List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

They back their system to be able to get the best out of the more riskier players like stengle. Martin is another one they'll get this year and he will be a much better player than he was at Carlton. Smith struggled in his last year at the dogs but he'll be much better at Geelong.
This time you'v gone too far with pissing off the board. **** those Cats.

They back their system to be able to get the best out of the more riskier players like stengle. Martin is another one they'll get this year and he will be a much better player than he was at Carlton. Smith struggled in his last year at the dogs but he'll be much better at Geelong.
Please start some rumours about Cadman and Callaghan

I don't think these off field issues would affect a players decision to come to us. I think our list profile does. A good player like Houston would want to go to a team that will play finals/ contend for the premiership over the nexr 4 years. A young player is seeking opportunity. By not moving anyone on it does not suggest opportunity, but we are trying to contend with our aging list or we need them to plug holes for the next 12 months. The club will not say that. From Houston's perspective we may/may not contend next year, but what happens in the 3-4 years that follow? He does not want to spend time in a team that may be going through a transitional phase

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Was thinking something similar.
It's a bit of an all-or-nothing next year with the same cast, then at best, you'd think a transition year with FA's etc.
Doesn't mean nothing is possible, but we'd need to be very convincing as to a player's potential place in the club.

Grundy was moved on under thcreated e current administration

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Graham Wright did, yes. And that was to fix the salary cap mess created by the old administration.

We don't now dish out ridiculously high & long contracts & back end them to keep a player under the orders of President Ed.

Please start some rumours about Cadman and Callaghan
Look, I'll do my best. I'd have to talk to the local Cafe owners and see what I can dig up. Don't be surprised if I come up with an absolute doozy from left field. Between the bikies and the local cafes, old manic will come up with something

If you are valuing the cap because it can get you free agents, aren't you really valuing the picks more -as that's waht you're saving with FA?

I'm more just curious how they value these things against each other and what a volatile market it will be - I'll have no idea if anyone is a good acquisition or not as for a starter salary is a rumoured thing which is clearly a huge part of a deal and I wouldn't know how to value it even if I knew the salary.
I’m simply valuing the means to attract a player because convincing the player to join is the majority of the battle. Placing a premium on salary cap management increases your ability to attract and retain talent.

If a player says no to your best offer in a competitive market that’s it game over. If a club says no to your best trade offer there’s the emotion of a player wanting out, a manager wanting the player out and a deal can still get done. Take Smith we can’t come in now and offer an extra $250k pa (the Perryman premium) because that horse has bolted, but if we get him over the line with that $250k premium we’ll find a way to get the picks to satisfy the Dogs especially with the ability to trade two years in advance on the horizon.

Like you I’m curious to see how it’s rated in clubland I’m just staunchly in the corner of the premium on cap space.

On Gettable:

We are still in the mix for Houston
Twomey now saying Stringer is unlikely to come to us
Port will likely get in Richards
Matt Kennedy more likely to stay at Carlton as per his manager. Unless there is big interest from clubs, and there could be chats there. But he isn't actively looking to move, and would stay. Its just he sees himself as an inside mid, so bit of water under the bridge there.

Melbourne in the box seat for Derksen.
Alex Borstein Prime Video GIF by The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

So, Geelong will be picking up Smith and now Martin from Carlton. In the meantime some of our supporters stew over player's like stringer because they don't like him, lol. Geelong will back their system to get the best out of these players whilst we hover in no man's land and have doubts over every potential candidate that we might be interested in. Time to grow some nuts Pies and take a gamble.
Good thing the decisions & selections of players are made by the club...not BF posters.

The club is the one that actually speaks to these players. Not us.

And as is currently being reported, it's the club which has chosen not to bring in Stringer. Based on their own reasons. Not those put forward by posters on BF 🙄

Seems you're willing to take a gamble on a 31 year old but not take one by selecting a young kpf in the draft.

Good thing the decisions & selections of players are made by the club...not BF posters.

The club is the one that actually speaks to these players. Not us.

