List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Stay away from Blues, Bombers, Dees & Eagles (except Waterman & Allen) players (except Harley) for me.
And looks like those eagles boys are in talks for long term extensions at eagles
Though, I'll take Hutchy back. If we're looking for an extra small medium forward.

You definitely have a soft spot for Jack's 🤣

And yep, no chance of Waterman, Allen in the near future. Harley maybe longer down the track? 🤞
Yeah Harley would be huge. But can't see it anytime soon.

It surprised me that they did not let English go to ease the pressure. While he is a good player around the ground, he seems to get beaten a lot in the ruck. Also he has the concussion issue hanging over him.
Yeah honestly I found it surprising too. Of all of he, JUH, Naughton and Darcy I assumed he’d be the most expendable. I’m still trying to work out how they haven’t busted their cap with all of those guys (maybe not Darcy just yet) + Bont all on very good coin. From the outside losing both Smith and Macrae is going to be basically a requirement for them to stay within the cap.

He has had a poor 18 months. I think their list mgt stuffed up by re-signing him for 5 years but also re-signing JUH. Their forward line is too top heavy with JUH, Darcy and Naughton and they still have Croft to come. Naughton appears without a role now and wasted in a crowded forward line. He still has 7 years left on $1m

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Naughton is also an elite defender, which is what he was drafted as. He came 4th in their B&F playing key defence in his first year. Honestly I’m surprised the dogs haven’t shifted him back there already at this point.

I agree. But I don't want us to be the one to take on his $$$. What point of difference would he bring to our midfield that is crying out for oace and defensive capabilities? He is a plodder who has fallen away defensively this year. We already have Mitchell at half the price

Anyone who takes him will either be requesting that the dogs pay a chunk of his salary, or that they receive a pick for a full salary dump. The talk coming from them that they want to keep him is nonsense and no club will fall for it except maybe St Kilda, because, you know…

Naughton is also an elite defender, which is what he was drafted as. He came 4th in their B&F playing key defence in his first year. Honestly I’m surprised the dogs haven’t shifted him back there already at this point.
I agree wholeheartedly. He was great at HB in 2018. That is where he belongs. But, for whatever reason Bevo will not make the move back. There forward line with the triple towers isn't working for him

I agree with your points that the list has issues, I just don’t agree that we can’t remedy it with some new kids and smart trading. Parker looks a free hit, Condon potentially coming for free as well. Big roo has potential again for free. There’s three for free. I still have faith in Allan and I reckon Demattia may surprise next season. Then we have McGuane next year which opens up a door to get back into this years draft. We will have some currency from noble and Richard’s (gone IMO).

Agree with you about Allan and Di Mattia and despite your assessment of my recent posts, have been relentlessly positive about both - and Harrison too. No idea about McGuane but his old man was a favourite of mine.

Personally, I think guys like Parker are traps. They do nothing to lower our age profile, are injury risks once they get into their 30’s and by commanding Best 22 spots actually stifle the development of younger players. So I don’t think the pay-off is real, despite being gettable and nominally cheap. It just kicks the real problem down the road for a bit longer.

We got lucky to get a Premiership in Mitchell’s first year but his injuries this year highlight the risks in having too many of such age. If we get Parker now, he’ll be exiting the team at about the same time as numerous others, which makes the hole even bigger.

Hopefully we get good trade deals on both Noble and Richards because players aged in their mid-20’s are the backbone of most teams and we can’t afford to lose two good ones on the cheap.

I’m also frustrated about Grundy, Macrae, Poulter and McInnes - four guys we drafted in first two rounds who have all left cheaply or been busts. That’s a lousy outcome on four important selections. And Stephenson, of course, is even worse. Those five should all be driving our team forward and instead are a big fat zero. Those fails plus our age profile are largely why I think we’re in trouble.

