List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

If Carlton want Houston then they're nuts if they're not prepared to put up their 2024 1st round pick to get him.

Sure it's a highly rated draft blah blah blah but when it'll be 30 years next season since you won a flag and you have enough top end talent to give it a shake you should be prioritising the now.

Hopefully they continue to be stupid.

Means nothing when you have an incompetent coach.

Means nothing when you have an incompetent coach.
Vossy is not incompetent at all, in fact he should be rewarded for the direction he has taken that list he was handed. He could do better and I do think he has the ability to get them into the four next year, maybe even one spot behind north in the bottom section of the ladder.

Go Vossy 25 is your year, bottom 4 beckons.

God I loved Jeannie back in the day. Was enough to drive a young jimmy35 to impure thought seeing all that genie on display.
No belly button though of course, that was immoral.
She helped many a young male transition from child to man.

It might be time to play McStay as second ruck. Most sides are going in with only one dominant ruck. We need another avenue to score

I doubt they’d do that, post-ACL. Too much jumping and landing in congested situations, knee-on-knee contact with oppo ruck, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It might be time to play McStay as second ruck. Most sides are going in with only one dominant ruck. We need another avenue to score
I'd agree with you if we had another decent tall forward, but Cox is more dangerous in the air than anyone he'd be keeping out. We'd be doing it to play WHE as a tall forward when Checkers and McStay are both back - which might not be the end of the world - but it does make us less dangerous in the air up forward - with no Cox and McStay playing less time forward, as well as weaker in the ruck.

I'd agree with you if we had another decent tall forward, but Cox is more dangerous in the air than anyone he'd be keeping out. We'd be doing it to play WHE as a tall forward when Checkers and McStay are both back - which might not be the end of the world - but it does make us less dangerous in the air up forward - with no Cox and McStay playing less time forward, as well as weaker in the ruck.
Yep, we're in a bit of a conundrum. I'm really keen to see what we do this year. I still think we'll contend next year given a decent run with injuries

Should have a look at Cooper Stephens, will be cheep.
(No I don't think we should look at acquiring Stephens, I just wanted to get in first)
You're getting there Carl, but rather than what's in the brackets throw in some shit about Fly getting the best out of him, our system, more experienced players around him - voila - he'd be great for us.

Then a dumb joke at the end:

But Coopers is more suited to Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to see a three prong tall forward set up in Checkers , McStay and Membrey

Cox the unlucky one if this occurs. Although i must admit we looked so much better when Cox was in our team later in the year.

Checkers to the third defender, he will have a field day
Hardly three pronged tall.
Membrey is 188cm, we have bigger midfielders.

If we are going to have Checkers and Dan playing together and want another tall, I would rather a youngster that can take the third defender instead of a 30yo, 188cm apparent key forward.

If we are going to have Checkers and Dan playing together and want another tall, I would rather a youngster that can take the third defender instead of a 30yo, 188cm apparent key forward.

Cant disagree with that. Funnily enough just posted that sort of grievance in another thread on this board. We need to have that understudy type young player coming through in those positons

We don't want 3 talls. Medium forwards like Membrey are becoming more and more popular. Membrey works up and down the ground harder than Checkers or McStay. We don't want 3 tall forwards jumping over each other like the Bulldogs

I would rather the one who is capable of playing good AFL level footy, which is probably Membrey

A colleague of mine’s missus works with someone that goes to the same mosque as Stringer. Apparently he’s balls deep with some of the bikies there and that’s what prompted the AFL from warning Essendon about him bringing them into the rooms.

Those blokes are largely responsible for all the spontaneous fires at tobacco shops around Melbourne.

This might explain why there’s talk that Collingwood has cooled off on him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
1726716065494.jpeg

You're getting there Carl, but rather than what's in the brackets throw in some shit about Fly getting the best out of him, our system, more experienced players around him - voila - he'd be great for us.

Then a dumb joke at the end:

But Coopers is more suited to Adelaide.
No joke, but if you think Stephens would be better off at Collingwood you must be, he's never kicked the ball longer than 25 meters, he's more suited to captain coach of Colac.

As i stated earlier to all guys slim pickings for this draft guys.......So we have Noble leaving by the way it looks we may get pick 26 which i wouldn't trade Noble for that.Hold firm or he stays he is under contract.If Richards goes we get peanuts again plus Macinnes and Macrae a packet of chips and a packet of twisties. We have a weak draft hand at best
So if we can trade up the November draft and just get one of the Whitlock twins all good

Free agent targets who wont cost much Kennedy Thomlinson Membrey or Taberner maybe left field Tom Lynch (but 1.3 mill contract Maybe can split over 2 years) that would be it for this year.
Our attack in the draft for free agents will be next year 2025 We cannot trade off next years first rounder need it for T Maguane

As i stated earlier to all guys slim pickings for this draft guys.......So we have Noble leaving by the way it looks we may get pick 26 which i wouldn't trade Noble for that.Hold firm or he stays he is under contract.If Richards goes we get peanuts again plus Macinnes and Macrae a packet of chips and a packet of twisties. We have a weak draft hand at best
So if we can trade up the November draft and just get one of the Whitlock twins all good

Free agent targets who wont cost much Kennedy Thomlinson Membrey or Taberner maybe left field Tom Lynch (but 1.3 mill contract Maybe can split over 2 years) that would be it for this year.
Our attack in the draft for free agents will be next year 2025 We cannot trade off next years first rounder need it for T Maguane
Why do we need it for McGuane. In all likelihood 2 second rounders will be enough to match his bid.

Yep, we're in a bit of a conundrum. I'm really keen to see what we do this year. I still think we'll contend next year given a decent run with injuries
We only missed the finals on percentage this year, despite all our injuries & taking a while to find our mojo. I think we can all agree Lions were more than happy to meet Blues in the EF than us.

IMG_0651.gif

Gee, this Hind and Stringer connection has a Sam Fisher type fall written all over it imo.

Have a think about what you've suggested in this post.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back