List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

He still would've got to Geelong. No one was going to take a look who made his intentions very well

He still would've got to Geelong. No one was going to take a look who made his intentions very well known
AFL May have to put in a few rules to stop players only going to club of their choice. Geelong and hawks seem to get everyone. Maybe if they leave there club without a fair deal they go into a draft. If a side drafts them and they refuse to go they have to sit out a year while clubs get compensation.

AFL May have to put in a few rules to stop players only going to club of their choice. Geelong and hawks seem to get everyone. Maybe if they leave there club without a fair deal they go into a draft. If a side drafts them and they refuse to go they have to sit out a year while clubs get compensation.

Player's Association won't agree with you.

Just spitballing ideas…

Wonder if Noble, 48 and 50 would get us Pick 20 from Gold Coast? Maybe pick 37 from Port for Richards?

I’d be pretty content in a deep draft going in with 20, 26, 37.

Or even try to get the Richards pick done first and bundle up 37, 48, 50 with Noble for both 20 & 26?

Leaving us with 20, 26 and 32…

Obviously that’s prefaced on the basis that we miss out on trade targets like Peatling, Hobbs etc.

But ultimately it’s pretty advantageous that Noble has actually chosen GCS since they just need points. It could allow us to really upgrade our draft hand by bundling up picks.
I think the way the cards are falling this would be my preferred option. Peatling I doubt leaves GWS, as he was one of their best on the weekend. Hobbs I dont like one bit. Bundling picks to upgrade higher into the draft makes sense particuarly given this is meant to be a strong draft.

An interesting comparison between Rioli and Noble. Rioli is being talked about as at least pick 6, yet Noble and Rioli about on a par from a statistical standpoint. I think Noble on his own should land pick 20.

Obviously Cotton On aren't going to throw away money, what business is? But even if they just said to Bailey Smith they'd give him 100k extra if he'll take 100k less on his Geelong contract... that's still salary cap cheating.

I'm sure they'd never do that though....

Like others unless we are trading back that bloke from the hawks can we stfu about him. Theres no place for him in this thread. Again and again and again. FFS. Take your opinion to other team news

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Who are you talking about?

So sick of geelong thinking they can get whoever they want for bugger all, I can’t wait until a out of contract player requests a trade from them and another club royally screws them in the deal
Yes but they get their man.

Having played 13 prelims in 18 years, you really have to admire the way they go about trading, which has been crucial to their success. Each year they target available high-end talent (Dangerfield, Henderson, Tuohy, Rohan, Dahlhaus, Cameron, Smith, Higgins, Stengle, Bowes, Bruhn, Henry) and this year they will bring in Bailey Smith.

They are also shrewd enough to hold firm on what they get for players on the way out. They turn Tim Kelly as a mature player taken at pick 24 into 2 first round picks from West Coast. Smart trading. Not to mention pay bottom dollars for players coming in like Henry for pick 25.

They also have a happy knack of plucking players from obscurity in local Geelong leagues (Tom Stewart pick 40, Grien Miers pick 57, Tom Atkins rookie) all inspired selections.

Overall their drafting is strong. They just get the balance right between trading in talent and topping up through the draft and nailing selections.

I love seeing Geeling getting beaten - but love the way they go about building their list - results speaks for themselves. Just compare the record over the past 18 years (13 Prelims), and the Bumbers who havent won a final in 20 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They won't be quibbling over picks
They don't need more youngsters
They need proven older players that can lead
In fact I wouldn't be surprised if we get pick 20 plus a sweetener

Agree with this… except I think it’s pick 26 plus sweetener swap of late or future picks

Or a lesser pick but with a player attached (fiorini?)

Great if noble does stay on… have always been a fan

but I don’t think the trade is a difficult one to facilitate unless 3rd party other clubs get involved

And by offering a 4 year deal the suns are keen enough to make it happen from their end

Cotton On doesn’t have a winery. Scott Austin, the principal Owner of Cotton On’s relative (cousin I think) has a winery. And I wouldn’t call Austin’s, or moreso 6ft6, a hobby…

Sure Cotton On is privately owned, so the distinction is blurry. But the point I was trying to make is that Cotton On, can’t afford to waste money. Heck it scrapped it’s annual Staff Christmas Party and heaps of other normal business expenses.

So unless Nigel is paying Bailey out of his own pockets, which would be bizarre, I’d say the deal is likely pretty fair and at arms length.
My mail is different.

Not saying that the Smith deal isn’t legitimate.
But I do believe that the family is well and truly financed and that the links are a little more intertwined.

Ginni. We’re coming up to a year since he was traded and people still haven’t gotten over it

Thankfully the mods have moved the chat to his thread so it’s not gonna derail the FA thread
Mods can we please stop this Ginni talk!

Agree with this… except I think it’s pick 26 plus sweetener swap of late or future picks

Or a lesser pick but with a player attached (fiorini?)

Great if noble does stay on… have always been a fan

but I don’t think the trade is a difficult one to facilitate unless 3rd party other clubs get involved

And by offering a 4 year deal the suns are keen enough to make it happen from their end
Pick 20 until 30 seconds before the bell and then settle for 26. I'd hold tight on 20 and just keep him if we don't get 20

You just know we're gonna scrape the barrel with someone like Hind/Tomlinson lol
Hind to his credit is a good player. Had a very good run of form for the Dons and is a swingman who can play DEF and FWD. Would not mind him whatsoever as a stopgap, especially considering he’d cost nothing to bring in. IMO was stiff to be delisted and Dons fans online tend to agree

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back