List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

You take pick 12 to the draft with the intention of getting a player as good as Houston. He’s not just a half back, he’s the best in the game. Tremendous creator with high football IQ. It’d be like having 2 Nick Daicos’ - one in the guts and one at half-back.
If we get Houston he will be 28 next year and add this to 11 guys over 30. 4 guys over 29 and another over 28 all meaning arguably 16 in our best 23 are over 28 which is more than 2/3s of a team that need replacing in 4-5 years and many sooner than that.

In a super draft we should be looking to invest in that 5-6 picks in the top 50 if we can and be keeping 12 if we can get it. There will be bargain talent on the cheap that can fill immediate needs but our focus really needs to be boosting our youth with high end talent.

Jeez I genuinely don’t remember that link. Did he kick a winning goal or something that moved us out a spot in the draft?
Nah. He did kick a winning goal against Richmond late in the season, but it wouldn’t have changed our position (13th) or the fact that Richmond would have had a priority pick regardless.

In fact, the bottom 3 teams (Rich, Haw, WB) all had priority picks so they hogged the top 6 picks. Their draft picks may have changed as a result of the goal, but our pick was landing at 7 regardless. Our real mistake was trading it down to pick 10 so we could bring in Chad Morrison.

So at the worst, we missed out on Jordan Lewis, but young King was hardly responsible for that. In any case, our recruiters probably still would have drafted Chris Egan at 7 anyway, so we can’t really even claim we missed on Lewis.

We really should target Brisbane’s first rounder. There’s a few ways we can get it.

I’d also pull the trigger with Sydney if they are interested in our F1 for picks 18/19.

Means we could possibly go to the draft with 15 (Bris), 18, 19 (SYD) and one of 12/20/26 (GC).
Sounds good but can’t see a way to get both Brisbane’s first rounder and the trade with Sydney with what we have. Also if we trade out 2025 first rounder we will be wanting some picks back to get points for next year.

I know plenty. Shady characters hang around football clubs.
It doesn't mean players are involved in shady activities.
It was bloody Eminem in the Essendon changerooms derailing the Stringer Express.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How far off a flag do people realistically think we are next year?

even with a healthy list. We lack Key defender and more mid support. Above average HBF. Need to switch magnets to get Sidey and Pendles out of the middle of the ground. But who comes in as midfielders.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We really should target Brisbane’s first rounder. There’s a few ways we can get it.

I’d also pull the trigger with Sydney if they are interested in our F1 for picks 18/19.

Means we could possibly go to the draft with 15 (Bris), 18, 19 (SYD) and one of 12/20/26 (GC).

And how exactly do we go from a bugger all draft position to having 3 or 4 first round draft picks in a super draft?

You're missing the point, it's really all about your expectations for us to be "good citizens" at the trade table when literally nobody else is doing it, in case the message hasn't gotten across after replies from multiple posters.

i'm missing the point? Exactly where on earth did I say we need to be good citizens? All I said was demanding pick 12 for Noble is utterly ridiculous and accomplishes nothing.

How far off a flag do people realistically think we are next year?

even with a healthy list. We lack Key defender and more mid support. Above average HBF. Need to switch magnets to get Sidey and Pendles out of the middle of the ground. But who comes in as midfielders.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think we are a big chance with a healthy list.

Ah, so this is actually the reality of Jakey's big Muslim conversion? 🤣
hahaha must be.
No wonder Hind got delisted lol

And I remember seeing people thinking we should pick up Hind to replace murphy.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back