List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

So who we we going to recruit to join dads army next year. The pies have the oldest list currently
Slim pickings as our draft hand is bad not much to offer. 2025 will be the year for a plethora of free agents that's when well swoop. Our future first round pick next year we do not trade because we need to use it for Tommy GUN MAGAUNE.
So this calls for very smart recruiting with the little we have so here's my list of possiblities that we can grab this trade period.

JAKE STRINGER, OR JAKE RICCARDI FROM GWS PEATLING WOULD BE GOOD BUT WILL STAY AT GWS.
ONE OF OUT IOF BOX THAT NO ONE HS MENTIONED AND STILL PLAYING GREAT FOOTY LACHIE KEEFE OUT OF CONTRACT
EX PIES PLAYER AND STILL GREAT VALUE FOR A STOP GAP,CAN PLAY KPB AND PINCH HIT IN THE RUCK GET HIM PIES
OTHER LESS OPTIONS TOMLINSON OR MACDONALD FROM MELBOURNE
I like it but you didn't have to shout

So who we we going to recruit to join dads army next year. The pies have the oldest list currently
Slim pickings as our draft hand is bad not much to offer. 2025 will be the year for a plethora of free agents that's when well swoop. Our future first round pick next year we do not trade because we need to use it for Tommy GUN MAGAUNE.
So this calls for very smart recruiting with the little we have so here's my list of possiblities that we can grab this trade period.

JAKE STRINGER, OR JAKE RICCARDI FROM GWS PEATLING WOULD BE GOOD BUT WILL STAY AT GWS.
ONE OF OUT IOF BOX THAT NO ONE HS MENTIONED AND STILL PLAYING GREAT FOOTY LACHIE KEEFE OUT OF CONTRACT
EX PIES PLAYER AND STILL GREAT VALUE FOR A STOP GAP,CAN PLAY KPB AND PINCH HIT IN THE RUCK GET HIM PIES
OTHER LESS OPTIONS TOMLINSON OR MACDONALD FROM MELBOURNE
Keefe will be 35 at start of next season. It has been reported he will retire once his season ends

Yeah I’d had enough of his antics by that point
It was the line of K in a bathroom stall on a damn training camp for me! To this day it blows my mind how that just slid through with most of our supporter base.

It was the line of K in a bathroom stall on a damn training camp for me! To this day it blows my mind how that just slid through with most of our supporter base.
He's just a young kid, everyone makes mistakes!

If anyone saw the clips of him circulating on social media the night the Hawks beat us this season you could see there was no learning from mistakes.

It was reported in the Geelong Addy this week & then on some podcast this week that Geelong recruits Shaun Mannagh & Lawson Humphries contracts are worth $110k + $4k per game & $105k + $4k per game. So two of their better players this season have cost less than $300k combined. Does anybody know what the minimum wage component is?

It was reported in the Geelong Addy this week & then on some podcast this week that Geelong recruits Shaun Mannagh & Lawson Humphries contracts are worth $110k + $4k per game & $105k + $4k per game. So two of their better players this season have cost less than $300k combined. Does anybody know what the minimum wage component is?
God I hate Geelong. I'm still stunned that mannagh wasn't picked up 2 years ago

If we got Macrae and Stringer cheap, it may help the younger guys coming through. There's a huge gap between our oldies and youngies, these two will plug a small gap for a couple of years whilst the youngies, Allan, HDM, HH (missing 2025), Jiath, even Daicos develop. Between them they would bring in over 450 games experiece (249 and 212, 400+ goals). If we lose Pendles, Sidey and Howe next year, you're looking at losing over 1000 games experience. Which is nuts if you think about it.
We have thin pickings depth wise, Jack and Jake might be a good stop gap.
Having said all that, Stringer is almost identical to Mihocek height and weight wise, although I reckon the stats lie a little about Jakey boy. We need a KPF unless we think Smit or Eyre are the answer.
I try and see everything from all sides, ultimately I want team success.

For Geelong? A house and land package provided by a local developer isn’t it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not a fan of duckers and people begging for frees, I didn’t mind him in general but I loved it when he nearly had his head ripped off and didn’t get his reward.
My main frustration was with his inability to adapt. Instead of realising he’s not gonna get a free and try to get his hands up and a hand pass to a team mate he’d still just duck and let the ball spill out.

Big Joe Daniher surely rates up there for Smackable heads, that stupid moustache and the gum chewing looking like a dopey farm animal.
Unfortunately Daniher also qualifies because he saves his best footy for playing against us. That has to be an attribute for getting on the punchable head list. And annoying footballers generally, whom I don’t like, and don’t need to justify why (although I’m not condoning violence…)

I think a KPD should be our priority. We need to trust Ed, Fin or Ned to help JDG, Naicos, Crisp, Pendles & Titch in the midfield.

I’m actually all for Nick Haynes. Yes, he’s old. However, he could play a great alongside Howe & Moore.

Seems like he’s heading to Bluez.

If we got Macrae and Stringer cheap, it may help the younger guys coming through. There's a huge gap between our oldies and youngies, these two will plug a small gap for a couple of years whilst the youngies, Allan, HDM, HH (missing 2025), Jiath, even Daicos develop. Between them they would bring in over 450 games experiece (249 and 212, 400+ goals). If we lose Pendles, Sidey and Howe next year, you're looking at losing over 1000 games experience. Which is nuts if you think about it.
Having said all that, Stringer is almost identical to Mihocek height and weight wise, although I reckon the stats lie a little about Jakey boy. We need a KPF unless we think Smit or Eyre are the answer.
It's all a yes from me

Markov last year and Ginnivan in 2022 would have been on similar wages. That’s the reality of having recruits come in and perform in a strong team from day dot. It’s becoming a rarity.

Unfortunately Daniher also qualifies because he saves his best footy for playing against us. That has to be an attribute for getting on the punchable head list. And annoying footballers generally, whom I don’t like, and don’t need to justify why (although I’m not condoning violence…)
It’s amazing

He’s average for weeks then kills Darcy against us

They are draftees, so their contracts are set, rather than a "minimum". Those are the prescribed base dollars for picks below and above 50.

We just offloaded Adam’s , similar in all aspects. One dimensional slow won’t improve us.

He’s an upgrade on Sullivan, long, Bytel, and def his brother who were trialled all this season. I would want it to be cheap however. But I’d have no issues.
One thing we know for sure is that he'll get heaps of possessions, which is what we're lacking in the midfield wing area. I am just a bit worried about his pace

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back