List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

They just recruit so well. They've got a good group of youngsters coming through picked from a handful of sawdust.
They do recruit well. It also helps when every incoming major trade becomes an Ambassador for one of their major sponsors. IDK what that entails but I don't see them in the media down here. Sounds like the gig Judd had with Visy, when he was wheeled out at Christmas events and Corporate functions for big $$$. I see Bailey Smith is also an Ambassador

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm still amased that people still think we had some sort of disasterous fail this year. We were a faries fart off being top 4. If we had just a modicum of luck we'd be filling the MCG this weekend. Sure, we need to bring in some talent and some young blood, but it is far from an apocalypse.
The problem is due to our age we have a short premiership window and so we’ve wasted a year.

Injuries have hurt us, but obviously we’ve come into the season underdone and my feeling is that that has contributed to the injury crisis.

It’s not the apocalypse, but it’s extremely disappointing for many reasons.

Same number of flags between 2010-2023.
They have a win rate at GMHBA over 80% which gives them a walk up start to finals every year.
We won a flag based on great recruitment which was lauded.

For me they one have ONE insurmountable advantage which is nonetheless irksome - Scott has proven to be a genius in how he’s managed a group who’ve been over the hill for 5 years.
You keep going on about the HGA. We play 15-16 games a year at the MCG. Cats play 9 games a year at Geelong. This year it was against Power, Giants, Adelaide, NM, WB, Saints, Hawks and Richmond and WCE. They won 6. They lost to Giants, Power and WB, fell in against STK.

Keeping an eye on Peatling today. Started quite well imo, looks strong over the footy.
I don’t know if any of the below are over or under but would we consider:
Our F1 for
  • Peatling + 2024 GWS 1st
  • peatling + fringe (eg Stone) + 2024 or 2025 2nd

You keep going on about the HGA. We play 15-16 games a year at the MCG. Cats play 9 games a year at Geelong. This year it was against Power, Giants, Adelaide, NM, WB, Saints, Hawks and Richmond and WCE. They won 6. They lost to Giants, Power and WB, fell in against STK.

How many teams share GMHBA with Geel?
Their historical wins rate is over 80%, with closer to 8/9 in a season than 6/9 this year.
If we had an 80% win rate at MCG as a sole tenant, you’d have a point, but sadly we don’t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is due to our age we have a short premiership window and so we’ve wasted a year.

Injuries have hurt us, but obviously we’ve come into the season underdone and my feeling is that that has contributed to the injury crisis.

It’s not the apocalypse, but it’s extremely disappointing for many reasons.
We have a good 30 or so young, mid aged and experienced players on our list who will be arouind for sometime yet. I'm not saying that they will all be AFL regulars but most are/will be. There is emerging talent IMO. I just think if we don't sell the farm and recruit wisely this year, we will be in a good position for future drafts and trades and we should be in contention for some time.

Unfortunately if he goes well today he won't be going anywhere. How is Harry Perryman going?

Playing full time mid, I highly doubt he’ll be moving either but he’s definitely the type we need.

Perryman for me is just a good solid role player. And doesn’t look any different at today’s game.

Would you move the world to get him? No, but also why would you leave to go to port or the crows?

How many teams share GMHBA with Geel?
Their historical wins rate is over 80%, with closer to 8/9 in a season than 6/9 this year.
If we had an 80% win rate at MCG as a sole tenant, you’d have a point, but sadly we don’t.
Collingwood playing their home games at the MCG is not Geelong's fault. Thats on us. So stop complaining about Geelong playing 9 home games a year. When 5 of their home games are interstate teams, where would you expect Geelong to play them? The other teams have always been the lesser supported teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back