List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

He's too similar to Checkers for me, but if we are going to move on Krueger he would be a handy back up.

He's more mobile than Checkers, plays taller than his 188cm might indicate, had good forward craft and leads well, really good at ground level with good goal sense and converts set shot opportunities at a good clip anywhere up to 50m out from goal.

In the absence of a better (bigger) KPD Membrey would fit into our system quite nicely and would easily be best 22 for us, indeed I could see a setup with McStay, Checkers, and Membrey producing 110+ goals between them across the season (assuming they all avoid the injury imp) which would make for a potent forward line when you add Sarge, Bobby, Billy, McCreery, the resting ruck, etc into the mix.

We only missed the finals on percentage this year, despite all our injuries & taking a while to find our mojo. I think we can all agree Lions were more than happy to meet Blues in the EF than us.
I'm just not feeling all the doom and gloom. We aren't any worse than any contender

We need to push for pick 12 from GC part of the Noble deal.

Whether we do Noble and an exchange of picks etc but we should be aiming for that. Get us back into the first round.

Also, keep next years first. Regardless of McGuane bid, let's see how we fare next year then trade at the conclusion of the season whether it involves a player or splitting picks.

Membrey does kick goals. But he is 30 and 188cm, so not sure he'd be the key forward we'll want.

Like I've said you before Jen if we're still in win-now mode then 2-3 good seasons from him will more than suffice.

We are going to have a (hopefully short) period of decline once all the vets retire and our late 20s guys start hitting their 30's, so now is the time to top up with short term rentals in positions of need if the coaching group and list managers still think we're in with a good shot for the next couple of years.

I'm just not feeling all the doom and gloom. We aren't any worse than any contender
Same. Can't wait for some better luck with injuries. Some tweaks to our game plan as Crispy spoke about this week, further development of our younger players, a couple of new players & a new defence coach..and maybe just maybe a full year with Dan & Checkers on the park together 🤞

We don't want 3 talls. Medium forwards like Membrey are becoming more and more popular. Membrey works up and down the ground harder than Checkers or McStay. We don't want 3 tall forwards jumping over each other like the Bulldogs
Historically he's also been the +1 who has gone back and shored up the defence when the other team is coming hard, especially towards the end of games, and he's done that job pretty well. Pretty much a Howe-lite in that respect.

A colleague of mine’s missus works with someone that goes to the same mosque as Stringer. Apparently he’s balls deep with some of the bikies there and that’s what prompted the AFL from warning Essendon about him bringing them into the rooms.

Those blokes are largely responsible for all the spontaneous fires at tobacco shops around Melbourne.

This might explain why there’s talk that Collingwood has cooled off on him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What a load of tripe all of this is. How come nobody batted a eye lid with Dusty's dad, Shane Martin. A low life criminal who had his visa cancelled for extensive criminal behaviour on Australian soil. Instead we got sob pieces from John Ralph who wanted us to feel sorry for him so Dusty and his criminal dad could reunite. The AFL is highly involved in betting/gambling, surrounded by high profile criminals on the outskirts.

These are things that have been happening for decades. The AFL are such hypocrites.

Please take this with the finest grain of salt because the bloke sounded like he was talking through a tin foil face mask but on Dwayne’s World someone called in saying take it to the bank Tom Lynch to the Pies and Norf are trying to make a play for Noah Balta.

The Tom Lynch rumour seems to be very lightly lingering

No idea what would even be involved in that kind of trade. He’s an injury prone 30-something key forward.

Future second?

We’d have to hope we can get his body right enough for just one good season which could potentially net us a flag. McStay, Lynch and Checkers with a rotating cast of smalls could be fairly formidable.

What a load of tripe all of this is. How come nobody batted a eye lid with Dusty's dad, Shane Martin. A low life criminal who had his visa cancelled for extensive criminal behaviour on Australian soil. Instead we got sob pieces from John Ralph who wanted us to feel sorry for him so Dusty and his criminal dad could reunite. The AFL is highly involved in betting/gambling, surrounded by high profile criminals on the outskirts.

These are things that have been happening for decades. The AFL are such hypocrites.
You speak the truth but Eric was referring to OMG"s being involved in the tobacco war and he's spot on.

No idea what would even be involved in that kind of trade. He’s an injury prone 30-something key forward.

Future second?

We’d have to hope we can get his body right enough for just one good season which could potentially net us a flag. McStay, Lynch and Checkers with a rotating cast of smalls could be fairly formidable.

he isn't worth a future second. add his contract and he's almost untradeable.

Future second?

I cant see it happening, they need to pay their cap to someone to hit the salary cap floor of 90%. It would have to be worth their while to off load him to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like I've said you before Jen if we're still in win-now mode then 2-3 good seasons from him will more than suffice.

We are going to have a (hopefully short) period of decline once all the vets retire and our late 20s guys start hitting their 30's, so now is the time to top up with short term rentals in positions of need if the coaching group and list managers still think we're in with a good shot for the next couple of years.
Where would you have WHE playing??

Exactly. He's been getting paid a mill to not play..and suddenly now he's fine to play for nothing? 🤣
It's not unheard of. Travis Cloke tore up the last year of his $800k contract to move to the dogs on a reduced two year deal. If Lynch is desperate to have another crack at a premiership, I can see him going down this path. For some veterans winning premierships is more important than the money. It's no different to players turning their back on North's 2 million per season offers

We don't want 3 talls. Medium forwards like Membrey are becoming more and more popular. Membrey works up and down the ground harder than Checkers or McStay. We don't want 3 tall forwards jumping over each other like the Bulldogs
Checkers 31, McStay 29, do we need another 30yo?
I would like just once to have an eye on the future.

Dont get me wrong, if there is absolutely 100% nobody of any note we can get in there, then yes let us waste a list spot on a 30yo.
As long as he costs two thirds of f*ck all.

It's not unheard of. Travis Cloke tore up the last year of his $800k contract to move to the dogs on a reduced two year deal. If Lynch is desperate to have another crack at a premiership, I can see him going down this path. For some veterans winning premierships is more important than the money
silly question but is Lynch allowed to do that? Lynch woul be great and looks like Richmond have coped the worst of his injuries

Checkers 31, McStay 29, do we need another 30yo?
I would like just once to have an eye on the future.

Dont get me wrong, if there is absolutely 100% nobody of any note we can get in there, then yes let us waste a list spot on a 30yo.
As long as he costs two thirds of f*ck all.
Only because we want to the flag over the next 2 years. I think we've decided to make hay while the sun shines. We'll still have plenty of good developing players

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back