List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

You know who you sound like?

a4b7f68870033e1168e689378f3c9bc6

Demanding ridiculous overs for trades is not a way to run a successful club.
It is though. Sydney, Geelong, Hawthorn consistently are able to shake clubs for picks well over their worth. We just fold take the first lowball offer that's made. Teams take advantage of us now because they know we will take unders for every player, it's pathetic. And come on, Dodoro couldn't negotiate a peace deal in Switzerland. Difference is he asked for overs having no idea what he was doing and had no credibility after being in the job 20 years.

It seems to me that the two most likely VFL guys are Bice and Davidson. Bice in particular looks a ready to go Noble type.
Much better prospects than any KPP in the VFL. The wraps on Bice are huge and he’s probably a much better option. The reality is that you just don't find too many good KPP from the VFL. Bice and Davidson would both be much better prospects

Like the idea of Perryman as an UFA. Not a superstar of the game but a mature, bustling mid type we can put around ND in the middle. 129 games, 25yo with solid skills who should be coming into his prime years. No trade capital needed either which is appealing this year.

With Cumming choosing Crows and Luko maybe going there too don’t think he goes Crows. If he wants mid time probably won’t get that at Port either with JHF, Butters, Rozee, Wines etc. More chance of getting mid time in our squad.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We are no chance to get Perryman, no way he can knock back the deal being offered by Port.

I think we are. Maybe we can’t offer him that (reported) money but we can offer more midfield opportunities than Port. So if our offer is competitive he might be keen to play in front of 70k every 2nd week. Time will tell I suppose.

What’s William Drew’s contract status? If Perryman does go Port is he is danger of being pushed out?

Similar mould to Perryman. Defensive mid in his mid 20s. Wonder if the former Nth Ballarat Rebel could be tempted back to Vic?

We don’t have 26 Jen.
The suggestion is a 3 way deal which can be broken down like this…
JN to GCS for pick 26.
We give 26 to the Blueballs and get Kennedy.
Basically we are swapping JN for Kennedy.
Carlton traded for Kennedy with pick 28 when he was 6 years younger. No thanks to ontrading pick 26 for Kennedy now that he's a fringe player they're looking to push out.

What’s William Drew’s contract status? If Perryman does go Port is he is danger of being pushed out?

Similar mould to Perryman. Defensive mid in his mid 20s. Wonder if the former Nth Ballarat Rebel could be tempted back to Vic?

If his name was William, I would take him but I don't want anyone named Willam

Haha. Oh yeah Willem!

All good bro. I believe we need a good defensive mid but drew is fairly limited to being just a tagger. I don't know if we'd ever go down the full time tagger road. I think we'll want a bit more creativity from a defensive mid.

Devil’s advocate - players & player managers look for stability at a footy club. We currently have an outgoing president, CEO under investigation, a footy boss and general manager that both departed start of the season and coaches bluing with each other due to stretched resources.

We’ll right the ship, but we might not be as desirable now as this time next year.
I don't think these off field issues would affect a players decision to come to us. I think our list profile does. A good player like Houston would want to go to a team that will play finals/ contend for the premiership over the nexr 4 years. A young player is seeking opportunity. By not moving anyone on it does not suggest opportunity, but we are trying to contend with our aging list or we need them to plug holes for the next 12 months. The club will not say that. From Houston's perspective we may/may not contend next year, but what happens in the 3-4 years that follow? He does not want to spend time in a team that may be going through a transitional phase

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cap space to me is the most valuable commodity in the game. Followed closely by a strong and stable FD. Depending on how it’s structured I’m a buyer of cap space every day of the week to afford to pay these premiums on FA’s, but until that day a 6-7 year contract for a role player on JDG money is not for me. If Perryman gets near the money offered from Port by us then Hill’s worth $900k to retain and that’ll blow your cap structure real quick!

In contract terms he’s worth McStay 2022 money so $600k, but shorter terms of about 3 years. I’m personally not prepared to pay close to a $750k-1m premium for pick 25.
If you are valuing the cap because it can get you free agents, aren't you really valuing the picks more -as that's waht you're saving with FA?

I'm more just curious how they value these things against each other and what a volatile market it will be - I'll have no idea if anyone is a good acquisition or not as for a starter salary is a rumoured thing which is clearly a huge part of a deal and I wouldn't know how to value it even if I knew the salary.

A player who’s dropped off the radar is Sam Berry.

He’s absolutely gettable. He’s young and would be the perfect inside bull to complement Naicos.

ANB & Perryman (hopefully) going to Adelaide may push Berry out of the team.

He’s OOC & if he nominates us would could for a late 2nd rounder. He suits our style well too.

He’s absolutely gettable. He’s young and would be the perfect inside bull to complement Naicos.

He’s OOC & if he nominates us would could for a late 2nd rounder. He suits our style well too.
I thought it was reported that he was signing a two year deal and staying ?, i would like to get him also.

So, Geelong will be picking up Smith and now Martin from Carlton. In the meantime some of our supporters stew over player's like stringer because they don't like him, lol. Geelong will back their system to get the best out of these players whilst we hover in no man's land and have doubts over every potential candidate that we might be interested in. Time to grow some nuts Pies and take a gamble.
People down here in Geelong don't particularly like Stengle, but acknowledge he is an important cog to their team. Stringer made a poor life choice 7-8 years ago. His ex has forgiven him. Yet we have had multiple players convicted of drink driving, drugs etc. I didn't realise the Pies had soooo many supporters who had never made a mistake in their life. However everyone is entitled to their opinions

Stuff Adelaide players. Going by the rumours, Port seem to be adding 42 new recruits. Everyone on their list must be on the way out and gettable. Butters for me.

So, Geelong will be picking up Smith and now Martin from Carlton. In the meantime some of our supporters stew over player's like stringer because they don't like him, lol. Geelong will back their system to get the best out of these players whilst we hover in no man's land and have doubts over every potential candidate that we might be interested in. Time to grow some nuts Pies and take a gamble.
Manic, you’re good value, but seriously, “back their system to get the best out of these players…”
How on earth will they possibly get such a “spud” like Smith to play well while we target lithe jets like Stringer

It’s meant to be the best for Collingwood, we don’t have a first (FMD) so supporters are craving info on seriously talent to come in and how.
Maybe it’s not rational but that’s what it is

Must not have paid attention-
Here is the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has re-signed. He released a statement a few weeks ago confirming this

Manic, you’re good value, but seriously, “back their system to get the best out of these players…”
How on earth will they possibly get such a “spud” like Smith to play well while we target lithe jets like Stringer

It’s meant to be the best for Collingwood, we don’t have a first (FMD) so supporters are craving info on seriously talent to come in and how.
Maybe it’s not rational but that’s what it is
They back their system to be able to get the best out of the more riskier players like stengle. Martin is another one they'll get this year and he will be a much better player than he was at Carlton. Smith struggled in his last year at the dogs but he'll be much better at Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back