Anyway, it’s a good discussion. Lots of short- versus long-term trade-off decisions to be made, with big consequences. Interesting times.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Agree with you about Allan and Di Mattia and despite your assessment of my recent posts, have been relentlessly positive about both - and Harrison too. No idea about McGuane but his old man was a favourite of mine.

Personally, I think guys like Parker are traps. They do nothing to lower our age profile, are injury risks once they get into their 30’s and by commanding Best 22 spots actually stifle the development of younger players. So I don’t think the pay-off is real, despite being gettable and nominally cheap. It just kicks the real problem down the road for a bit longer.

We got lucky to get a Premiership in Mitchell’s first year but his injuries this year highlight the risks in having too many of such age. If we get Parker now, he’ll be exiting the team at about the same time as numerous others, which makes the hole even bigger.

Hopefully we get good trade deals on both Noble and Richards because players aged in their mid-20’s are the backbone of most teams and we can’t afford to lose two good ones on the cheap.

I’m also frustrated about Grundy, Macrae, Poulter and McInnes - four guys we drafted in first two rounds who have all left cheaply or been busts. That’s a lousy outcome on four important selections. And Stephenson, of course, is even worse. Those five should all be driving our team forward and instead are a big fat zero. That’s largely why I think we’re in trouble.

Anyway, it’s a good discussion. Lots of short- versus long-term trade-off decisions to be made, with big consequences. Interesting times.

(Sorry, who is Big Roo?)

Big Roo is Smit (play on his 1st name).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks. Yes, he showed quite a bit in the VFL, didn’t he? A good, left-field pick. Hopefully takes the next step.

Would been Drafted IF we did not Pick him in the MSD

Thanks. Yes, he showed quite a bit in the VFL, didn’t he? A good, left-field pick. Hopefully takes the next step.

Yeah, a good young aggressive ruck prospect.

If Steene's finally over his toe issue, we have a good young combo there with his marking, making him a very handy ruck-fwd prospect..

Last edited:
Yeah, a good young aggressive ruck prospect.

If Steene's is finally over his toe issue, we have a good young combo there with his marking, making him a very handy ruck-fwd prospect..

Yes, unearthing some quality talls is desperately needed. Fingers crossed for both.

I’m also frustrated about Grundy, Macrae, Poulter and McInnes - four guys we drafted in first two rounds who have all left cheaply or been busts. That’s a lousy outcome on four important selections. And Stephenson, of course, is even worse. Those five should all be driving our team forward and instead are a big fat zero. Those fails plus our age profile are largely why I think we’re in trouble.

You can add Sharanberg and Freeman to that list

If it helps, stringer had 8 less tackles than McCreery for the year. I find it hard to believe that stringer doesn't apply pressure or he wouldn't get a game

I think it's that it's not consistent rather then not at all.

But I'm in the get Stringer camp given the club went all in on Schultz we need to capitalise before the cliff.

He's referring to Wil Parker.

Anyone who takes him will either be requesting that the dogs pay a chunk of his salary, or that they receive a pick for a full salary dump. The talk coming from them that they want to keep him is nonsense and no club will fall for it except maybe St Kilda, because, you know…
They were reporting on MMM tonight that reports they are hearing already that Sam Darcy's contract next year will be in the realm $18-20m over 10 years. If that is close to being true I assume they will try and move on both Macrae & Daniel this year. They are hamstrung regarding offloading salary for picks because their first pick is late 2nd round

They were reporting on MMM tonight that reports they are hearing already that Sam Darcy's contract next year will be in the realm $18-20m over 10 years. If that is close to being true I assume they will try and move on both Macrae & Daniel this year. They are hamstrung regarding offloading salary for picks because their first pick is late 2nd round

I heard that, but let’s be clear here that was a pure speculative opinion from Damo on what he could command based on the contract Mac Andrew just got, there was no actual word on anything from any actual source.

Luke was also pretty open saying that he’d be advising Sam to leave money on the table because successful clubs don’t pour all their cash in to one player (or in the dogs case 4)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back