List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Max king set to sign a 8 year deal until the end of 2032

Port get 12, 46, F2 (Coll), Richards
GC get Noble, 33, 37
Pies get Houston, 55, F3 (GC)
So you want us to completely trade out of this draft for Houston?

No thanks.

Carlton traded for Kennedy with pick 28 when he was 6 years younger. No thanks to ontrading pick 26 for Kennedy now that he's a fringe player they're looking to push out.
You’re shooting the messenger, (explainer).

Think we may look at 12 and future 2nd for Noble and future 1st
Richards for future 2nd.
Then that gives us 3 2nds in 2025 draft for McGuane
Then the decision would be do we keep 12 or trade it for someone like Houston.

Think we may look at 12 and future 2nd for Noble and future 1st
Richards for future 2nd.
Then that gives us 3 2nds in 2025 draft for McGuane
Then the decision would be do we keep 12 or trade it for someone like Houston.
Why would GC do that, they want to trade their sub-30 picks out of this draft, not next year when it will be harder to match bids.

So you want us to completely trade out of this draft for Houston?

No thanks.
Yep, I would. Back to back All Australian, completely transforms our transition game.

It's not like we're in this draft anyway. Slightly more so if we get pick 12 as part of the Noble deal, but I'd still take Houston over a mid teens pick this year.

Thank god Houston is close with Voss and it puts them in the box seat
It will spare us from making another terrible decision of trading out of the entire draft pool yet again for a half back flanker

If we can get pick 12 from the Suns we should be taking it the draft

Yep, I would. Back to back All Australian, completely transforms our transition game.

It's not like we're in this draft anyway. Slightly more so if we get pick 12 as part of the Noble deal, but I'd still take Houston over a mid teens pick this year.
We have him for one season then he’d be 29. That concerns me given the price. As good as is he, I just ain’t keen at what they’d want

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank god Houston is close with Voss and it puts them in the box seat
It will spare us from making another terrible decision of trading out of the entire draft pool yet again for a half back flanker

If we can get pick 12 from the Suns we should be taking it the draft
Is Pick 12 even that good?

How many Academy and Father Sons will be selected before Pick 12?

If Dekka what recently nailed picks, like Curry drains 3's then maybe I would be sure no worries let's go. For me Pick 12 is maybe 30% chance of being good and 70% no good (if it's a tall forward).

Why would GC do that, they want to trade their sub-30 picks out of this draft, not next year when it will be harder to match bids.
Makes sense for them to do it. They have lots of picks this year and could do with another first rounder next year which will be used to help cover points for more academy players next year.

No team is getting away with Noble for pick 12 type deals, unless there's a massive salary dump somehow involved.

You're missing the point, it's really all about your expectations for us to be "good citizens" at the trade table when literally nobody else is doing it, in case the message hasn't gotten across after replies from multiple posters.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back