List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

20s, Sam. You’re a journalist.
(Unless this was written by a speech bot from live broadcast)
It’s from a live broadcast, and tbh, journos have never really been responsible for spelling/grammar/punctuation. That’s the role of editors, and it’s something that’s drastically gone downhill over the past 30 years.

It’s from a live broadcast, and tbh, journos have never really been responsible for spelling/grammar/punctuation. That’s the role of editors, and it’s something that’s drastically gone downhill over the past 30 years.
Cmon Pexy - it was the proof readers doing that. A noble occupation within the Fourth Estate.

no you're right...he had that dominant one season where he averaged 10 hit outs a game and about 12 disposals.....and he kicked one massive goal early in the season. It was his only one but it was a beauty. People still talk about it.

If we are still talking about Fellowes, his brother was a regular on the boards, at the pubs pre match and often in standing room.

You both could have asked him any questions.

Our drafting has been good for the picks we have had. Players like Ginnivan, Noble, Mihocek, Maynard and Harrison are AFL standard and late, rookie or midseason picks. Most clubs struggle to make late picks work. Have you seriously looked into all 18 clubs and their drafting? Despite our poor draft picks we have finished top 4 close to half the time since Hine took over in 2005.

You're right. I'm convinced.

You are correct. I just looked at the 2020 Draft when we chose Henry (no longer at the club), Fin McRae (still to show anything that would convince one that he will become a regular AFL player), Reef McInnes (whereby the same applies to him as McRae), Liam McMahon (desisted) & one other whose name escapes me.

You are correct. I just looked at the 2020 Draft for example when we chose Henry (no longer at the club), Fin McRae (still to show anything that would convince one that he will become a regular AFL player), Reef McInnes (whereby the same applies to him as McRae), Caleb Poulter (delisted & now playing at another club) & Liam McMahon (delisted). I think that apart from Henry, it was a pretty poor selection of draftees in my opinion.
From that draft, we picked Henry, Ginnivan, McCreery and Oliver who should all have decent careers. Believe it or not, but 4 from 7 in the range we picked is actually good drafting.

Last edited:
Cmon Pexy - it was the proof readers doing that. A noble occupation within the Fourth Estate.
My bad, yes proof readers. They don’t seem to exist anymore unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch Cleary said Hawks arent out of the race for Smith yet, but still expects him to go to Geelong. Has been looking for houses down there.
Dont see what Hawks would even give up for him given they have Barass
Someone posted he'd already bought down there. More BS?

He's apparently not asking for a huge, long term contract either.

The hype is still going on about him on this board, it’s like there’s a cult around Reef and it’s never his fault for being dropped and he just needs another pre season. Never seen such an average player get so much love and average player is being generous as he doesn’t even dominate the VFL. It’s time to say goodbye
He can play, I disagree with this, maybe give the bloke a run of half a dozen games in a row and the see.
Funny that’s how other clubs develop their players, I could name a ton of players who have been ordinary i their first 20 games but come good because of extended exposure at the highest level.
Collingwood has become a bit too reliant on the older players and this is part of the reason why.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back