And as is currently being reported, it's the club which has chosen not to bring in Stringer. Based on their own reasons. Not those put forward by posters on BF 🙄
I'm trying to keep in the BF spectrum. This thread is about potential scenarios. The club will always do what the club thinks is best. My concern is the preciousness that we hear from some on here in regards to potential targets. I'm backing the club in over people with narrow minds and faultless lives. It's 4 weeks from trade, we are going to get all sorts of fantasies but to reneg on players because they are human is usually uneducated and all assumption. Some are even worried about punchable heads ffs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hopefully we can land Houston. Surely noble and Richards together can create some sort of trade package that helps us land him, without giving up high future picks?
Question is does he want to come?
Don't think we're his preference at this stage. Seems to want Carlton but not sure how they get that deal done.
But he can't be too choosy if he wants to come back to vic.

On Gettable:

We are still in the mix for Houston
Twomey now saying Stringer is unlikely to come to us
Port will likely get in Richards
Matt Kennedy more likely to stay at Carlton as per his manager. Unless there is big interest from clubs, and there could be chats there. But he isn't actively looking to move, and would stay. Its just he sees himself as an inside mid, so bit of water under the bridge there.
Twomey is a weedy little twerp who wouldn't know anything about the Stringer Express.

Angry Atp Tour GIF by Tennis TV

I'm trying to keep in the BF spectrum. This thread is about potential scenarios. The club will always do what the club thinks is best. My concern is the preciousness that we hear from some on here in regards to potential targets. I'm backing the club in over people with narrow minds and faultless lives. It's 4 weeks from trade, we are going to get all sorts of fantasies but to reneg on players because they are human is usually uneducated and all assumption. Some are even worried about punchable heads ffs.
Think you're coming across as being a bit precious tbh 🥴

The club would take all things into consideration when deciding which player to bring into the club. And supporters are entitled to have their own opinions on that too.

At the end of the day it makes absolutely no difference what we think or say on BF.

Think you're coming across as being a bit precious tbh 🥴

The club would take all things into consideration when deciding which player to bring into the club. And supporters are entitled to have their own opinions on that too.

At the end of the day it makes absolutely no difference what we think or say on BF.
I'm all for opinions. I'm not sure where you're coming from. We are agreeing on the same thing. I don't think I've been against any player coming to the club, whether they're any good is another story

Question is does he want to come?
Don't think we're his preference at this stage. Seems to want Carlton but not sure how they get that deal done.
But he can't be too choosy if he wants to come back to vic.
True but they have a LOT of players on long term big money contracts so cap room likely to be an issue for Carlton. Surely we have a lot of cap room pending from 2026 onwards, so just need to move the magnets in 2025 to fit him in, maybe some backloading and contract shuffling with other listed players…

He hasn’t said no to Collingwood so it’s live until it isn’t. Has already knocked back Melbourne hasn’t he?

True but they have a LOT of players on long term big money contracts so cap room likely to be an issue for Carlton. Surely we have a lot of cap room pending from 2026 onwards, so just need to move the magnets in 2025 to fit him in, maybe some backloading and contract shuffling with other listed players…

He hasn’t said no to Collingwood so it’s live until it isn’t. Has already knocked back Melbourne hasn’t he?
Yeah, said no to dees only because of the drama of what happened with them. If not for them, he would be dees bound.
We've had a chat to him
We'll see what happens there.
He may have to stay another year if no deal is forthcoming.

Yeah, said no to dees only because of the drama of what happened with them. If not for them, he would be dees bound.
We've had a chat to him
Fair enough although anybody could see Melbournes been a slow moving train crash for a number of years…so maybe he should never have shown any interest in the first place

We've had a chat to him
If port has offered Perryman 6 years I think that means Houston is all but gone.

I'm all for opinions. I'm not sure where you're coming from. We are agreeing on the same thing. I don't think I've been against any player coming to the club, whether they're any good is another story
And if others have different opinions on potential trades for a variety of reasons, that's okay too?

Calling people uneducated, precious, narrow minded, living faultless lives etc because their opinion differs from yours about a player doesn't exactly say "I'm all for opinions".

If port has offered Perryman 6 years I think that means Houston is all but gone.
Think they offered that way before Houston has indicated he would like to come to vic.
They've been after him for 4 years. Maybe they think they can play them together and move other players around.

But they also would be assured they can deal with the loss of Houston if they get both Cumming and Perryman.
But they are still asking for 2 1sts for Houston.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back