List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t believe they’d make him available as they’d be selling him at his bottom price but if he was put up, you’d have to look into Adam Cerra
He’s been makeshifted in every position by crazy Vossy due to the fact they have 5,000 mids. But he has to come cheap considering 5 hammys in a year

Kennedy would be a better and safer get

Picks picks picks picks picks picks picks picks picks picks picks picks picks picks picks picks picks picks picks picks picks picks picks picks picks picks picks

Please
My take:

Picks picks picks picks picks picks picks picks picks picks picks picks picks and Stringer

Please

As for a potential Stringer trade, I'm quite happy for that to take place. He's never played for a club with a strong culture before. And if Fly reckons he'd make us better then I'm happy with that. We have plenty of defensive forwards to make up for his lack of defensive workrate and I'd like to see him swapping 20/80 with JDG in the middle-forward spot.

He can get the pill when he wants to, and he's a great kick...so??

This is mostly my thinking as well assuming we can get a good healthy season out of him

A committed and fit Stringer combined/rotating with a fit De Goey would be a pretty frightening prospect for 17 other sides

He’s been makeshifted in every position by crazy Vossy due to the fact they have 5,000 mids. But he has to come cheap considering 5 hammys in a year

Kennedy would be a better and safer get
One of their mids definitely has to make way as they're too slow through the middle. Cripps and Walsh safe obviously. Hewett a very good depth mid with strong defensive traits. I think Cerra is the one who has the least point of difference, but they'd be selling him at his lowest value. Kennedy is solid - probably the worst mid of the five but he can play forward well with his strong hands and goal sense. Great rotation option. They've got Lord and Binns who can play but can't get opportunities unless someone makes way.

If Kennedy was made available, he'd be good to look at too. I think HE could be a really good alternating option with De Goey with Jordy being the predominant forward (lot of soft tissue injuries for his age - at what stage to we start managing his midfield minutes?).

The only thing I will say for cerra is that Carlton's fitness and rehab department hasn't exactly been that effective recently, as evidenced by the litany of soft tissues injuries that Carlton had to deal with the last few seasons. It is possible that they may have mismanaged the identification and treatment of his soft tissues injuries. So if cerra is available at a cheap price , i wouldn't mind allowing our fitness department have a crack at getting his body right.
Bro, we had 17 of our own injuries we couldn't get right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest, get a grip. It isn't body shaming when its a professional athlete who clearly isn't getting the most out of themselves through a lack of discipline. It's simply commentary on that lack of discipline.

If we spoke like this about an AFLW player would it be acceptable?

Agreed. I guess it's ageist to not want a 31 year old added to the list too.

He's a professional athlete, so his (lack of) preparedness is worth noting imo.

He could be lazy.
He could have bad endurance.

How do you know he is overweight?

If we spoke like this about an AFLW player would it be acceptable?
Jeez Beeg, you've got to give us something - if we can't hang shit on a 30 year old white male athlete, who can we hang shit on? Rangas aren't enough.

Jeez Beeg, you've got to give us something - if we can't hang shit on a 30 year old white male athlete, who can we hang shit on? Rangas aren't enough.

Haha just making sure we are all on the same playing field...

Give it up will ya?

I'm not keen on bringing a 31 year old who is well known to come back from the off season unfit & unprepared, and who looks lazy & unmotivated on field until it's contract time.

See was that hard? Didn't need to call him fat have cracks at weight and get all Keyboard Warrior with us.

They are all fair points.

Play on.

Yeah thats what I mean. They'll have some spare cash
If his contract is done moving him on doesn’t save anything. They’ll need to move a genuine piece to make room for Houston such as Cerra as SOTY mentioned.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back