List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Poster on Nick’s reckons we’ve put a 4 year deal in front of him and the GWS have other signing priorities so it’s now just down to his decision
(Just the messenger)
Up it to 5 & I'll be his personal thigh massager or offer 6 & I won't.

Poster on Nick’s reckons we’ve put a 4 year deal in front of him and the GWS have other signing priorities so it’s now just down to his decision
(Just the messenger)

Would be a huge get, I rekon he stays.

You only need to watch Calsher Dear and you’ll see there’s this fundamental problem that unless a KPP is a first round quality it’s not worth the investment.

He was pick 56 in last years draft…nobody bid on him despite being father son tied to hawks, basically nobody rated him.

He has been given the opportunity to also play games and he is thriving and building week to week.
He’s not the finished product by any stretch…but it’s an indictment on our list management team that we continue to overlook KPP unless they are of some sort of pedigree / status eg. High draft pick or already playing senior footy.
This isn’t actually true, we’ve just picked the wrong KPP’s later in the draft and they’ve been busts.

ND and RD - Gault, McLarty, McMahon, McCarthy.

Cat B’s - Richmond, Keane, Tohill

I’ve probably missed a couple. Of all 9 late ND, RD and cat B KPP that I can think of though our only 2 hits have been Cox and Checkers. Yes there are KPP that can make it who get picked late. But for every Calsher Dear there’s probably 10 late picked KPP who are busts too. That’s just the way it is.

Don’t disagree manic, but the selective bias towards our recruiting is a bit much. All clubs have hits and misses. Hawks picked up dear sure, they also spent a top 10 pick on DGB recently
We got Dane Swan around the same pick or thereabout.

So pay it!

Or we can pay unders and get nobody other than recycled hacks who spend three years in our VFL side before getting delisted.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Trust me, if I was in charge I’d be doing anything to get this bloke at our club. I'm sure a dozen other clubs are thinking that right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kennedy looked pissed getting subbed out so early in the game. Not for the first time he's been subbed out or completely overlooked. Someone worth looking at!

Apparently, according to the Blues board, he arrived later to Brisbane than the rest of the team because his wife is nearly due to give birth.

He was probably extra pissed being subbed off thinking he better not miss the birth of his baby only to be forced to watch that shite from the bench.

Geelong has a history of picking players from the lower leagues. It's one of the reasons that it will be going into a prelim....

We've had a couple of hits but we need to do more. I'm not sure Derek likes going to games watching mature aged footballers....If we going to dump a few players off the list, we might use the lower parts of the draft. to pick up more mature players and/or indigenous players in the WAFL and SANFL or similar levels.

THe other opening is irish players. I usually hate this kind of recruitment but it's desperate times. Derek's eyes will light up with the thoughts of a trip to ireland but we could send someone who knows what they're doing....for a change.
They got harry taylor, tim Kelly and Humphrey from the wafl late picks all gold

Interesting that according to an article in The Age today, we are shifting footy department spending from the GM position to recruiting. Wright came at a premium and they’ve decided the money is better spent on recruiting.

Can’t argue with that!
That's great news let's just hope we get value for money

Apparently, according to the Blues board, he arrived later to Brisbane than the rest of the team because his wife is nearly due to give birth.

He was probably extra pissed being subbed off thinking he better not miss the birth of his baby only to be forced to watch that shite from the bench.
His wife is not nearly due. She gave birth on Thursday. He is totally pissed off. Crazy Vossy leaves spuds Orazio. Williams , Durdin , Motlop on , the gift that keeps on giving is Vossy and the Blues. Another slab my way from their last Norm Smith medalist 😉

Interesting that according to an article in The Age today, we are shifting footy department spending from the GM position to recruiting. Wright came at a premium and they’ve decided the money is better spent on recruiting.

Can’t argue with that!

Hopefully they buy Hine some glasses.

Cats have great culture, which Swans can match. Pies are not too far behind. Notice how clean cut most Cats and Swans players are. Pies have mostly clean cut players but a few are rebel-like personalities like De Goey, McCreery with all their tattoos and off field interests. But Pies are up there with culture.

With that said, Pies need to join Cats and Swans at their tier. Would mean finals appearance at 80% rate

Could we bring in Wright and Stringer and play McStay in defence?
That would make me vomit. Our list is old enough and needs refreshing.

We have checkers, mcstay and Cox/Cameron as key fwd options, would prefer for us to get 2-3 young players this draft to develop

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back