List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder how Busslinger is travelling? Another young tall who can’t seem to break-in to the team.
He's been pretty consistent for the Doggies all year at VFL level:

1725872328520.png
1725872193676.png

Probably only another solid pre-season and 4-5 kgs away from pushing one of the old guard out in the Doggies backline, Jones is 33 next year, Lobb 32, only other KPDs after that are Ryan Gardner (0 games at AFL level / 7 games at VFL level due to foot and wrist injuries) and James O'Donnell (Cat B Rookie).

Busslinger turned 20 years old back in March, so he's due to start really filling out and developing that AFL KPP physique during this off season.

Our drafting has been good for the picks we have had. Players like Ginnivan, Noble, Mihocek, Maynard and Harrison are AFL standard and late, rookie or midseason picks. Most clubs struggle to make late picks work. Have you seriously looked into all 18 clubs and their drafting? Despite our poor draft picks we have finished top 4 close to half the time since Hine took over in 2005.
Hard to be too critical when we were 1 point off a GF in 2022 and won a premiership in 2023.

It would be good to draft an A-grade talent. I think that’s probably also a result of not having many top 10 picks over the years. Part of this has probably been a result of overpaying. 2x 1st round picks for Treloar, 2x 1st round picks for Beams, losing pick 2 for a couple of second round picks and now losing pick 10.

It also seemed in the earlier years, we were a little behind when it came to packaging draft picks to move higher up the draft order. Having said that, what would I know? Maybe we tried it but couldn’t get a deal over the line.

I might be the only one on here that really really doesn’t want that to happen
Not the only one, seems like opposition coaches have figured out that the best way to minimise Daniel's impact off half back is to go through his direct opponent and make him defend which he isn't great at, especially in the air (for obvious reasons).

He's been pretty consistent for the Doggies all year at VFL level:

View attachment 2106121
View attachment 2106119

Probably only another solid pre-season and 4-5 kgs away from pushing one of the old guard out in the Doggies backline, Jones is 33 next year, Lobb 32, only other KPDs after that are Ryan Gardner (0 games at AFL level / 7 games at VFL level due to foot and wrist injuries) and James O'Donnell (Cat B Rookie).

Busslinger turned 20 years old back in March, so he's due to start really filling out and developing that AFL KPP physique during this off season.
I wonder if there’s any way we could shake him out of the Doggies.

A 20 yr old key backman who has the potential to improve would be ideal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if there’s any way we could shake him out of the Doggies.

A 20 yr old key backman who has the potential to improve would be ideal.

Another two years on his contract and a pretty clear path to a spot at AFL level would probably mean a pretty firm no in answer to that question.

The Doggie's glut is up forward, not down back, unless they pull a switcheroo and decide to push Naughton back which probably wouldn't be the worst idea for them, given the impending log jam they have up forward.

Have heard Caleb Daniels is a done deal as a Noble replacement
Not sure how to feel
Came into this thread to suggest him as a better option than previously. A month ago I said you couldn't play Noble and Daniel in the same side, so I wasn't into Caleb. But with JFN now out of here, Daniel is a nice stopgap and I reckon the Dogs will fix us up by paying some of his salary.

To Caleb's credit, he's always performed in finals. Check his career numbers in September - very good typically. Polled several times in the Gary Ayres votes, and in the 2021 Norm Smith votes. Played well on Friday night too despite having a rough year with selection.

Cross one off

SUN TO STAY​

GOLD Coast midfielder Alex Davies has turned his back on interest in Victoria to remain with the Suns.

Collingwood and Geelong had expressed interested in the 22-year-old inside bull, but the Suns' Academy graduate has opted to re-sign with Gold Coast.

Davies has played 32 games for the Queensland club since joining the AFL list at the end of 2020, producing some of his best performances yet in the closing weeks of 2024 under new coach Damien Hardwick.

With Matt Rowell, Noah Anderson and Touk Miller in Gold Coast's engine room, Davies has struggled for regular opportunities at AFL level, but has committed to staying and will finalise a two-year extension in the coming days.

The Magpies are in the market for an inside midfielder to complement Craig McRae's midfield and will now turn their attention elsewhere, with Greater Western Sydney's James Peatling and Essendon's Ben Hobbs two other options they are considering.

Out-of-contract mature-age recruits Lachie Sullivan, Ned Long and Jack Bytel are all waiting to see what unfolds over the coming weeks before final contract decisions are made for 2025.

No doubt the media will paint the narrative as a player who has been battling personal demons, recovering from injury, needs a fresh start and what better place than a club like Geelong. Where he can connect with mother nature and be closer to Cotton on Clothing.

His mullet will blend in seamlessly into the town and he won't be noticed.

Match made in heaven.

Way too many straight shiny white teeth to go with the mullet, punters at the local pub will become suspicious almost immediately...

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back