List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Similar to last year there has been no leaks from the club, we are probably into someone that hasn't been reported in the media.
Someone or a few I reckon, we’re pretty good at keeping those moves under wraps

Shoota’s move wasn’t reported until the last days of the trade period and there was no hints before then.

I’m interested to see how Leppa handles this trade period

Someone or a few I reckon, we’re pretty good at keeping those moves under wraps

Shoota’s move wasn’t reported until the last days of the trade period and there was no hints before then.

I’m interested to see how Leppa handles this trade period
tbf, it wasnt until he went home at the end of the season that it was something he decided.
Club only got wind of the decision late.
So its not something that was planned.

those kind of trades will be few in between.

I'm agreeing with you but I'm a little bit scared to admit it. I think he's well and truly worth a rookie spot.

Wrong. You've got no idea. You know nothing about ...

Sorry. Just channeling Carl

He's worth letting him trial for a rookie spot.

Yes but they get their man.

Having played 13 prelims in 18 years, you really have to admire the way they go about trading, which has been crucial to their success. Each year they target available high-end talent (Dangerfield, Henderson, Tuohy, Rohan, Dahlhaus, Cameron, Smith, Higgins, Stengle, Bowes, Bruhn, Henry) and this year they will bring in Bailey Smith.

They are also shrewd enough to hold firm on what they get for players on the way out. They turn Tim Kelly as a mature player taken at pick 24 into 2 first round picks from West Coast. Smart trading. Not to mention pay bottom dollars for players coming in like Henry for pick 25.

They also have a happy knack of plucking players from obscurity in local Geelong leagues (Tom Stewart pick 40, Grien Miers pick 57, Tom Atkins rookie) all inspired selections.

Overall their drafting is strong. They just get the balance right between trading in talent and topping up through the draft and nailing selections.

I love seeing Geeling getting beaten - but love the way they go about building their list - results speaks for themselves. Just compare the record over the past 18 years (13 Prelims), and the Bumbers who havent won a final in 20 years.
They seem to develop players well focusing on the individual talents

Wrong. You've got no idea. You know nothing about ...

Sorry. Just channeling Carl

He's worth letting him trial for a rookie spot.
He had a great first half of the year at HB and then injury and moving him forward stopped his momentum. Absolutely worth a free hit and runs like the wind. Please don't tell carl, he scares me

Who are we talking about? Is that a nickname for a player?
I’ve heard that ginni is a real pig.

Guinea Pig Snow GIF by Storyful

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes but they get their man.

Having played 13 prelims in 18 years, you really have to admire the way they go about trading, which has been crucial to their success. Each year they target available high-end talent (Dangerfield, Henderson, Tuohy, Rohan, Dahlhaus, Cameron, Smith, Higgins, Stengle, Bowes, Bruhn, Henry) and this year they will bring in Bailey Smith.

They are also shrewd enough to hold firm on what they get for players on the way out. They turn Tim Kelly as a mature player taken at pick 24 into 2 first round picks from West Coast. Smart trading. Not to mention pay bottom dollars for players coming in like Henry for pick 25.

They also have a happy knack of plucking players from obscurity in local Geelong leagues (Tom Stewart pick 40, Grien Miers pick 57, Tom Atkins rookie) all inspired selections.

Overall their drafting is strong. They just get the balance right between trading in talent and topping up through the draft and nailing selections.

I love seeing Geeling getting beaten - but love the way they go about building their list - results speaks for themselves. Just compare the record over the past 18 years (13 Prelims), and the Bumbers who havent won a final in 20 years.
They also have a strict pay structure

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

They won't be quibbling over picks
They don't need more youngsters
They need proven older players that can lead
In fact I wouldn't be surprised if we get pick 20 plus a sweetener

Please don’t do this. That kind of talk is similar to the rubbish being pedaled by Tigers supporters in the Rioli thread…

Noble isn’t worth Pick 20 plus a sweetener.

I think the way the cards are falling this would be my preferred option. Peatling I doubt leaves GWS, as he was one of their best on the weekend. Hobbs I dont like one bit. Bundling picks to upgrade higher into the draft makes sense particuarly given this is meant to be a strong draft.

An interesting comparison between Rioli and Noble. Rioli is being talked about as at least pick 6, yet Noble and Rioli about on a par from a statistical standpoint. I think Noble on his own should land pick 20.
Rioli finished top 5 in the B&F. That is where De Goey finishes.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back