List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Frampton might not be the answer down back but he might improve if just left in defence to get his bearings, instead of filling holes every other week.

If you watch him play from week to week then you'd quicky realise that he is not the solution as a lockdown KPD., simply doesn't have the resilience to play tight one on one consistently well, once his opponent had a couple of metres on him he pretty much gives up on the contest and literally throws his hands up in the air a lot of the time.

Also has zero physicality in his game at times, any sort of body contact seems to throw him off especially when he's having a bad day.

I wouldn't be opposed to getting Day in for nothing?

Basically same age as Checkers but much taller and I don't think has an injury history?

Worst case he's depth at least because we clearly don't see a spot for Kreuger

As in Sam Day? He's been a bit of an injury magnet over the journey and his statement after news broke that the Suns were delisting him looked like more of a retirement speech.

My list management priorities, based on rumoured available targets:

1. Peatling/Davies
2. Houston
3. Stringer

CFC's midfield lacked depth but with the acquisition of Peatling/Davies and Mcguane in 2025/2026, the depth is solid. A heap of speed, endurance and skill in the list below but a lack size, IMO. Can see why the club would be interested in Davies, O'Driscoll and Long:

midfielders 25 and under
  • Josh Daicos 25 yrs 178 cm
  • Peatling 24 yrs 184 cm/Davies 22 yrs 191 cm
  • Nick Daicos 21 yrs 184 cm
  • Bobby Hill 24 yrs 175 cm
  • Beau McCreery 23 yrs 186 cm
  • Finlay Macrae 22 yrs 188 cm
  • Harvey Harrison 20 yrs 181 cm
  • Joey Richards 24 yrs 177 cm
  • Edward Allen 20 yrs 194 cm
  • Will Parker 22 yrs 183 cm
  • Ned Long 22 yrs 194 cm
  • Harry Demattia 18 yrs 186 cm
  • Thomas McGuane 16 yrs 177 cm

Keane is 1cm shorter and only 3kg heavier. They’re virtually the same size and Keane was absolutely destroyed by a bigger body in Armatey this year.

You’re posting nonsense.

I've said it before, that half of football was an outlier, crows half forwards and mids were repeatedly letting the swans waltz down the field under zero pressure and they were hitting targets inside F50 lace out on the tit over and over again.

Would have been near impossible for anyone to stop and the crows defence is more than a bit leaky even at the best of times, so they had no hope in that particular situation.

With Barass and Battle nominating the hawks I’d be seeing if we can shake on if their existing defenders out. I see the hawks have made reassurances to Frost.

Was thinking the same this morning. No room for Denver Grainger-Barrass back there next year. Pick 6 from a few years ago. 22, 30 odd games, 194cm. Not super tall but could take the Murphy role. Not sure of contract status.

Not a sexy pick but a James Blanck too. Missed all of 2024 with an ACL but a dour/solid full back. Cost ND a Brownlow when smashing into him last year but could forgive if he joined us! lol

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

With Barass and Battle nominating the hawks I’d be seeing if we can shake on if their existing defenders out. I see the hawks have made reassurances to Frost.
Blanck and DGB the only ones we could realistically pry out. DGB we could get for free if he gets delisted anyway, but he hasn’t shown a lot admittedly

Blanck and DGB the only ones we could realistically pry out. DGB we could get for free if he gets delisted anyway, but he hasn’t shown a lot admittedly
re DGB, yep, no point taking them if they're not much chop

Edit: couldn't care less about "sexy", just want the best

They also have a genuine home ground advantage, there is benefit not being Collingwood as well. Stengel gets done for ODing the media drop it. If it was a Collingwood player we’d be screwed.

half the problem for collingwood players is that Pie fans run around like seagulls looking for any morsel of news about the pies....and the media knows it and makes up stories to get the clicks....

If we ever become Geelong like, you can almost guarantee rules around trading etc would be changed.

Geelong hold firm on a guy wanting to return home to be with family (Tim Kelly) - tick

Geelong want a guy to return home - tick

Jack Bowes salary dump - tick

Tyson Stengle - night club incident. All good. - tick

In terms of recruits for the midfield, I would be going for Macrae either as a salary cap dump with a second rounder coming out way or if the Bulldogs take on his salary then maybe we give them a third rounder in return. He clearly is in Bevos bad books - has to leave. Alternative maybe Ollie Wines.

geelong knowing how to pick a good AFL player - tick

The cats do seem to do so much right with recruiting etc and always seem to be up challenging year on year. With that said in the afl era it’s cats 4 flags and pies 3 flags, it’s just ours have been spaced out much more
Same number of flags between 2010-2023.
They have a win rate at GMHBA over 80% which gives them a walk up start to finals every year.
We won a flag based on great recruitment which was lauded.

For me they one have ONE insurmountable advantage which is nonetheless irksome - Scott has proven to be a genius in how he’s managed a group who’ve been over the hill for 5 years.

They have a win rate at GMHBA over 80% which gives them a walk up start to finals every year.

For me they one have ONE insurmountable advantage which is nonetheless irksome - Scott has proven to be a genius in how he’s managed a group who’ve been over the hill for 5 years.
Yep have to agree with you, every year it’s like the cliff is coming but it never does.

I'd say their recruitment has more to do with it than Scott. Plucking players like Dempsey and humphries from nowhere is their strength.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be opposed to getting Day in for nothing?

Basically same age as Checkers but much taller and I don't think has an injury history?

Worst case he's depth at least because we clearly don't see a spot for Kreuger
Will Day for free would be great. I think you've got his age and position wrong though.

If you watch him play from week to week then you'd quicky realise that he is not the solution as a lockdown KPD., simply doesn't have the resilience to play tight one on one consistently well, once his opponent had a couple of metres on him he pretty much gives up on the contest and literally throws his hands up in the air a lot of the time.

Also has zero physicality in his game at times, any sort of body contact seems to throw him off especially when he's having a bad day.
Frampton when allowed to play the role has done some good jobs this year did well in both games against McKay and Curnow played well on Daniher at the Gabba and held Larkey goaless when he was moved on to him after he towel up Moore in the first quarter
Agreed he probably is not s long term answer but him mixing and matching with Dean next season these 2 are no worse that what has been mentioned as as possible options

Frosty’s been good this season, a good bounce back from being their whipping boy, but as someone said I think he’s committed to remaining with the Hawks

Is it Frost or more their defensive set up?

Surely, one team this finals series will make Sicily accountable and then we can see how the others defend 1 on 1. I don't want Frost at Collingwood.

Cats have got their own "Academy" down here. The Falcons, Private schools and local leagues all funnel their best to Geelong and the player managers and recruiters involved down here are well versed in getting their boys home even when they're picked up by other teams. Its a production line but Wellsy's spotters also do their job with the VFL and local leagues really well punctuated amongst their list. They've got the country boys covered, the "high Maintenence looking for a low key" and the young family men wanting to settle down amongst country surroundings and excellent schools.

Its a pretty easy sell.
Pretty boring place though unless you like surfing

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back