List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda is just a waste of energy mate - especially in regard to draft misses.
I’ve always been a Hine fan
Used to love his post draft interviews
I’ll be honest and say the 2023 video changed my perception of him (whether that’s right / wrong - just my opinion)
The whole “we just went to the next on our list…” reeked to me smugness and arrogance

Anyway, let’s see how the 2024 period pans out, perhaps Cadman is on his way to us

He looked very slow on the weekend though.

Surprised to hear you say that. Haven’t seen him for a while but recall he used to be pretty quick. Not JFN fast but quick enough.

Yet despite all that it was pretty well publicised that Morris was well and truly on our radar so the likelihood your theory is wrong is pretty high.
My theory isn't that Morris wasn't on our radar. I jsut disagree with your view that we went the wrong player type and think that a runner was a player type that we should have been prioritising over an undersized tall forward. So if your suggestion that we rated HDM higher is true, picking him would have been a no brainer and ther's no way we should have gone a lesser rated undersized tall.

Al Bundy scored 4 touchdowns in a single game
Unlike 16yr old? Bundy,
I was 35 at the time, everyone else was 10 years younger at least, female and not playing gridiron 🤣
I think I did quite well considering it was my first year playing union as a skinny assed chick getting pummeled constantly 🤪

I disagree. Imo it’s a work ethic thing with him, he proved in his first 1.5 years with us that he could be an exceptionally damaging small/medium forward at a minimum. It wasn’t until he got suspended and went off the rails in terms of training (and interacting with team mates) that his game began to suffer.
I remember Bucks being so complimentary of him in year 1 about how hard he worked and telling him early that if he kept working hard (after a few quiet opening games) that results would follow and they did. It was a stark contrast to the reports of him shirking weights etc in the gym by the time he left us.
His body is a result of low training standards, not this ectomorph stuff people keep saying about him imo. Murphy came in to the system with a similar skinny build, the difference was he committed himself to building his frame and becoming the best version of himself he could. Stephenson committed himself to becoming a borderline star and then figured he could coast on talent alone after he made it.
Wrong, some players have the body type that can't put on weight and there's dozens of examples, Stevo is certainly in that category and imagine someone accusing Michael Tuck of having poor training standards, legendary tank and workrate and always as skinny as a twig, couldn't put on weight.

My theory isn't that Morris wasn't on our radar. I jsut disagree with your view that we went the wrong player type and think that a runner was a player type that we should have been prioritising over an undersized tall forward. So if your suggestion that we rated HDM higher is true, picking him would have been a no brainer and ther's no way we should have gone a lesser rated undersized tall.
SR, Hine is on record saying they rated him and had already worked out a trade w Richmond if he slid past Lions pick

The pick numbers bw HDM + Tigers pick were so close together and the value we were prepared to give up indicates our thoughts on him
It seems odd that for team balance they didn’t go w Morris and think about a trade up for HDM (as they were pretty sure Reid and Morris would go at top of 2nd)

Anyway, NS is right, it’s done, it just doesn’t make sense 12 months on

SR, Hine is on record saying they rated him and had already worked out a trade w Richmond if he slid past Lions pick

The pick numbers bw HDM + Tigers pick were so close together and the value we were prepared to give up indicates our thoughts on him
It seems odd that for team balance they didn’t go w Morris and think about a trade up for HDM (as they were pretty sure Reid and Morris would go at top of 2nd)

Anyway, NS is right, it’s done, it just doesn’t make sense 12 months on
I know we rated him. My point is that if we rated him and HDM the same, we should have gone HDM as it's the player type we need more urgently for the future with our oldies and it's a more influential player type - it's only going best available and rating Morris higher that we would have taken Morris first. Taking HDM first isn't one to use to criticise a best available policy over. It may or not turn out to be one to criticise our player ratings over. **** knows if HDM will become good.

Last edited:
Wrong, some players have the body type that can't put on weight and there's dozens of examples, Stevo is certainly in that category and imagine someone accusing Michael Tuck of having poor training standards, legendary tank and workrate and always as skinny as a twig, couldn't put on weight.
Stevo should follow my diet. Would put on 10 kg in a week.

Surprised to hear you say that. Haven’t seen him for a while but recall he used to be pretty quick. Not JFN fast but quick enough.
I dont watch a lot of dogs games, but just watching that game this weekend, Its what I thought when he had the ball. I was afraid he was gonna get caught.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once again I think this was one of his dumb rigid best available on his list rules. Morris was clearly on our radar and would likely have been rated near our first pick.
It’s too early to write off Harry, because at a minimum he has the right work ethic, but I agree it’s a bitter pill to swallow watching a player like Morris playing finals for a strong team like Brisbane in his first year when he was exactly the kind of marking forward we could have used this year in the constant absence of both Mihocek and McStay.
Pray we some how manage to snag Lions 1st maybe we ge Jobe Shanahan

Unlike 16yr old? Bundy,
I was 35 at the time, everyone else was 10 years younger at least, female and not playing gridiron 🤣
I think I did quite well considering it was my first year playing union as a skinny assed chick getting pummeled constantly 🤪
Reminds me of playing a year or two of Gaelic football at a similar age. I definitely got sat on my arse at least once.

I don't. It's becoming more and more of a runners game and ours are getting old. Morris is going to be a good player, but he's not the right size to be a structural piece and his teams will succeed more on the blokes higher up the ground giving him better chances than him being better at making the most of those chances. I think we wen't the right player type - unless Morris was rated as likely to become a heap better at his role - which may very well be the case - time will tell.

I agree with SR. Our boy looks more like a contested beast. He's going to run through packs in a year or two. Well done derek...Morris is too tall anyway. The game is moving away from anyone over 190cm. He only kicked 20 goals in his first year...

Reminds me of playing a year or two of Gaelic football at a similar age. I definitely got sat on my arse at least once.
🤣 it's fun isn't it! I was told before my first game, "go into a tackle 100% because if you don't, you'll get hurt", so that's what I did, I ran flat out at brick walls. My first tackle realigned my back 😂

There were actual reports of his poor training standards and the ectomorph theory is a myth. There’s actual scientific evidence proving that even those body types can have significant gains with the correct diet and training program.
Why would anyone have accused Tuck of poor training standards, just because he was skinny like Stephenson? Unless you’re trying to infer that the only reason I said Stephenson had poor standards was because he was skinny? If that’s the case then you’re completely wrong. Again.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back