List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

They’re talking tough but the reality is they desperately need that money off the books given the money they’re having to pay JUH, Naughton, English, and what they’ll need for Darcy.

It surprised me that they did not let English go to ease the pressure. While he is a good player around the ground, he seems to get beaten a lot in the ruck. Also he has the concussion issue hanging over him.

It surprised me that they did not let English go to ease the pressure. While he is a good player around the ground, he seems to get beaten a lot in the ruck. Also he has the concussion issue hanging over him.

He was disappointing this year - I doubt anyone would be willing to take on the majority of his contract.

Wait Marchbank and Jack Martin?

Please don't hate me but I wouldn't be opposed to trying to get either of their bodies right lol

I know we won't do it and I know no one else here will want to, but I always thought Marchbank was decent and just had his body constantly let him down.

Martin similar

Don't tell me. You want him too?
Come Here Dr Evil GIF

The common denominator in all the Carlton delistings is injury. Jack Martin and Caleb Marchbank can definitely play but they can't stay on the park.

He has had a poor 18 months. I think their list mgt stuffed up by re-signing him for 5 years but also re-signing JUH. Their forward line is too top heavy with JUH, Darcy and Naughton and they still have Croft to come. Naughton appears without a role now and wasted in a crowded forward line. He still has 7 years left on $1m

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’re talking tough but the reality is they desperately need that money off the books given the money they’re having to pay JUH, Naughton, English, and what they’ll need for Darcy.
I agree. But I don't want us to be the one to take on his $$$. What point of difference would he bring to our midfield that is crying out for oace and defensive capabilities? He is a plodder who has fallen away defensively this year. We already have Mitchell at half the price

Cunningham has some afl level weapons but is just too injury prone
Cunningham, Marchbank and Martin all do but once they got to Carlton they all suffered injuries. Marchbank played 56 games in 8 seasons there after he was traded for a first round pick! That reeks of bad high performance management.

Have you read all your posts in succession? Go and read your last 10. Nothing but sky is falling rhetoric. It’s tiresome. We all know the list needs work. That’s the reality of being in contention since 2018. Bar one season. That’s how the afl want the system to work. But there’s never been more player movement. Things can turn quick. Imagine if the players and coaches talked like you do. May as well shut the club down.

It would be boring if we all agreed, wouldn’t it? This site wouldn’t exist if we did.

For the record, I’ve loved the first three years under Fly. He has gotten the absolute best out of the group, where others could not have. It has been an incredible ride! We all want it to continue but, IMO, years of poor drafting, trading and cap management decisions are about to reveal their true impact as our large number of aging stars roll off the books without adequate replacements. I actually want your view to be proven correct but can’t see the basis for it on even the most basic comparative list analysis.

Hopefully you prove to be a much better judge than me.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The common denominator in all the Carlton delistings is injury. Jack Martin and Caleb Marchbank can definitely play but they can't stay on the park.
Not Marchbank. Injuries have eaten away his speed so much so the rest of his game can't make up for it. Scharenberg 2.0

He has had a poor 18 months. I think their list mgt stuffed up by re-signing him for 5 years but also re-signing JUH. Their forward line is too top heavy with JUH, Darcy and Naughton and they still have Croft to come. Naughton appears without a role now and wasted in a crowded forward line. He still has 7 years left on $1m

Naughton has to go to CHB. He'll be a star.

Wait Marchbank and Jack Martin?

Please don't hate me but I wouldn't be opposed to trying to get either of their bodies right lol

I know we won't do it and I know no one else here will want to, but I always thought Marchbank was decent and just had his body constantly let him down.

Martin similar
March bank is a great intercept mark, defends well but can’t kick

It would be boring if we all agreed, wouldn’t it? This site wouldn’t exist if we did.

For the record, I’ve loved the first three years under Fly. He has gotten the absolute best out of the group, where others could not have. It has been an incredible ride! We all want it to continue but, IMO, years of poor drafting, trading and cap management decisions are about to reveal their true impact as our large number of aging stars roll off the books without adequate replacements. I actually want your view to be proven correct but can’t see the basis for it on even the most basic comparative list analysis.

Hopefully you prove to be a much better judge than me.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I agree with your points that the list has issues, I just don’t agree that we can’t remedy it with some new kids and smart trading. Parker looks a free hit, Condon potentially coming for free as well. Big roo has potential again for free. There’s three for free. I still have faith in Allan and I reckon Demattia may surprise next season. Then we have McGuane next year which opens up a door to get back into this years draft. We will have some currency from noble and Richard’s (gone IMO).

I agree with your points that the list has issues, I just don’t agree that we can’t remedy it with some new kids and smart trading. Parker looks a free hit, Condon potentially coming for free as well. Big roo has potential again for free. There’s three for free. I still have faith in Allan and I reckon Demattia may surprise next season. Then we have McGuane next year which opens up a door to get back into this years draft. We will have some currency from noble and Richard’s (gone IMO).
Yep.

Parker, TJ, Allan HDM - we might already have 4 long term pieces on the list. And every off season gives you a chance to add some more hope and ready to go pieces.

You've got to be pessimistic to not be hopeful.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back