List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t really follow their list strategy. Have they been into Houston or just jumped in when he was looking around. And Haynes from GWS along with Houston coming in and Cerra possibly leaving leaves more gaps in their team to me. Maybe Vossy has a plan
Vossy's plan is working beautifully.

This is mostly my thinking as well assuming we can get a good healthy season out of him

A committed and fit Stringer combined/rotating with a fit De Goey would be a pretty frightening prospect for 17 other sides

Stringer and JDG in the same side would be a frightening prospect for 18 sides

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Stringer and JDG in the same side would be a frightening prospect for 18 sides

Confused Thinking GIF

Maybe im coming from a NBA POV , which is fair might not be transferable. But gosh if i was a young forward or young mid looking at opportunties , Collingwood would be appealing to work with Naicos as a mid or receive lace out hit ups from him for 10 odd years. Likewise Fly as a pretty humble coach

Edit: Also with the appeal of the gaps in our age demographic in those positions
Maybe coming from a sportsman’ POV …. but …. Putting aside McRae clear indication that we are not flush with $$$ for contracts - having to our upcoming retirements, draft picks and young talent, what makes you think we will be ensconced in the top 4 over the next decade?

Apart from the fact that our jumpers are black and white, and you barrack for them.

Last edited:
Stringer applies about as much forward pressure and two-way running as Tony Lockett did. We better not be shelling out more than a pick in the 50’s for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve been busy doing other things for a week. What’s the latest re Peatling and Davies? I really hope we get at least one of them, preferably Peatling but even better if both.

Let me guess….prepare to be disappointed?

Stringer applies about as much forward pressure and two-way running as Tony Lockett did. We better not be shelling out more than a pick in the 50’s for him.

Lockett is another one we let go. We have a whole forward line of pressure forwards, we need an offensive element. We basically don't score enough

I’ve been busy doing other things for a week. What’s the latest re Peatling and Davies? I really hope we get at least one of them, preferably Peatling but even better if both.

Let me guess….prepare to be disappointed?

Davies is not leaving. No word on Peatling.

I’m not that keen on him but it’s interesting to note that’s the last time he played for a contender…
‘Good player’ is short for ‘good team player’. Anyone worth their salt make their team better through their mere presence around the club, at training and in games. Senior players make their club a contender.

At least he won’t haunt us on Anzac Day he plays well that day I’ll take him
It was one year. And maybe 2022
Previous years he has been pretty disappointing. It's generally parish that torches us.

Ive just reviewed every draft since 2005 when we drafted Pendelbury. I based it off 50 games played as an absolute minimum. The results are shocking.
2005, 9 in, 3 played over 50 games(33%)
2006, 10 in, 8 played over 50 games (80%)
2007, 6 in, 0 played over 50 games (0%)
2008, 11 in, 4 played over 50 games (34%)
2009, 8 in, 4 played over 50 games (50%)
2010, 14 in, 1 played over 50 games (7%)
2011, 10 in, 2 played over 50 games (20%)
2012, 13 in, 2 played over 50 games (20%)
2013, 8 in, 3 played over 50 games (37%)
2014, 10 in, 7 played over 50 games (70%)
2015, 10 in, 4 played over 50 games (40%)
2016, 12 in, 4 played over 50 games (33%)
2017, 7 in, 4 played over 50 games (43%)
2018, 9 in, 3 played over 50 games (33%)
2019, 4 in, 1 played over 50 games (25%)
2020, 10 in, 1 played over 50 games (10%)
2021, 8 in, 2 played over 50 games (25%)

The scary reading is how many never played 1 game!!! If i was running a business that strike rate would mean recruiters would be sacked.

Thank you for posting this magpielicious.

This backs up what other teams who had heaps of success seem to do.

People say Rioli is not worth pick 6, Noble is only worth pick 20-30 or whatever.

These guys are AFL gun players, ready made, guaranteed experienced and extremely capable players.

Draft pick 6 or 24 or whatever, sometimes even much higher, are no guarantee.

Hawthorn in there threepeat years, Tigers and Geelong in particular, have pretty much shunned the high draft picks, and just topped up repeatedly with proven players, rather than getting raw kids who occasionally, but very often never reach the heights of the Rioli and JFN type players.

Anyhow, just a thought, but I’d prefer proven players than the hit/ miss, miss, miss of draft kids 😮

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back