List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Please take this with the finest grain of salt because the bloke sounded like he was talking through a tin foil face mask but on Dwayne’s World someone called in saying take it to the bank Tom Lynch to the Pies and Norf are trying to make a play for Noah Balta.
Are Richmond paying some of his salary and for his leg transplants

Only because we want to the flag over the next 2 years. I think we've decided to make hay while the sun shines. We'll still have plenty of good developing players
Who are these "plenty" of good developing players you speak of?
And dont just look at birth certificates to name names.

The two words that interest me are Plenty and Good.

I recall a certain poster posted about us receiving a player and a pick.
All hell broke loose not long after as the Petracca story broke.
I won’t call you out, (you know who you are).
If you have anything to update us with, it would be appreciated.

To me a Membrey or a Lynch makes sense if you can get them cheap (obviously Membrey is UFA so we won’t require a trade, not sure though about what Lynch would cost in a trade but you would hope not much) and you’re pairing that with a strategy to get back into the draft to target a KF or two.

There are some promising talls in the draft but they won’t be ready for a year or two at least, so bringing in some mature coverage helps us with or tilt at a flag next year and also allows the club to give more time to any potential draftees we bring in.

That's pretty good news. Lynch is a genuine FF and one we could a couple of more years out of
Maybe. Word is that he was right to play the last couple of rounds of the season but they put him on ice, so if he does come over it could be on the back of an extended preseason.

What a load of tripe all of this is. How come nobody batted a eye lid with Dusty's dad, Shane Martin. A low life criminal who had his visa cancelled for extensive criminal behaviour on Australian soil. Instead we got sob pieces from John Ralph who wanted us to feel sorry for him so Dusty and his criminal dad could reunite. The AFL is highly involved in betting/gambling, surrounded by high profile criminals on the outskirts.

These are things that have been happening for decades. The AFL are such hypocrites.

I agree with you mate. I don’t judge anyone by the colour of their skin, their religion, their gender etc. as long as they’re genuinely good people and do no wrong by me, I’ll reciprocate.

I understand why the club would steer away from someone like Stringer. If it were up to me though, I’d take him in a heartbeat because it improves us as a club. As long as he buys in completely and respects his teammates and the staff, there’s no issues whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

To those wanting Membrey.
WHE is the same height, better mark and better ground ball game as a fwd.
Why do we need Membrey?
Isn’t a gamble on a young tall a better use of a spot than Membrey?
Yeah, you're probably right. Although Membrey is a completely different type of player. Fly was the one who said we needed more scoring power and Membrey leaves WHE for dead in that regard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Lynch is on the contract that has been reported the only way I’d take him (& his contract & injury history) would be if they sent him and a first (that they get in for Baker/Bolton/Rioli) in a Bowes style Cats/salary dump our way. Don’t love the contract but in effect we would be buying our way back into 2024 first round & it gives us that mature pure KPF we are lacking.

Probably already said but really feel like Lukosius should be the ideal signing if they can pull it off. Firstly TALL, Super Durable, Elite skills and can play both ends of the ground.

If Gold Coast really want him off the books - a future first with a second coming back might be the way to go if McGuane ends up being a first rounder.

Probably already said but really feel like Lukosius should be the ideal signing if they can pull it off. Firstly TALL, Super Durable, Elite skills and can play both ends of the ground.

If Gold Coast really want him off the books - a future first with a second coming back might be the way to go if McGuane ends up being a first rounder.
You mean if they give us a 1st, right?

He's off to Adelaide bro

He's more mobile than Checkers, plays taller than his 188cm might indicate, had good forward craft and leads well, really good at ground level with good goal sense and converts set shot opportunities at a good clip anywhere up to 50m out from goal.

In the absence of a better (bigger) KPD Membrey would fit into our system quite nicely and would easily be best 22 for us, indeed I could see a setup with McStay, Checkers, and Membrey producing 110+ goals between them across the season (assuming they all avoid the injury imp) which would make for a potent forward line when you add Sarge, Bobby, Billy, McCreery, the resting ruck, etc into the mix.
Tom Lynch is a much better player. End of story.

If Lynch is on the contract that has been reported the only way I’d take him (& his contract & injury history) would be if they sent him and a first (that they get in for Baker/Bolton/Rioli) in a Bowes style Cats/salary dump our way. Don’t love the contract but in effect we would be buying our way back into 2024 first round & it gives us that mature pure KPF we are lacking.

It's been reported a million times they will wear a chunk of the cost however they want the good pick in return.

It's not unheard of. Travis Cloke tore up the last year of his $800k contract to move to the dogs on a reduced two year deal. If Lynch is desperate to have another crack at a premiership, I can see him going down this path. For some veterans winning premierships is more important than the money. It's no different to players turning their back on North's 2 million per season offers
TC is a different cat, though...

It's been reported a million times they will wear a chunk of the cost however they want the good pick in return.
I reckon that makes it a very hard sell for them if thats the case. I can't imagine anyone handing over a decent pick for him. I hope they are forced to keep him and it costs them $250K a game for what they get out of him

The Tom Lynch rumour seems to be very lightly lingering

No idea what would even be involved in that kind of trade. He’s an injury prone 30-something key forward.

Future second?

We’d have to hope we can get his body right enough for just one good season which could potentially net us a flag. McStay, Lynch and Checkers with a rotating cast of smalls could be fairly formidable.
1726731663522.jpeg

If club and player agree, the contract can be torn up.
Lynch’s contract is a FA deal so I doubt it can be torn up. Best case would be that he agrees to a two year extension at $250-300k pa so you’re left with 3 years at $2-2.1m which you structure based on our cap situation. The argument from some will be “why” from his camp which is a case of a simple guaranteed 3 years and $500-600k v the uncertainty of 1 and none.

he isn't worth a future second. add his contract and he's almost untradeable.
For a guy who is 32 next month, has played 4 games in each of the past 2 years and is owed $1.5m in total for next year I would not be offering anything and would want a 1st round pick coming to us. There is a good chance he plays minimal games next year

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Tom Lynch rumour seems to be very lightly lingering

No idea what would even be involved in that kind of trade. He’s an injury prone 30-something key forward.

Future second?

We’d have to hope we can get his body right enough for just one good season which could potentially net us a flag. McStay, Lynch and Checkers with a rotating cast of smalls could be fairly formidable.
Injury prone, old and on a massive contract. I wouldn’t be giving anything below pick 40 even if Richmond was paying a massive chunk of his ridiculously large salary.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back