that Beams and Barham were seen leaving a Derrimut cafe this morning. Yet to be known if they said goodbye to one another.
I heard some tables were flipped. The feud lives on!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back