List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching finals again tonight we need more warriors and a bit more run

EG we lost Murphy Mitchell and De Goey in 2024

And now we have a lot of older guys getting on with the above not likely to get back to what they were either (Murph obviously)

So we are swimming against the tide a bit, we will need to be crafty with trades in the basement bin to have one more crack in 2025. After that though I do think we will need to reload for 2 years and hit the draft

There don't seem to be any players left to target. I heard we are not really keen on Stringer after all the fuss. Seriously, this could be the most uninspiring, flat summer we've had in a long time.
I'd be fine in just going to the draft this year given the depth, and then go to FA/Trade next year when we have more list spots and cap available

Sringer has played at two clubs and has been the same at both. Mercurial, inconsistent and lazy. It's a big no from me.
Doubt we are getting him but fair crack of the sausage...

Stringer kicked 42 goals last year while the bloke that cost us pick 10 plus 30 kicked 24

I'd be fine in just going to the draft this year given the depth, and then go to FA/Trade next year when we have more list spots and cap available
I thought our problem was a lack of depth and no young kids coming through according to many on this forum. That seems to be the general consensus. The comment by Fly about hoping we will be very active during the trade period also seems to fly in the face of your belief in the state of our squad. He could just as easily have said, "We are comfortable with where we sit with our list at the moment and don't expect to be too active......" as others have in the past. But he didn't. So, I suppose he raised expectations.

I thought our problem was a lack of depth and no young kids coming through according to many on this forum. That seems to be the general consensus. The comment by Fly about hoping we will be very active during the trade period also seems to fly in the face of your belief in the state of our squad. He could just as easily have said, "We are comfortable with where we sit with our list at the moment and don't expect to be too active......" as others have in the past. But he didn't. So, I suppose he raised expectations.
As a coach, they are always wanting what'll make you better. But reality is, there is a list spot crunch atm.
Apart from Murphy and the outgoing Noble, there are only 3 senior listed players OOC (unless there is unexpected players that want a trade in trade week)
So suppose could take 1 player in the trade, then 3 in the draft.

Sringer has played at two clubs and has been the same at both. Mercurial, inconsistent and lazy. It's a big no from me.
That lazy inconsistent forward kicked 42 goals this year, would have won our goal kicking easy l. Granted with our injuries some didn’t play all games.

However you can’t deny Jake would make us better.

As a coach, they are always wanting what'll make you better. But reality is, there is a list spot crunch atm.
Apart from Murphy and the outgoing Noble, there are only 3 senior listed players OOC (unless there is unexpected players that want a trade in trade week)
So suppose could take 1 player in the trade, then 3 in the draft.
They can shift a couple of contracted players to the rookie list. Could also go from 36 to 38 on the senior list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are peoples thoughts on Jack Martin?

He would be free.

I think he could be a great recruit particularly if we lose Noble and Richards.

We dont need him forward but he would be a good back up there.

My idea would be to play him off half back

He would be free.

Absolutely not for mine.

Based off games he averages per year in his entire career, he just can’t get/stay fit.

Last edited:

He would be free.

I’m a no because his body is too unreliable, but if the club were a yes I would hope that that’s the role. I don’t think he’s ever done enough as a forward to match his talent, but maybe he’s got something to offer off half back if we want Jaicos back on a wing.

He would be free.

Jack will head to Dockers.

Stringer’s age and contract profile ($400k x 2 years) if rumours are true is exactly what we need right now as a stop gap.
Realistically with Pendles, Elliott, Sidebottom, Howe all approaching time, we need someone that won’t cost a fortune that can have an immediate offensive impact. Not giving up anything will allow us to keep our keg dry for when we finally have a draft hand, multiple list spots available and the shackles of the Grundy and Treloar contracts have broken.
Stringer is the only non injury prone player that fits the bill so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back